Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mas cambios

Member Feedback Poll

Message from BigCricket

All,

We are asking all forum members to give us some feedback about the state of our forums.

We would be grateful if you would take a few moments to vote in the poll, but more importantly post your thoughts about how things are going in this forum.

Anything is fair game - the moderators, the quality of the discussion, the amount of traffic, the forum structure, etc.

Voting is useful, but we are most interested in ways you think BigCricket and specifically this forum can be improved -- what we are doing right or wrong, and your thoughts generally about your use of this forum.

Thanks

Re: Member Feedback Poll

The forum is going well as far as i can see.

would be good if you knew which teams alot off people are from.

Can be annoying when people take pot shots and you don't know who there are or what club they are from but i guess that is hard to change.

Sometimes the yellow cards are given out a bit quick for one word but i can understand it's not an easy job.

One more idea is maybe making up some lower grade forum's because you would think most people not all do not play in the one's.

7/564;375963 said:
The forum is going well as far as i can see.

would be good if you knew which teams alot off people are from.

Can be annoying when people take pot shots and you don't know who there are or what club they are from but i guess that is hard to change.

Sometimes the yellow cards are given out a bit quick for one word but i can understand it's not an easy job.

One more idea is maybe making up some lower grade forum's because you would think most people not all do not play in the one's.

I tend to agree about the yellow card comment. I know there has been a bit of un-warranted stuff put on here from last year I think it was?? But really, there have been a few times the "Moderators" have jumped the gun too quick. I understand you need to be mindful of what can and ca't be said on here, but when it is a bit of light hearted banter I dont see what is wrong with it? Gee, I am sure we all hear a hell of alot worse on the field? And I think this is the reason why a quite a few have left the forum from previous years? And the fact that Doutta are struggling on-field...... and Hoppers...
Take a look at the stuff that gets put on to "Bigfooty" and we are absolute choir boys.... So IMO you just need to ease up a fraction;) We dont like seeing one the great contributors on here pull his wit back (The great Dizz) because he is scared of being given the yellow.... As for not knowing who is who and where they are from..... each to their own I say. I am proud of my club and team mates so I choose to say who I am and where I play......
Overall, a pretty good site though...

They are fair comments. There were a few new posters who came on with all guns blazing and they were pulled in to line. I have tried to be a bit more lenient lately but no one has been out of line, Dizz is well known for his amusing posts and would never be a worry so i don't think he has anything to worry about.
The main worry is the personal stuff and that won't be tolerated, so keep posting as well as opening the batting and bowling.

southern sledge;375997 said:
They are fair comments. There were a few new posters who came on with all guns blazing and they were pulled in to line. I have tried to be a bit more lenient lately but no one has been out of line, Dizz is well known for his amusing posts and would never be a worry so i don't think he has anything to worry about.
The main worry is the personal stuff and that won't be tolerated, so keep posting as well as opening the batting and bowling.

And wicket keeping this week....:eek:

Too Old Body Broke;375991 said:
I tend to agree about the yellow card comment. I know there has been a bit of un-warranted stuff put on here from last year I think it was?? But really, there have been a few times the "Moderators" have jumped the gun too quick. I understand you need to be mindful of what can and ca't be said on here, but when it is a bit of light hearted banter I dont see what is wrong with it?

You have to remember that what may be seen as banter to one person can be seen as abuse to another. The forums are public and as such can be viewed by anyone. Unlike things said on the field of play, what ever is written stays here, to be picked up and interpreted by whoever, in any way they wish.

We are not privy to every in joke, every friendship or to every rivalry. All we, as mods, can do is take what we see on the screen at face value and act accordingly.

Common sense is applied as much as possible but it is a very grey area. We have tried to get mods who play or know the competition. The reason behind this is that hopefully they understand some of the characters involved and will moderate accordingly - regardless of this I'm sure you can appreciate that it is a difficult job.

I will agree that at times we have been harsh but this time last year the forums were verging on anarchy at times. A hard line was needed in order to retain some element of control and attempt to move things forward. The mods were also fairly green and growing into the position. Things have improved and as such the moderation has reduced accordingly.

No one should be concerned with posting on here. As long as they are within acceptable guidelines then all is fine. Even if they stray towards the wrong side of the line then we often pm them and give a friendly heads up and try to explain why.

The real problems arise when we get post after post of 'so and so are shit' or 'xyz is a peaheart' for example. It's not interesting to read, reflects poorly on the member posting it and ultimately on the competition itself. There are also incidences when the banter becomes borderline bullying or in some cases defamatory.

We want to work with members to make the site a place that feel happy and confident in using. The more feedback we get then the closer we'll get to being that site.

Going to close this now as I think we've seen all the replies we're going to get. If you have anything to add then please pm me.

Thanks for all the feedback, it has been really helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back