MMVCA and NWCA Merger

bomber27

MMVCA and NWCA Merger

Like to hear some more thoughts from clubs on the proposed merger. Its starting to sound from what I hear that it will be a very close vote.

Re: MMVCA and NWCA Merger

bomber27;333029 said:
Like to hear some more thoughts from clubs on the proposed merger. Its starting to sound from what I hear that it will be a very close vote.

DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is nothing wrong with our comp.

I have been pro merger for the last couple of years, but having read thru it and having spoken to some NWCA people, there is nothing that we will gain merging with the NWCA.

Nothing to gain= Everything to lose.

putabellintheball;333081 said:
What are the perceived benefits by going ahead with the merger? :confused:

Yes thats what i would like to know.

this merger talk was knocked on the head years ago....but for some reason it just keeps coming back. Why does the exec allow that to happen???

I dont understand why clubs keep thinking this is good for us. There are NO benefits for the MMVCA clubs other than joining the juniors all in one comp and reducing the meetings/admin etc.

Other than that, there are only draw backs to the merge. No benefits for our turf grades, only more travel and costs for our matting grades.

I was talking to someone from a VTCA club about this and they too couldnt understand and suggested it would only make the turf clubs look else where like VTCA if the merger went ahead.

Our strong clubs (majority turf clubs) should put a nail in this once and for all and if it aint broke......dont fix it!!!:mad:

bomber27;333029 said:

you and Harro should use your exec strength to get clubs off the scent of a merge!

The only clubs that are disadvantged are the matting only clubs. Turf stays the same until nwca clubs get turf wickets (with water restictions getting worse it will be pretty hard to get a turf wicket approved from local council).As i see it our matting comp is secondary to the turf comp ( which is the way it should be) and clubs that play matting are not as fit,older players,players that have played higher and dont want to play the serious cricket to a extent,Money in the matting comp compared to the nwca is ridiculos,this includes the turf comp as well,with all that combined the top clubs would have to travel further than they go on cricket trips Yes clubs with Juniors are, and still will get a raw deal from nwca, lets as a league subsidise these clubs at the start of the year .The MMVCA has money in the bank and are always looking to put it back into cricket ie suppling synthetic wickets to all grounds about 5-6 years ago,Donations to tsunami appeall etc. Yes this comp needs some more exec members to help. Maybe this is a wake up call to recruit more exec members for next year if the merger does not go ahead. Yes i'm a president of a club that started with 1 team 9 years ago and now has 4 teams to this day,we have grown just as much as the MMVCA in that time and to let it all go down the drain would be a great loss with the comp only 11 years old. The league after 10 years has started its own history lets keep it that way. Flemington Colts votes NO

bomber27;333029 said:
We at St Andrews believe that the NWCA are nothing more than money hungry dictators. They fine you for any thing they can. And do not give back to the clubs. For the merge we will be voting NO NO NO. as we believe that a merge will not benefit our comp as it is. The only thing good about the NWCA is we can have Juniors, but us and St Marys are the only MMVCA clubs that have to put a Senior side in that comp so they will let us have juniors, so if the MMVCA could something about this would be great. Also we have heard that Brett Pallini and Matt Saletto would be on the merge committee, so will that be a good thing or bad thing.

Let Kingy decide...He has played with Clive Lloyd, Ian Botham and Zaheer Abbas...And he has faced Shane George with a new cherry...

I don't think this will go ahead from what I have heard. Most clubs are against it, as they cannot see any benefit in the merge for the MMVCA clubs. I actually think the vote won't even be close once it comes down to it.

Komodo Dragon;334779 said:
Let Kingy decide...He has played with Clive Lloyd, Ian Botham and Zaheer Abbas...And he has faced Shane George with a new cherry...

Some of your best work

DILLIGAF;334881 said:
I don't think this will go ahead from what I have heard. Most clubs are against it, as they cannot see any benefit in the merge for the MMVCA clubs. I actually think the vote won't even be close once it comes down to it.

What's the latest vibes on this ?
According to the press release the NWCA voted in favour of getting their hands on the turf comp.
According to insiders it's all about power and egos in the Nwca exec. Remember they had turf before and mucked it up.
If you think this is a merger you believe in the tooth fairy.
If the merger does take place , will some Clubs opt for greener pastures, prefering to move to a turf based competition in preference to being run by Colonel Klink and his band of vampires.

Sniffin Around;340045 said:
According to the press release the NWCA voted in favour of getting their hands on the turf comp.
According to insiders it's all about power and egos in the Nwca exec. Remember they had turf before and mucked it up.
If the merger does take place , will some Clubs opt for greener pastures, prefering to move to a turf based competition in preference to being run by Colonel Klink and his band of vampires.

Boys, do you think that clubs will look for greener pastures if the vote was to go ahead? Having had little to do with the NWCA, the few occassions I have has left me shaking my head. I honestly think it may be a way to get rid of the turf comp altogether if a few clubs leave. If that was the case it would be a shame.

Sniffin Around;340045 said:

It won't go thru if clubs keep voting the way they have been. It only needs 6 clubs to vote against the merger for it to fall down. I know of 7 clubs who are against it and another 2 who are looking to change thier vote at the next meeting.

bomber27;340346 said:
It won't go thru if clubs keep voting the way they have been. It only needs 6 clubs to vote against the merger for it to fall down. I know of 7 clubs who are against it and another 2 who are looking to change thier vote at the next meeting.

Socials would be against the merger.
A few years ago, NWCA didn't allow out Vets play in the finals, because we did not pay a fine in time, we were 8 hours late, the due date was a Sunday we paid on a Monday, this was after speaking to Terry Scott from NWCA and him saying if we paid on the Monday we would be ok to play. We also paid money to NWCA to have an appeal heard, their appeal process was to ring around fellow board members for their judgement - good appeal process.
If clubs vote to merger, clubs better have plenty of money to pay the fines.

Old School;340375 said:
A few years ago, NWCA didn't allow out Vets play in the finals, because we did not pay a fine in time, we were 8 hours late, the due date was a Sunday we paid on a Monday, this was after speaking to Terry Scott from NWCA and him saying if we paid on the Monday we would be ok to play. We also paid money to NWCA to have an appeal heard, their appeal process was to ring around fellow board members for their judgement - good appeal process.

Thats another vote against the merger that I didn't have listed to go that way.

Old School;340375 said:

Exactly right Bill.

The NWCA is so ego and money driven it is a joke. Good example would be Fitzy and Pittsy going to their comp for quite good money apparently. And im not having a go at Fitzy or Pittsy The fines that you have to pay are ridiculous.

And do we really want to merge with a competition that will not allow us to enter junior teams without entering a senior team. Isnt it all about grassroots cricket and the kids, you would think so wouldnt you. But they are so money hungry down there, that if you are a trying to start juniors, then you better be prepared to put a senior side in their comp. Just ask St Marys and St Andrews, who are just two sides that i can think off.

The NWCA exec are not interested in developing juniors, they are just interested in getting as much money into their pockets as is possible. Not bad for a not-for-profit organization.

The only upside i can see, is they will probably leave the Turf comp alone, for the time being. The non-turf clubs in our comp will not get a look in in a couple of years. It will all about NWCA clubs.

And what about the name? The NWMCA! No mention of the MMVCA ANYWHERE.

If the merge was to go ahead, i think we will lose some clubs, both Turf and Hard wicket, to other comps. I think we will definately lose alot of players, me included.

This is only my opinion, so please dont take it as anything more.

Old School;340375 said:

I dont see what all the fuss is about fellas personally I couldnt give a rats if the merger gets up or not although it would make our combined comps the strongest going around.

Our exec has backed off alot on the fines a few years ago they were ruthless but they have realised that yu have to look after your clubs not try and screw them out of money, this is further emphasied by our comp preso

Melrose receptions 3 course meal hosted by kerry Okeefe free piss for 30 bucks.

As far as us wanting to get rid of turf fom my understanding the opposite is true we actually have turf clubs from other clubs looking to come across and even if the merger falls over we would be looking at starting our own comp although it would be a c grade equivalant to your ones initially.

Like I said earlier i dont care if you guys merge or not but half the crap you guys say about us on here is either not true or outdated.

Happy voting

Gladyboy;340706 said:
I dont see what all the fuss is about fellas personally I couldnt give a rats if the merger gets up or not although it would make our combined comps the strongest going around.

Our exec has backed off alot on the fines a few years ago they were ruthless but they have realised that yu have to look after your clubs not try and screw them out of money, this is further emphasied by our comp preso

Melrose receptions 3 course meal hosted by kerry Okeefe free piss for 30 bucks.

As far as us wanting to get rid of turf fom my understanding the opposite is true we actually have turf clubs from other clubs looking to come across and even if the merger falls over we would be looking at starting our own comp although it would be a c grade equivalant to your ones initially.

Like I said earlier i dont care if you guys merge or not but half the crap you guys say about us on here is either not true or outdated.

Happy voting

Why dont you just keep buying players from our comp buddy.

mmvca;340897 said:
Why dont you just keep buying players from our comp buddy.

From what I've been told money can't buy happiness. Glady Park have blown there chances with players on the move back to Turf.
Also know of a NWCA club who are just itching to go to turf, whether thats waiting for a turf ground to be available or merging with one of our clubs.
Interesting times!!!

Back