Laws Of Cricket Thread

JM71

The MCC/ICC has passed the following changes from 1 October to the Laws of Cricket
"
  • A new No ball Law (24.6) making it a No ball if the bowler breaks the wicket during his delivery stride. (See Law 24)
  • A batsman with a runner is now protected if he is ‘stumped’ off a No ball. Previously, he would have been out run out. (See Law 2.8)
  • The moment at which a batsman can be out Handled the ball has been limited to when he is playing the ball or its immediate aftermath, i.e. when defending his wicket. Consequently, only the striker can be out this way. Any subsequent handling by either batsman will be subject to Obstructing the field. (See Laws 33 and 37)
  • Hit the ball twice – it is no longer possible to score any runs after making a lawful second strike (in defence of his wicket). Previously, runs could be taken after a lawful second strike only after an overthrow had occurred, but this option of run scoring has been removed completely. (See Law 34)
  • Practice on the field – players are now allowed to bowl a ball to a fielder as a loosener, even if it bounces on the ground, as long as it does not waste time or is not being done to damage the ball. (See Law 17)
Source: http://www.lords.org/mcc/laws-of-cricket/law-changes-2013-explained/
What do you guys think?
Also what else would you change?

I think it is all pretty well common sense and like the no-ball update, hit the ball twice and bowling practice. As I believe these are all common sense (and in the case of the hit twice law was an unwritten rule anyway).

The MCC/ICC has passed the following changes from 1 October to the Laws of Cricket
"
  • A new No ball Law (24.6) making it a No ball if the bowler breaks the wicket during his delivery stride. (See Law 24)
  • A batsman with a runner is now protected if he is ‘stumped’ off a No ball. Previously, he would have been out run out. (See Law 2.8)
  • The moment at which a batsman can be out Handled the ball has been limited to when he is playing the ball or its immediate aftermath, i.e. when defending his wicket. Consequently, only the striker can be out this way. Any subsequent handling by either batsman will be subject to Obstructing the field. (See Laws 33 and 37)
  • Hit the ball twice – it is no longer possible to score any runs after making a lawful second strike (in defence of his wicket). Previously, runs could be taken after a lawful second strike only after an overthrow had occurred, but this option of run scoring has been removed completely. (See Law 34)
  • Practice on the field – players are now allowed to bowl a ball to a fielder as a loosener, even if it bounces on the ground, as long as it does not waste time or is not being done to damage the ball. (See Law 17)
Source: http://www.lords.org/mcc/laws-of-cricket/law-changes-2013-explained/

What do you guys think?
Also what else would you change?

In the second point does that mean if the runner is out from the crease you can not make the batsmen runout for a no ball?

Or does this apply only for the injured striker?

Just to clarify.....do you mean if the runner is out of his crease when the wicket is put down by the keeper for a no ball....stricket is out runout.

But if the stricker is out of the crease for a no ball he can not be out stumped

If both the runner and the striker out from the crease for a no ball......still batsmen is out run out?? Am i correct

Please applogise if i am making you guys life difficult asking silly questions. But would like your opinion on these 3 senarios according to the new rules

Just to clarify.....do you mean if the runner is out of his crease when the wicket is put down by the keeper for a no ball....stricket is out runout.

But if the stricker is out of the crease for a no ball he can not be out stumped

If both the runner and the striker out from the crease for a no ball......still batsmen is out run out?? Am i correct

Please applogise if i am making you guys life difficult asking silly questions. But would like your opinion on these 3 senarios according to the new rules

First scenario - used to be run out, now it's not out.

That's correct.

I imagine you're right for scenario 3, as if runner has left crease it is not to play a shot.

Back