Kookaburra T20 Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowCorner

Kookaburra T20 Cup

For those that may want to stay away from training on Tue 10th Nov 09 as the forecast is a nice warm 32 degrees.

Lower Eltham is playing Heidelberg at Lower Eltham in a Twenty20 game. This is a knock out T20 CV sanctioned game, this will continue from now on.

Lower Eltham was selected by the VMCU, I have no idea of the criteria however I believe that finishing on top and winning both 1 dayers well contributed. Heidelberg won the one day comp in the HDCA.

BBQ will be sizzling and Beer will be flowing and hopefully some good cricket (and a DVCA win). If your not doing anything please drop down, game starts at 5pm sharp.

Re: Kookaburra T20 Cup

The criteria in our region (Northern Rivers) is that each competition enter their one-day premiers.

What region is the Diamond Valley CA in? The Northern Rivers region held their finals for the Kookaburra T20 Cup last weekend, with Barooga CC progressing to the round of 16.

Tongs;374397 said:
Sexual favours!

Still a f#ck wit tongs.;)

Actually we had no idea how we where selected until I was told on Tuesday at the game. Heidelberg won the One Day comp in the HDCA. As Mernda, Epping and Lalor Stars are not in the DVCA region and we finished on top last year we where invited.

Strange rules I have no idea why they do not use teams in the same comp, but hey, we had a crowd of well over 100, top cricket and great food and cold beer and in the end a really easy win.:cool:

And best of all Dave you did not turn up, always a good day at the cricket when that happens.:D:D

CowCorner;375154 said:
Still a f#ck wit tongs.;)

Actually we had no idea how we where selected until I was told on Tuesday at the game. Heidelberg won the One Day comp in the HDCA. As Mernda, Epping and Lalor Stars are not in the DVCA region and we finished on top last year we where invited.

Strange rules I have no idea why they do not use teams in the same comp, but hey, we had a crowd of well over 100, top cricket and great food and cold beer and in the end a really easy win.:cool:

And best of all Dave you did not turn up, always a good day at the cricket when that happens.:D:D

You had whitey turn up! There is nothing good about that!

The Kookaburra T20 is based on region, not association, which probably seems a bit dumb, but them's the rules. Lower Eltham were offered the chance because they were the only North-East Metro region club to finish in the DVCA top 4. The others are in the North Metro region.

As cowcorner said, Heidelberg CC were the one day champs in the HDCA last season.

LECC will play the winner of Keon Park vs. Epping, which is being played tomorrow night.

I din't realise any of the Victorian cricket associations were split between regions, (besides Sub-District and District cricket) I thought all competitions were completely in one region or completely in another.

Next Match is North Metro (Epping CC) vs North-East Metro (Lower Eltham CC) to be played at Eltham Lower Park on Tuesday 8th December, commencing at 5pm.

Rampant;378803 said:
Is there anywhere where you can get a hold of the draw for this?

Draws are done 'on the run'. ie after teams win they are drawn and really given less than a weeks notice.

20/20 Cricket is comming to kinglake December 13th to raise money for the surrounding bushfire effected areas as advertised on ABC and SEN radio.teams participating will be kinglake, marysville, flowerdale, strathuwen and yarra glen.Day starts at 830 until 6 with lots of entertainment, music and give aways, signed cricket gear from the Australian test side and a chance to win a meet and great session with the australian players after there morning warm up session on boxing day.bacon and egg rolls in the morning to BBQ at lunch with full open bar!looking to get a massive crowd with special guest apperances.
Come up for the Day to Support and Enjoy some Country 20/20 Cricket.

1St Time Spectator;379429 said:
20/20 Cricket is comming to kinglake December 13th to raise money for the surrounding bushfire effected areas as advertised on ABC and SEN radio.teams participating will be kinglake, marysville, flowerdale, strathuwen and yarra glen.Day starts at 830 until 6 with lots of entertainment, music and give aways, signed cricket gear from the Australian test side and a chance to win a meet and great session with the australian players after there morning warm up session on boxing day.bacon and egg rolls in the morning to BBQ at lunch with full open bar!looking to get a massive crowd with special guest apperances.
Come up for the Day to Support and Enjoy some Country 20/20 Cricket.

Sounds like a fantastic day, will hope to get out there and have a few watching some cricket.

bringbackdeano;378801 said:
Next Match is North Metro (Epping CC) vs North-East Metro (Lower Eltham CC) to be played at Eltham Lower Park on Tuesday 8th December, commencing at 5pm.

The old Cow Corner has been slack in his holidays (he's having about 3 years off) and hasn't written on here the change of date about the T20 match between Lower Eltham V Epping. He has put it on facebook but forgot about here.

It has been moved to this Sunday 10th January. 12pm start. I presume the same grub will be on again as the round 1 game and as usual the bar will be open for all us drunks and softies for the kiddies.

Sorry for the late notice and hope to see you there.

Cheers

The430king;383739 said:
The old Cow Corner has been slack in his holidays (he's having about 3 years off) and hasn't written on here the change of date about the T20 match between Lower Eltham V Epping. He has put it on facebook but forgot about here.

It has been moved to this Sunday 10th January. 12pm start. I presume the same grub will be on again as the round 1 game and as usual the bar will be open for all us drunks and softies for the kiddies.

Sorry for the late notice and hope to see you there.

Cheers

Thanks James, and bite me. I only have two and a half weeks of holidays left.

To wrap the match up from yesterday, quickly:

Epping won the toss, made 132 all out in the 16th.

K. Vinator (aka F. Andpykal or W. Estinhouse) teed off and made 70 odd (I cannot remember) and Lower Eltham proceeded to make the score comfortably and move onto round three.

Game was played in great spirits, big thanks to The Epping boys who hung around for a quite Sunday Sip after the game, that's what local cricket is all about, the beer at the end.

430King = Soft - No appearance mate soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back