Mash Shield 2019/2020

Yeh but in middle of year? they will never be able to go back to premier cricket again.
Under the rules he can be granted a permit to play with his old club. The rule does not say he can play wherever the DVCA decides. DVCA allow marquee players to play 20/20 games I cannot see a difference. One of the reasons junior associations exist is breeding grounds for cricketers and hopefully some go on to higher levels. Once their time is up at the higher level they should be encouraged to come back. Imagine if you are a club trying to recruit a Premier player at the moment. The first question they would be asking is "Am I allowed to play in your first eleven?"

How do all mash teams vote regards rosebank joining ?

Interested on thoughts why clubs would vote Yes to a Rosebank considered "outside" the Dvca boundaries ahead of a club its equal from inside Dvca boundaries?
Don't get me wrong Rosebank are a quality club but the general consensus for many of years has been anti travel

Last edited:
Interested on thoughts why clubs would vote Yes to a Rosebank considered "outside" the Dvca boundaries ahead of a club its equal from inside Dvca boundaries?
Don't get me wrong Rosebank are a quality club but the general consensus for many of years has been anti travel

why didnt you guys take it when you had the chance?

Youngy mate we don’t want you. Precious Rivergum should’ve made a earlier move instead of following the leader. Now eat your sour grapes and enjoy swimming in your small pond while you still
have it

For mine comes down to the fact that we are bringing in another strong club. Bundoora Park up to Money Shield, you'd think Rosebank up to Money after a year, it's all of a sudden a very strong 2 top tier divisions. Travel isn't the best for those teams that have to travel but if I was a player, I'd much prefer to play a team like that and travel an extra 10 minutes than play my neighbour who are a complete rabble.

For mine comes down to the fact that we are bringing in another strong club. Bundoora Park up to Money Shield, you'd think Rosebank up to Money after a year, it's all of a sudden a very strong 2 top tier divisions. Travel isn't the best for those teams that have to travel but if I was a player, I'd much prefer to play a team like that and travel an extra 10 minutes than play my neighbour who are a complete rabble.
The DVCA constitution was changed last year to relax the "boundaries" and allow clubs that would not have been considered before entry into the DVCA. Now looks like we are full so that change really means zip unless a club folds.

Not sure what chance you're referring too or just in general?
Our club had never previously spoken about or been spoken too about a move , never thought it was a viable option for us at the time.

The doors been open for rivergum to join mash for the last 4 years but you guys didnt take it. BP did. Now that rosebank joined you are like the child who has a toy that it never plays with gets taken then cries.

The doors been open for rivergum to join mash for the last 4 years but you guys didnt take it. BP did. Now that rosebank joined you are like the child who has a toy that it never plays with gets taken then cries.
I'm not sure where you get that we are crying from to be honest or are buying into the rubbish rumours created by others for many years also?

I'm not sure where you get that we are crying from to be honest or are buying into the rubbish rumours created by others for many years also?

So you dont want to join the dvca? If so ignore my comment and I am wrong. But your comment suggests you did apply and can assume you are not satisfied with the outcome.

So you dont want to join the dvca? If so ignore my comment and I am wrong. But your comment suggests you did apply and can assume you are not satisfied with the outcome.

I don't personally want to no, No we didn't apply to join the dvca. We did however enquire about the possibility and were obviously told no. That's the facts no crying or throwin of toys involved

Back