MacGill's race against time

Re: MacGill's race against time

I hope he gets fit until the boxing day test. It would be disappointing if he has to retire.
He didn't have much of an impact when he played last against India. He can spin the ball a lot, but he bowls too many half volleys and full tosses. I think Brad Hogg, who is 36 years old too, has a good opportunity to play the boxing day test.

he was bowling poorly in hobart test. i think it will be tough for him to regain fitness. hope the best for him though. i dont think he'll play for more than a year or two, hes already 36 so australia need to look at younger prospects.

What an idiot, he has years to get into shape and when his time comes he still hasnt got himself into shape. Doesnt deserve a place if you let that happen to you.

Macgill is a fantastic spinner, i just hope he finds fitness, because Warne really didnt give him a chance, he has Brad Hogg knocking so i hope he does get into the team!

Timed Out said:
What an idiot, he has years to get into shape and when his time comes he still hasnt got himself into shape. Doesnt deserve a place if you let that happen to you.
he had a knee surgery lately thats why hes not fully fit. its not like hes been unfit all that time.

I hope he does get fit in time. it will be a unfortunate end to his career otherwise. Hogg has the chapell hadlee series to impress the selectors but i think they will persist with macgill in tests.

Mike111 said:
he had a knee surgery lately thats why hes not fully fit. its not like hes been unfit all that time.

I hope he is fit for the Test series against India.He is a good leg spinner.
The selectors should have thought earlier about a spinner in place of Warne.

McGill is a great spinner and like a lot of other Austrlians would have played 75 plus tests if he'd been born in any other test playing country.

As for his current fitness, he was just coming back from a leg injury so he probably needed a bit more time. I think it shows that they value him in that they are giving him the warning to get fit.

They need to mature the young spinners and not settle for 36yr olds. They're only gonna be there for two years max in my opinion. Out with the old in with the new i say!

I don't know on this one, personally I think spinners mature a lot later than other bowlers, maybe not until their later 20's/very early 30's.

The problem Australia have is they they don't really have anyone in that age bracket at the moment, they need McGill and Hogg to go on for another 3 years or so.

The other problem with Hogg is that he averages almost 40 in first class cricket, not that impressive, although his one day stats are. Then again he's no mug with the bat. Tough call all in all.

He already had surgery two times and the problem is still there so how will it improve after having surgery once again. If he has surgery then i think he will retire because it will be very hard to comeback.

well hes going ot miss the india series anyway. hes undergoing suregery on his hand. i hope he can bounce back quickly. his career shouldnt end like this.

well then it seems that hogg will play or they might prepare green bouncy tracks and play four quicks. i hope we have RP, Zaheer and Irfan in good form because im sure they can cause a lot of trouble for the aussies on those tracks.

Back