Just want an opinion.

The Big Cat

Just want an opinion.

Hey guys,
i recently acquired a cricket bat from india.
Now i notice it says Kashmir Willow, not like my beloved Gray Nichols Fusion, which has Grade 2 English Willow.
I dunno if any of you guys have heard a good rap for this bat, its a Sehwah VS 319.
It says Grade A on the back of it.
Im extremely unsure on this bat, as a friend purchased it while he was over in India, ive started to knock it in, im not even sure if it's been pre-knocked, buh it dosent sound too bad.
Buh yeah, any help or opinions on this would be much apreciated :D

Re: Just want an opinion.

As a general rule kashmir is substandard to english willow - the temp is much more arid which makes the wood much more brittle = worse bat.

As a rule of thumb it will become 'dead' quicker than english willow and your shots wont go very far and bits will chip and crack sooner. However this is just a general rule and it could be the exception. It should be ok for indoor matches with softer balls or backyard cricket with a tennis ball, but i cant really say, try it in nets, take it to game - just make sure you have an english willow bat incase it breaks

TeeJay1860 is pretty much spot on. However, the lowest grade English willow is comparable to the top end Kashmir stuff, so you never know. It'll probably play ok but won't last as long - they have a habit of breaking, especially when digging out yorkers.

TeeJay1860;387119 said:
As a general rule kashmir is substandard to english willow - the temp is much more arid which makes the wood much more brittle = worse bat.
In addition it seems from what I've read that while english willow is grown with the specific intention of being used for bats, kashmir willow is grown in a much more haphazard and less controlled way. This means not only is the wood of a lower quality due to the climate, it is also more likely to contain a myriad of flaws and uneven grains. It may be that higher grades of kashmir willow are grown more carefully, but most kashmir willow is just bought on mass by willow wholesalers without any real quality control.

Spiderlounge;387418 said:
In addition it seems from what I've read that while english willow is grown with the specific intention of being used for bats, kashmir willow is grown in a much more haphazard and less controlled way. This means not only is the wood of a lower quality due to the climate, it is also more likely to contain a myriad of flaws and uneven grains. It may be that higher grades of kashmir willow are grown more carefully, but most kashmir willow is just bought on mass by willow wholesalers without any real quality control.

I've got a few Kashmir bats that I actually prefer, but then I do bat at no.10 and I rarely hit the ball!!!! Have a look at this it might be helpful - Worlds Largest English Cricket Bat Willow Supplier

Back