Match-fixing Saga

futureblackcap

Am getting conflicted messages through the media over Lou Vincent's involvement in the BPL match-fixing saga. As far as I can see; Vincent's only admitted to not revealing that he'd been approached by an illegal bookmaker.

Lokuarachchi and Ashraful are also being investigated.

I really hope Vincent didn't do any actual match-fixing. I've always had a soft spot for him as a player. Plus, it'd give bad light to New Zealand cricket which has always held a pretty good reputation for upholding the spirit of the game on the international circuit.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11210817

Would be very disappointing if true. Ashraful has fallen some way also, he was going to be the next "it" player for Bangladesh but he never delivered.

Would be very disappointing if true. Ashraful has fallen some way also, he was going to be the next "it" player for Bangladesh but he never delivered.

It's actually quite amazing how much international cricket, Ashraful has played. He has more lives than a cat. 177 ODI matches with an average of 22, for a batsmen...

It's actually quite amazing how much international cricket, Ashraful has played. He has more lives than a cat. 177 ODI matches with an average of 22, for a batsmen...

I'm surprised he played that many matches although he did have a knack for hanging around somehow. He certainly had his fair share of opportunities.

Here is a list of player names I could remember now involved in Match fixing

Hansie Cronje

Azharuddin

Sreesanth, Ankeet Chavan and Ajit Chandila

Salman Butt, Asif, and Mohammad Amir

Saleem Malik

Ajay Jadeja

Herschelle Gibbs

Mark Waugh and Shane Warne

Here is a list of player names I could remember now involved in Match fixing

Hansie Cronje

Azharuddin

Sreesanth, Ankeet Chavan and Ajit Chandila

Salman Butt, Asif, and Mohammad Amir

Saleem Malik

Ajay Jadeja

Herschelle Gibbs

Mark Waugh and Shane Warne

Mohammad Ashraful & Lou Vincent.

Match-fixing is a desease which has seen many great players in its toll, involving money, lifestyle and sometimes even threat to life

Cairns has now come out swinging...calling McCullum a lier. McCullum never named him as Mr X so why is he taking his frustration out on McCullum? Unfortunately, I don't think Lou is the only one who's getting desperate.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket/10061325/Cairns-If-I-m-Player-X-McCullum-is-lying
Cairn's has said that people are starting to talk among themselves and presume that he is Mr X, that's why he has released this plus he is the one that has been in NZ news recently.

While it is worrying that the ICL stuff comes up now and the IPL is under the spotlight, what is worse is that other players seemed to know and did nothing.

So apparently McCullum did name Cairns as Mr X and Cairns has not denied this...just that he didn't match-fix nor did he try get anyone else to match-fix either...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket/10070214/McCullum-prepares-to-go-public-after-testimony

Now, Lou Vincent's ex wife is calling Cairns a ring leader in the ICL and County Cricket for match-fixing.. How would she know so much about it? Lou Vincent surely didn't tell her everything about his match-fixing involvement?

While I do now "mostly" believe that Cairns match-fixed...something he said still concerns me greatly.

"I conclude by saying that I believe there are dark forces at play. These forces have long arms, deep pockets and great influence. I acknowledge that recently I have upset some powerful people in the world of cricket, including raising my own concerns about the health of the game. I believe I am paying the price for that now." - Chris Cairns

This makes me think that the BCCI could have possibly have used their overreaching power on the ICC to frame Cairns... That would mean that McCullum is liar and a distorter of justice... God I hope not!

If that's not true then Cairns has just tried to make it into a conspiracy in order to take the focus off him..

Last edited:
Back