Kyle Jarvis Quits International Cricket.

Just came here to post this. This has bummed me out so much. :( He's only 24! I was optimistic 24 hours ago when the pay dispute seemed to have been resolved and a Players' Union formed, but the Cricinfo article suggests that Charles Coventry might also be looking to go on the same emigratory route as Jarvis. I'm way too frazzled right now to see the situation fully, and I hoping that I'll wake up tomorrow morning to find out this was a bad dream.

Just came here to post this. This has bummed me out so much. :( He's only 24! I was optimistic 24 hours ago when the pay dispute seemed to have been resolved and a Players' Union formed, but the Cricinfo article suggests that Charles Coventry might also be looking to go on the same emigratory route as Jarvis. I'm way too frazzled right now to see the situation fully, and I hoping that I'll wake up tomorrow morning to find out this was a bad dream.
I hope it'll get resolved, they weren't winning bit at least they were fighting again.

I view Zimbabwe cricket like NZ cricket from the 1930's to the 1960's, a very small sprinkling of talent with the others being hard workers making up the numbers. Unfortunately though, if you lose anyone you may as well throw in the towel because there really isn't anything beyond the top 11.

Jarvis can bowl, he's not as quick as a young Streak but he moves the ball both ways and is getting better with every game. Hopefully he'll go to county cricket for a few years to refins his game and come back when this is resolved.

I heard he might be going over there to qualify for potential England selection after four years, a similar move was also hinted that he could do the same with New Zealand. Apparently several NZ sides were keen to get him over there but I suppose three years in county cricket does offer some job security and better coin.

Looks as if Zimbabwe cricket is on another downturn.

hopefully he gos back to zim - very useful bowler and could create a potent combo with vitori once he finds a bit of form again

Back