McGrath Foundation day

McGrath Foundation day

Hi i am interested in what clubs have planned for the 16th Jan 2010, for the McGrath Foundation (pink ball day). We have organised a Ladies day\karaoke night for the girls should be lots of fun.

Re: McGrath Foundation day

borntigerfan;381820 said:
Hi i am interested in what clubs have planned for the 16th Jan 2010, for the McGrath Foundation (pink ball day). We have organised a Ladies day\karaoke night for the girls should be lots of fun.

Williamstown CYMS are doing a ladies lunch with guest speaker, and 1 or 2 auction items. Hoping for 50 or so

Should be good for Cyms well done, would still love to hear about other clubs as it is an important day and we should be promoting it.

Hi all. Yeah I think its a great thing to do to support this, but what I want to know is where the VTCA get off in charging Clubs $80 for the pink balls? Surely there is enough in the VTCA coffers to cover this or even Platypus could pull out their moth ridden wallets and sponsor the rd. As I said, I think that Clubs will get right behind it for such a great cause, but it's a bit rich of the VTCA to ask you to buy special balls for the round.

its a tough one lifemember... we wouldve paid for balls to use that round anyway and the ones we have wont go out of date obviously so not really an extra costs....

having said that, without wanting to sound cold hearted, as a club we have enough trouble raising funds to be able to stay afloat, so raising funds for other causes is a bit of a pain.. as such, no function being planned by us (have 2 in next 4 weeks as it is and can only drag so much cash out of the same pockets) - full respect to the cause, and to those who are supporting it, but not a big fan of an additional imposed function personally...

We decided to go with the Karaoke/Ladies day instead of our normal ones. If people wish to donate then please come along after your games to our function and have a great night for more info pm me.

Thats not the point Dizzy , it was the whole comp. not just one smartarse club who decided to not use them. They were crap colour wise but they did stay harder around the seam than the normal crap balls we use.

No idea, I think Cragieburn were under impression they were for the firsts only..... seems nothing lost though if they're as bad as others are saying..

southern sledge;384853 said:
Thats not the point Dizzy , it was the whole comp. not just one smartarse club who decided to not use them. They were crap colour wise but they did stay harder around the seam than the normal crap balls we use.

I would agree with how hard they stayed. So if these balls are manufactured by the same company (Platypus) why is it that the red pills cannot stay as hard as the pink ones?? Scuffed up very easy though and were difficult to follow in the field later on. While it was done for a great cause, I would not like to see these balls used again next year. Surely we can do something else, maybe get the umpires (if you are lucky enough to get one) to wear pink shirts??

agreed. i would wear a pink shirt, arm band, ribbon, you name it, but i didn't enjoy fielding on the weekend, especially once it became overcast and the ball got old, it was really hard to pick up.

i wouldnt like to see pink shirts, could you imagine the red ball coming out of them.

why not get clubs to sell pink bat grips?

I like the idea of pink arm bands.

why not promote 20/20 cricket and on the first sunday after christmas have a rivalry round where two teams that are close in distance play each year. the clubs can do a joint fund raising effort with all players not playing being able to attend.

Ive seen this work well by a club i played at, they have built the game up over 5 years and raise in the 000's eatch year for the two nominated charities.

the event then becomes an annual thing and will build over the years.

DizzyGillepsie;384933 said:
agreed. i would wear a pink shirt, arm band, ribbon, you name it, but i didn't enjoy fielding on the weekend, especially once it became overcast and the ball got old, it was really hard to pick up.
We found with the pink balls went a darkish off white after five overs and very hard to pick up in the outfield ...never again...arm bands might be the way to go!

DizzyGillepsie;384933 said:

Add to that your pink g-banger Dizz.... you know you love it all:D

Back