Make Clarke vice-captain now

Simbazz

Make Clarke vice-captain now

Warne calls for Gilchrist to be replaced

Shane Warne wants Michael Clarke to succeed Adam Gilchrist as Ricky Ponting's deputy in all forms of the game after his strong performance as Twenty20 captain. Admitting Clarke was one of his best mates, Warne said he was the standout candidate and now was the time to groom him.

Link

I am 100% behind Warne here, Pup can have his time learning under one of the arguably best captains in the world at the moment.

I think Clarke will be one day the captain of Australia, in all forms, but he needs to learn the trade, Gilchrist is unlikely to succeed Ponting as Gilchrist is likely to retire sometime around the same time as Ponting.

Re: Make Clarke vice-captain now

They were talking about this back in the 2005 ashes and calling him a future captain, he should defo be the vice captain and punter might give up the captaincy after the next ashes i think. Then he will play on but maybe not as captain. Just an idea.

Maybe, some argue Punter is only successful because of the guys he captains over, which is partly true, but look at the wealth of people he has, he can talk to past captains, who, in their day where the captains of the world! So definately, Pup for captain.

Virendersingh.berthwal said:
Is it true that Andrew Symonds also expressed his desire to captain the Aussie side.
yeah but its much to late now. hussey has also said he wanted to captain again, hoping to come back from losing the chapell-hadlee trophy 3-0

After Gilchrist and Ponting hopefully it'll be Clarke as captain and Symonds as Vice, Clarke has the brains, Symonds has the brawns!

he should be the vice captain if they consider him a future captain. whats the point in keeping gilly as vice captain if he isnt going to get the job.

My thoughts exactly Deer, Gilly can still do a vital job by giving Pup the advice he'd usually give Punter.

There are a lot of contenders for the captains job, it seems. Symonds, Hussey, Gilchrist and Clarke. Its more than likely it will go to Clarke so it seems logical to make him the vice-captain.

i reackon things should stay as they are, for the moment at least. pup can be a sort of vice-vice captain, before gilly steps down from one of the forms of the game, than clarke can take over the vice captaincy

Back