Mike Hussey, Wasted or Matured?

Timed Out

Mike Hussey, Wasted or Matured?

What do people think about mike hussey? He has proved himself to be one of the best batsman in the world since debuting for Australia but do you think that he was introduced to Test Cricket too late?

He has shown his class, timing, patience and shown himself to be a real nuisence to all kinds of bowlers in the world and i really feel that if he hadnt been brought to international cricket late he could have easily gone down as one of the best batsmen of the modern era.

So was a percentage of his career wasted or has he simply been matured to suit international cricket?

Re: Mike Hussey, Wasted or Matured?

A tough one, would he have scored as heavily if he had been brought into the team 5 years ago? I think he would have done ok but those extra years of county and state cricket have helped to round his skills so hes a better player.

Lets see where he is after 50 tests as a lot can happen over 3 or 4 years.

Currently; he is in terrific form :)
Well he was brought late into the team but he has proved his potential and his batting avg next to Sir Don is clear indication of his batting class.
But 2-3 years in international cricket will ultimately be the right thing for him.
I hope that he performs badly :D in the upcoming test series against India.

i think wasted. he should have been given a go long ago but i think we will find a better answer after hes played about 50 tests

Would he have perfomed this well if he hadn't have scored all those runs in first class cricket?Reason why he is so good now is because he learnt his game indside out and knows how to churn out the runs game agter game.

Australia has so many good players in the team that is difficult to remove. So many good players dont get chances early. I think it is very unfortunate for them as they would get place in any other teams. I think they should keep rotating players and give all talented players equal chances so players like Hussey get early chances to make a big career.

Back