M.S Dhoni "The AdMan"

Do you think Dhoni should concentrate more on cricket rather on Television?

• Yes. He should stop doing ads as his cricket is going down.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hitterman

M.S Dhoni "The AdMan"

As all Indians know that they can see Dhoni more on advertisements rather than on field. He is earning lot of money every month.

Do you think he should concentrate more on cricket rather on Television?

Re: M.S Dhoni "The AdMan"

Hitterman;281761 said:
As all Indians know that they can see Dhoni more on advertisements rather than on field. He is earning lot of money every month.

Do you think he should concentrate more on cricket rather on Television?
Is there any problem with that? I don't see any problems with Dhoni appearing in advertisements.
Do you have any proof to suggest that it is having an impact on his cricket?

I agree with your point but as we can see that Yuvraj was so good that he was appointed as Vice Captain. But now the story has been completely changed. He is struggling to get his place in the team.

What the hell are you talking about? He just smashed a hundred off 60 odd balls in his last game? That was hardly a struggle.

He wasn't in good form prior to this series but that wasn't due to him appearing in ads. He was just going through a bad phase. It happens to most cricketers.

He scored hundred in last match. I am talking about his 5 last matches after which he was thrown out of the team.

I don't see anything wrong with him doing advertisements. Cricket, apart from being his passion also is his profession. He can't just go on playing Cricket knowing he has no money for tomorrow's food.

I know that statement is a bit exaggerated but that explains the position of the Cricketers. I don't think it affects their cricket too anyways. Good Cricketers who love cricket will play same throughout despite of the distractions.

Just because ads are shown on a very frequent basis, does not mean the cricketer is devoting his life to acting and advertisements. These type of shoots take not more than 2 days (1 day in most cases), and this time comes from their leisure time.

Nothing wrong imo. Atleast they are motivated to keep fit ;)

As long as the ads aren't affecting his cricketing performances then I see no problem with it. The Australian players have been doing ads for a long time and it doesn't seem to be affecting their games at all. Matthew Hayden, Michael Clarke, Michael Hussey, Ricky Ponting, Adam Gilchrist and Andrew Symonds appear quite frequently on the TV in ads.

Back