Missing teen hooked on Xbox found dead

Hitterman

Missing teen hooked on Xbox found dead

Just read this news from cnet.com and i am really Shocked :eek: It seems that addiction towards games is really increasing in the world.

We have a sad ending to the story of Brandon Crisp, the Ontario, Canada, boy who ran away from home after his dad took away his Xbox console.

(Credit: Barrie Police)The body of the 15-year-old, who had been missing since October 13, was found on Wednesday by deer hunters in a heavily wooded area about a mile or so away from where his bicycle was found two weeks earlier, according to police and press accounts.

An autopsy is scheduled for Friday, but based on preliminary evidence, police do not suspect foul play, according to news reports.

Crisp, according to his father and others, was hooked on the online game Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, which led to concern that he may have run off to join fellow gamers. His story has captivated online communities around the globe--gamers and parents alike--who have been offering assistance, debating the addictive nature of online games, and are now leaving online condolences. A Facebook search on his name currently turns up 87 groups ranging in name from "Help Find Brandon Crisp!!!!" to "R.I.P. Brandon Crisp."

Xbox maker Microsoft also got involved in the case by agreeing to help investigators and doubling the amount being offered for information leading to Crisp's return to 50,000 Canadian dollars.

Crisp ran away on the day of Canadian Thanksgiving after having an argument with his parents, according to the police in his small town of Barrie, Ontario. His father, Steve Crisp, told local media that he had taken away his son's Xbox after noticing changes in behavior, such as skipping school, stealing money, and ignoring his studies.
Source

Re: Missing teen hooked on Xbox found dead

This really is a sad day for the gaming and the technology industry. What a terrible loss of life for such reasons.

This gives out a message to all youngsters. Please, games are meant for fun, but please don't take it to that extra mile.

Games like Call of Duty & World of Warcraft are really addictive. I have seen most of the cases related to these games.

Gamers should not exceed the limits which will result like this.

There's more to this than simply an addiction to a video game. The news has just jumped on something that it can make a story out of.

Its a strange one, I was looking on the COD website ( Call of Duty ) at their new game out this week and i read their forums and this story was on there!

Sad the way it ended. Does anyone know what the circumstances where? suicide etc?

Back