MMVCA and NWCA Merger

Re: MMVCA and NWCA Merger

12thman;344720 said:
Sorry bomber I know you do have allot of the facts but the reality of this is that unless you know for certain that all the facts are correct and not inuendo you need to ask to find out the real story. I know you are privvy to parts of what is going on but most (not all) on here are totally being misguided by rumours. Our club doesn't take the view that we look at it as losing a turf wicket, or being taken over(there is equal members on the board for both comps) we see the big picture. We see the benefits of all it has to offer, more competitive games,being proactive instead of reactive,moving ahead with the times, great avenue to widen the scope for upcoming juniors and becoming a much larger organisation. To be honest our top turf team would not beat a NWCA top team. Just because we play on turf doesn't mean we are better than anyone else. The beauty of this merger also allows for our turf wickets to be better maintained by the councils as we will have more leveridge as a whole.BTW we will be voting yes along with quite a few others that I know of.:)

Wouldnt even come close on either surface :p

Gladyboy;344801 said:

i do play in the mmvca and have played in the nwca..both comps are pretty evenly matched but anyways..i reckon every third or fifth year or something there should be a super series between the two most powerful or consistant sides in both forms..this can be measured by not how many flags you have won in the time frame but how many games the teams have won..gives sides who may choke at the crunch time of the year to play..format, 2 satday sunday games and whoever has the better percentage wins..make the prize money worth wild too and promote it through out the area to get good good good crowds????

Gladyboy;344801 said:

i do play in the mmvca and have played in the nwca..both comps are pretty evenly matched but anyways..i reckon every third or fifth year or something there should be a super series between the two most powerful or consistant sides in both forms..this can be measured by not how many flags you have won in the time frame but how many games the teams have won..gives sides who may choke at the crunch time of the year to play..format, 2 satday sunday games and whoever has the better percentage wins..make the prize money worth wild too and promote it through out the area to get good good good crowds!!

Your clubs have spoken and fair enough but I am disapointed we could have had the strongest comp going around, I now fear for your comps future with an apparrent lack of people willing to put in the hard yards required to keep a comp running well.

Despite all the rumours on here Terry Scott does a fantastic job of running our comp he is a very fair and well organised admin, our comp will also face the same dilemma once he throws in the towel.

Good luck to all clubs I hope you all prosper and enjoy your year/s

Gladyboy;344960 said:
Your clubs have spoken and fair enough but I am disapointed we could have had the strongest comp going around, I now fear for your comps future with an apparrent lack of people willing to put in the hard yards required to keep a comp running well.
Despite all the rumours on here Terry Scott does a fantastic job of running our comp he is a very fair and well organised admin, our comp will also face the same dilemma once he throws in the towel.

Good luck to all clubs I hope you all prosper and enjoy your year/s

This season we had the biggest and Strongest Exec that we have had for years. I'd like to think our comp is in good hands.
Anyhow, I suppose we can close this thread and get back to setting up for next season.

24 negative 20 positive. Well short when you take into account the voted needed a 75% majority to be carried.

mmvca;344948 said:
Have fun on your pissy little surface, in your pissy money hungry comp!:p

Interesting comment from someone on the board "Harry"....Do you all carry on like this?? Setting a fantastic example....all of your clubs must be so proud!!!

After 8 years of hard work by both comps and the last 2 especially by Terry Scott I find it a very sad day for cricket. So much to gain and nothing to lose by either comp. Pity some clubs didn't turn up or send a proxie. Harry you should know better than to say stupid things like that especially as you are privy to allot.The last thing we need with such a small board is for you to start getting cocky. If people think this is the way we do things wer'e in deep s@#@
Well, what's done is done on with the show. Bomber it was a close call as you predicted.:)

Right said fred;345054 said:
Interesting comment from someone on the board "Harry"....Do you all carry on like this?? Setting a fantastic example....all of your clubs must be so proud!!!

I wont give you up, even though i know exactly who you are. You should come and join your brother and cousins in our comp.

12thman;345076 said:
After 8 years of hard work by both comps and the last 2 especially by Terry Scott I find it a very sad day for cricket. So much to gain and nothing to lose by either comp. Pity some clubs didn't turn up or send a proxie. Harry you should know better than to say stupid things like that especially as you are privy to allot.The last thing we need with such a small board is for you to start getting cocky. If people think this is the way we do things wer'e in deep s@#@
Well, what's done is done on with the show. Bomber it was a close call as you predicted.:)

Im not getting cocky mate. Im just sick of speaking to NWCA people and them talking about how much they will dominate THEIR comp etc etc. And im not privy to as much as you think i am.

Gladyboy;344960 said:
Your clubs have spoken and fair enough but I am disapointed we could have had the strongest comp going around

while I'm sure a merger would have increased the standard, your dreaming if you think it would have made it the strongest comp going around. Heard of the VTCA

bomber27;344961 said:
This season we had the biggest and Strongest Exec that we have had for years. I'd like to think our comp is in good hands.
Anyhow, I suppose we can close this thread and get back to setting up for next season.

Now Bomber you are talking rubbish!!. At our clubs B turf grand final there wasnt even one exec member their to present the trophies. I have raised this with our club and I hope it was passed on to the exec. What a disgrace that we had to get Lou Tennace to present our own medals for the GF! Pull up your socks!

RooBoy;345288 said:
Now Bomber you are talking rubbish!!. At our clubs B turf grand final there wasnt even one exec member their to present the trophies. I have raised this with our club and I hope it was passed on to the exec. What a disgrace that we had to get Lou Tennace to present our own medals for the GF! Pull up your socks!

I think the feedback I have had from a number of clubs about the Exec this year will back up my statement.

In regards to no Exec member being present at the end of the game. I was unaware of this. Did you guys notify the Exec when the game was nearing an end as requested?

There were a few mistakes made this year but that will always happen when you have people doing a job for the first time (including myself).

The AGM will be held in a couple of months and we will be looking to make the Exec even bigger and stronger than it was this season.

bomber27;345298 said:
I think the feedback I have had from a number of clubs about the Exec this year will back up my statement.

In regards to no Exec member being present at the end of the game. I was unaware of this. Did you guys notify the Exec when the game was nearing an end as requested?

There were a few mistakes made this year but that will always happen when you have people doing a job for the first time (including myself).

The AGM will be held in a couple of months and we will be looking to make the Exec even bigger and stronger than it was this season.

I play 3rds and the great man Terry Scott was there to hand out medals on our game................shame they went to the opposition:(

bomber27;345298 said:

No early finish here - went right to the end of play on Sunday so you would assume there would be someone there at the end of play..... :rolleyes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifya Adballs
Hi the Clubs

As most of you may already know the proposal to merge NWCA with MMVCA was defeated by the MMVCA clubs

This is particularly disappointing to the NWCA Board considering the nearly 2 years of work that had gone into the preparation of the Rules & By Laws and Constitution

Hopefully we can find out the reasons for the rejection and perhaps revisit this proposal again in the not too distant future.

To those clubs in MMVCA who were in favour of the merge the Board thanks you for your support and encouragement.

The long term benefits of this merge are so numerous and will be of immense benefit to ALL clubs.

Regards

Terry
Terry Scott
Chief Executive Officer
North West Cricket Association Inc

The vultures on the Board only have to look in the mirror

What have you ever done at board level in any comp? Love to hear that answer. If you have been on a board with the attitude and disrespect you show for Dave, Matt, Brett and Terry I can see why you are no longer on any board.I don't recall having you on any board Iv'e been on or associated with , mmva, jika or vmcu but then again hiding on here is what you do best.

Have a look at what these guys have put into this and all the long hours, 7 days a week especially Terry Scott and not just for the last 2 years either try 7 years+.To show your blatent disrespect for people who try to improve the game of cricket and make it a better place for both Juniors and Seniors shows how little your pee wee brain fully comprehends.

I am seriously considering jumping ship to the NWCA to play with my bro and mates as I can't see our comp surviving. My club is looking at falling apart so wev'e got nothing to lose. Except of course playing against and putting up with tools like you.

[I am seriously considering jumping ship to the NWCA to play with my bro and mates as I can't see our comp surviving. My club is looking at falling apart so wev'e got nothing to lose. Except of course playing against and putting up with tools like you.[/QUOTE]

Bye

Back