Matthew Wade

blu blood

Matthew Wade

Just want to talk about Matthew Wade. You may or may not of heard of him but personally i think he will be a star. Hes a 19 year old left handed wicketkeeper batsman who bet ricky pontings record for most runs in the under-19s carnival. The previous holder was Boony. He played for tasmania but now is playing for Victoria. In his debut for the vics he took 6 catches and hit 83. He'll be a star

Re: Matthew Wade

very good player Matty is.

He's got that arrogant streak to him too. A little bit too arrogant, but you generally have to be to be a star. there are a few exceptions: not saying he's not a nice guy though.

They've got to get him on an Aussie A squad somewhere.

I actually joined this site mainly becuase I know Matthew Wade is playing today against the Tassie Tigers. Aussieman, I personally knew Matthew Wade from high school and college. Yes he's extremely arrogant and if I was allowed to swear on this site (I've only just joined so I don't know), I would use these words to define this guy as a person. As a cricket lover, I guess I'll follow his progress, but as a person, I knew him once and once was more than enough for me. Plus, as a Tasmanian, I know he's playing against them today in the Pura Cup. But you know what, as I don't care for the guy and feel nothing towards him (I had hatred towards him once but I don't know now), I don't give a stuff which state he plays for. Having said all this, now that he's playing for the Vics, I pray he does not ever get the chance to represent Australia. Wishing him all the worst if anything, from Tassietigersrule.

Tassietigersrule;189419 said:
I actually joined this site mainly becuase I know Matthew Wade is playing today against the Tassie Tigers. Aussieman, I personally knew Matthew Wade from high school and college. Yes he's extremely arrogant and if I was allowed to swear on this site (I've only just joined so I don't know), I would use these words to define this guy as a person. As a cricket lover, I guess I'll follow his progress, but as a person, I knew him once and once was more than enough for me. Plus, as a Tasmanian, I know he's playing against them today in the Pura Cup. But you know what, as I don't care for the guy and feel nothing towards him (I had hatred towards him once but I don't know now), I don't give a stuff which state he plays for. Having said all this, now that he's playing for the Vics, I pray he does not ever get the chance to represent Australia. Wishing him all the worst if anything, from Tassietigersrule.

i umpired him, and while i obviously don't expect him to be completely matey to us, he generally just grunted when we spoke to him, didn't care for what we had to say, simple as that. so i can see where you are coming from.

Some interesting responses here. Okay so you know by now if you've read my column that "Wadey" wouldn't be the 1st person I'd send a Christmas card to. And no I won't tell you exactly what I think of him.|@ On the cricketer, no comment on how much he scored against Tassie in the Pura cup (god damn). On the nice subject, yes it's true alot of the Aussie players are not the nicest guys ON the field. But take a look at Brett Lee for example, how many times do you see him try to take off a person's head when he bowls, as well as the verbal banter he dishes out. But off the field, he's an absolutely lovely guy. Michael Hussey, Andrew Symonds and Michael Clarke also seem like nice guys. Oh and Adam Gilchrist is a nice guy on the field, walks when he's out and doesn't appeal unless he thinks someone's out. As I said, I know Matthew Wade, I've had beers around him and his mates (and when I say that, he was a mate's mate), no, to put it in a nice way nice is 1 of the last words I'd use. Hey, I'm a nice guy, but I'm just a cricket fan (that's a half joke there). :eek:

see that's the thing isn't it

on the field - fine. you can be as grumpy as you like as such. but off the field - 95% of cricketers are great guys. Matty Wade isn't one of them.

aussieman;195187 said:
see that's the thing isn't it

on the field - fine. you can be as grumpy as you like as such. but off the field - 95% of cricketers are great guys. Matty Wade isn't one of them.

Spot on aussieman, thanks for backing me up here!!;)

He is a nice enough guy i rekon. He plays at my club and i have heard good things about him. Anyways, are we on here to talk about whether he is a nice guy or are we on here to talk about the 19 year olds talent.

Okay, well I'll talk about Wade's talents and the fact that his team the Bushrangers are playing my beloved Tigers tomorrow down here at Bellerive. Must win game for us. It's a battle of 2 young guns, Wade versus Tim Paine (you see I do respect Wade's talent as a cricketer but not the person, though I suppose I don't hate him, hate is a strong word.) The selectors were right in disposing of Sean Clingeleffer though, done ******** all with the bat like most of the team. It will be interesting to see how Paine goes, he's a really promising prospect and it will be a new role for him, being the keeper and no.7 batsman. You'd think that of all the people who knows Wade's weaknesses, it would be the Tasmanian bowling attack, but the way they've been performing this year Wadey will score another 95 or even a century and Tassie will be whipped. Hopefully I'm proven wrong.

i'll tell you a bit of a story about Matthew Wade:

Last year during the Under 19's carnival the scorer for the Tasmanian team was a gorgeous girl, 18 years old, legs up to her chest, etc. etc. Hard to fault her in that regard. Model material. (i actually get on very well with her - i'm not exactly in her league though). Anyway - one of the Tasmanian guys somehow managed to get her (no need to explain what that means). Anyway, it seemed to become a bit of a game to see who else could get her in the Tasmanian team. Eventually Matty Wade - seemed to be striking out - didn't seem to get anywhere near her, eventually called a ban on the whole team talking to her, they weren't allowed to talk to her or even go near her unless they had to.

So for the remainder of the tournament the whole team was unable to talk to her. And it would have been hard not to talk to her too - she's absolutely gorgeous.

So Matty Wade struck out :p

i just had to share that all with you :D

aussieman;196338 said:

Last year during the Under 19's carnival the scorer for the Tasmanian team was a gorgeous girl, 18 years old, legs up to her chest, etc. etc. Hard to fault her in that regard. Model material. (i actually get on very well with her - i'm not exactly in her league though). Anyway - one of the Tasmanian guys somehow managed to get her (no need to explain what that means). Anyway, it seemed to become a bit of a game to see who else could get her in the Tasmanian team. Eventually Matty Wade - seemed to be striking out - didn't seem to get anywhere near her, eventually called a ban on the whole team talking to her, they weren't allowed to talk to her or even go near her unless they had to.

So for the remainder of the tournament the whole team was unable to talk to her. And it would have been hard not to talk to her too - she's absolutely gorgeous.

Haha, what a sook Matty Wade is.

You should have had a crack, perhaps give her out caught behind. ;) @|

i've thought about asking her out a few times, but i've never done it.

i think i'd only strike out as much as him if i did try

i've always gotten on well with her though, although i haven't spoken to her for a while

aussieman;196415 said:
i've thought about asking her out a few times, but i've never done it.

i think i'd only strike out as much as him if i did try

i've always gotten on well with her though, although i haven't spoken to her for a while

Have a crack. You're both non-players so there's one thing you have in common already. @|

You never know, you might even end up giving her the finger. :D

aussieman;196338 said:

What a funny story. But there you go, the arrogance the guy has is more than annoying, it's ********in repulsive. It sounds like he really likes her too, but maybe, just maybe, she didn't like him and saw him for who he is and maybe the bigheaded Wade can't ********in figure that out. Yeah, you should definitely ask her out seeing yous 2 get along very well. You say she's out of your league, hey you sound quite modest and she might like that, rather than someone who's high and mighty like Matthew Wade.

Back