Katich and Hayden

Yorker

Katich and Hayden

I read somewhere that Katich, who is a boring Lawry, Boycott, yawn defensive batsman ( 55 mins this morning without making a run ) is a very real part of Hayden's problem. He needs to be partnered with another aggressive run maker which gives him the action he needs to fire up. I guess it could be pretty hard to get on song when the other guy is putting everyone to sleep. Considering some of the other batting efforts, I am not sure if Hayden is as bad as the media say, they do seem to have it in for him.
Maybe there could be some truth in the wrong partner theory, what do you guys think, valid or not?

Re: Katich and Hayden

First innings:

Katich 47 from 52 (Strike-rate: 90.38)
Hayden 31 from 78 (Strike-rate: 39.74)

Whoever wrote that piece should be demoted to doing the horoscopes. Katich regularly outscores Hayden and this summer has been scoring his runs as fast as nearly most other batsman in the side.

Do you happen to know who did write it?

a for effort;304867 said:
First innings:

Katich 47 from 52 (Strike-rate: 90.38)
Hayden 31 from 78 (Strike-rate: 39.74)

Whoever wrote that piece should be demoted to doing the horoscopes. Katich regularly outscores Hayden and this summer has been scoring his runs as fast as nearly most other batsman in the side.

Do you happen to know who did write it?

No sorry I don't, but I will see if I can find it again, I think it may have been on some UK site.

Whoever did is an absolute fool, to say the least. Hayden is crap because he is 37, not because Katich, who is Australia's most consistent batsmen at the moment, is his partner.

And Hayden is the problem if you ask me. A collapse starts at the top, and with Hayden out of form, we no longer have 2 openers to stay in. This leads to the middle order facing a fired up pace attack whilst the ball is still partly new. Just my 2 cents

jimmy33;305071 said:
Whoever did is an absolute fool, to say the least. Hayden is crap because he is 37, not because Katich, who is Australia's most consistent batsmen at the moment, is his partner.

And Hayden is the problem if you ask me. A collapse starts at the top, and with Hayden out of form, we no longer have 2 openers to stay in. This leads to the middle order facing a fired up pace attack whilst the ball is still partly new. Just my 2 cents

buddy, i wouldnt go calling any australian player crap.

Yorker;304859 said:
I read somewhere that Katich, who is a boring Lawry, Boycott, yawn defensive batsman ( 55 mins this morning without making a run ) is a very real part of Hayden's problem. He needs to be partnered with another aggressive run maker which gives him the action he needs to fire up. I guess it could be pretty hard to get on song when the other guy is putting everyone to sleep. Considering some of the other batting efforts, I am not sure if Hayden is as bad as the media say, they do seem to have it in for him.
Maybe there could be some truth in the wrong partner theory, what do you guys think, valid or not?

yeh i totaly agree with that, when hayden whas with langer they were both very agressive and made runs pretty quick in a test match but ever since langer has gone hayden hasnt been performing aswell as he should be. but i think he still should get one last shot

Mr Haydos;305114 said:
yeh i totaly agree with that, when hayden whas with langer they were both very agressive and made runs pretty quick in a test match but ever since langer has gone hayden hasnt been performing aswell as he should be. but i think he still should get one last shot

Not that you're biased or anything, Mr Haydos, but that's bullshit. Katich has scored far quicker than Hayden. You could make a much, MUCH better argument that Katich is not performing as well as he could because he feels he has to score faster than he is comfortable to pick up Hayden's slack.

Mr Haydos;305112 said:
buddy, i wouldnt go calling any australian player crap.

Why on Earth not? I think you need to wake up and face the music mate, Hayden is 37, not performing, and thus, to me, is crap. Hopefully the selectors grow a collective pair and drop him so fast it will make his head spin.

Back