Martial Art

shaazthegreat

Martial Art

What do you guys think about learning a martial art for a month along with cricket? I have lots of free time, and know a bit of karate. But I'd like to go for kung-fu lessons. It wouldn't affect me in anyway, will it?

Re: Martial Art

i think its good, i go to taekwondoe and my flexibility is improving. and flexibilty and core strength is good for cricket. Also u will be more disciplined

i been going to karate for 7-8 years now and its very good for you keeps you fit and it sometimes some stances corresponds with fastbowling and batting so its good. But make sure you dont quit early. I dont know alot about kung fu but they do alot of jumping and swaying in the air good luck and cheers :)

You'll need to do it long term to really feel the benefits, but yes, it can and will help with other sports.

Martial arts tend to help with things like co-ordination, flexibility, mobility as well as strength. There is also the mental side of it as well as learning discipline.

i never thought of that before even though i do it lol, yeh the stances do look similar to cricket batting stances for example the front stance in karate / taekwondoe is similar to the front foot stance in batting.

I'm a black belt in Karate. All though I haven't gone in nearly 3 years now. But it does help with your footwork & discipline.

shaazthegreat;27933 said:
What do you guys think about learning a martial art for a month along with cricket? ...I'd like to go for kung-fu lessons. It wouldn't affect me in anyway, will it?

Yes... hugely and in many ways... all good :D

i have been doing martial arts for 11 years....

into my 4th season of cricket now... hasnt effected me a bit.... there is nothing i cant do to a lesser extent compared to other young blokes on my team...

Back