Knee Injury

Jonesy

Knee Injury

Hi, I've had on and off pain in the inside of my right knee for a few years, I used to get it alot, then it went away and yesterday it came back, worse than ever. At time I can hardly walk. It in the left side of my right knee.

Does anybody know what it is or anything to help?

Thanks.

Re: Knee Injury

Get someone to check how you walk. It is possible that your feet do not face straight on when you walk and this is your problem. You may need corrective inner-soles.

Either way, see your GP and get recommended to a physio.

Hehe, i've had the same problem. But thats gone away right now. And for some reason it was only when i walked around the house. Not when i ran or walked my dog. But it wasnt as serious as you are describing it

Jonesy said:
Hi, I've had on and off pain in the inside of my right knee for a few years, I used to get it alot, then it went away and yesterday it came back, worse than ever. At time I can hardly walk. It in the left side of my right knee.

Does anybody know what it is or anything to help?

Thanks.

What were you doing yesterday when the pain came back?

Nothing unusual, just marked out my run-up for cricket practise, and then when I ran in bam. I hadn't had it for nearly a year or even more. It's gone away now but was troubling me for 2 days, mmm, I probably like a long term solution but yeh I reckon I need authodics or something

Jonesy said:
...but yeh I reckon I need authodics or something

Not necessarily!

I do not think this is a long term injury as such.

It sounds like your right MCL has lost some of its stabilising quality from the first incident and through some biomechanical malfunction [probably as you turned to start your run up, you did not pick your right foot up, therefore, putting stress on your knee as you rotated], you felt the twinge. This is your knee's way of telling you, "hey, pick your feet up!" Unfortunately, knees are not designed to rotate, you must do it at the foot. ;)

Back