legspin bowling video pt 2 plss see

Re: legspin bowling video pt 2 plss see

ive had a look at it. ive got a few ideas of things you may want to look at...

1. your run-up contains about 3 skips, always at the same place so far as i can tell, so obviously they have become part of your rhythm, but it would be better if they werent there! skipping reduces your forward momentum, you take a decent sized "run up", but spend the first half of it walking, followed by lots of skips breaking it up. you could probably just take 3 steps and bowl exactly the same with less time for errors to creep in.

i would advise you pacing out a run up very carefully before each practice, and marking a line (either with your foot in the dirt, or putting a cone down, etc). run up from the exact same point every time, and always use the same steps. count your steps as you approach, this can sometimes help with rhythm.

2. your action and follow through doesnt look too bad, its hard to see the finer details in the video, but you get your leading arm up, you rotate through the action and you follow through with your arms. your legs dont seem to do too much work though and thats an area that you could maybe improve. you need to plant your front foot, and then once youve released the ball your trailing leg needs to power through to encourage the rest of your body to do so. you seem to release the ball, then your upper body follows through, and your legs just stop, but you tag a jog onto the end of it. you need to transfer more energy through your action at the crease so that your legs HAVE to follow through simply through their momentum.

3. when you release the ball your right wrist looks to do very little. its hard to see for sure, but so far as i can tell from the video it would look like your action is very finger dependant. if you can use your wrist more, e.g. get it to flick hard, youll generate more spin.

overall it doesnt look bad, fixing your run up so that it doesnt have those skips in it will probably also add momentum and energy to your follow through, and that may also increase your spinning effort because youll be moving quicker and may also increase your wrist flick. as your action is now, you might as well not have the run up at all because you remove all your momentum just as you take your delivery stride, and the skips are probably hurting your rhythm more than helping it. those are my thoughts on it, youve got a lot of the same issues that i had (some of them i still have) and when i got my run up and my follow through sorted the improvements elsewhere were massive. so if you can hook it all up you should see big improvements :)

Back