king_of_slaves's blog.

Re: king_of_slaves's blog.

Great news Ali!

Thanks also for keeping us informed... although, now that you're famous, I suppose you'll forget about us mortals :D.

Thanks MC, Liz... Good to see some old faces again :)

My next matches are against the youth side of Liverpool CC visiting us for a short two match series. We've developped a great small rivalry with them over the last two years, losing to them in Liverpool in May 2009, but beating them on their return tour to Switzerland later that year.

Should be a good competition, to say the least.

Alright then -

We won the first of two matches on a very hot day. 3 of the Liverpool players fainted due to the heat.

Back to the cricket, it was a magnificent close match.

We scored 220-4 from our alloted 40 overs, I scored 50* from 30 odd balls (3 fours, 4 sixes - worst 50 I've ever scored, btw... was dropped twice) before I was forced to retire to give the others a go.

They started off slowly, but then capitalized big time when our younger bowlers were on - with the last ten overs to go, they needed 67 to win with 7 wickets in hands, the number 4 batsman scored a brilliant 70 odd before finally being out caught at mid-off and from there on we pulled the game back in our favour and won by a very close margin of 6 runs.

My figures were 8-1-21-1 (O-M-R-W)

Due to my all-round performance, I was awarded the MoTM award (Two in two now :D)

Now the game tomorrow has been shortened to a T20 due to fitness concerns with the opposition and some of our younger players, and I have to admit that the weather was pretty unforgiving today.

Will update this after tomorrow's match, signing off for now.

Lost the second game against Liverpool today. It was a T20 and we got them all out for 111.

I took 4 wickets giving away only 14 runs in my 4 overs.

But then our opening batsmen went out to play the match as if it were a test match. (One of them scored 6 off 10 balls while the other one scored 26 off 51 balls) The opening partnership was broken with the score on 21, but even the number 3 batsmen found it hard going and in the end was out caught behind for just 3 (off 11 balls). By the time I came into bat, the required rate had climbed up to 8.5 an over, so I set about slogging as one of the openers was still out there unable to go for the big shots. I managed just 9 runs in the end getting out caught as the ball came off the toe of the bat.

It was a all downhill after that, as we got bowled out for 82.

We didn't have 3 of our top-order batsmen today, but it was still disappointing the way we threw the match away with our batting after our bowlers had bowled so well to put us in a winning position at the innings break.

Back