MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2010/11

A grade tips for 18th December
Sunshine YCW v St Andrews: Could see St Andrews pushed in this one but should get over the line.
Pascoe Vale v Sunshine Heights: Pascoe Vale are still struggling and will have another early day at the hands of Sunshine Heights.
St Francis v Barkly Street: Barkly Street seem to be the team on the move and may just account for St Francis on Cole 2
West Coburg v Socials: Socials will be too strong for West Coburg who are no where near their best.
St Marys v Glenroy: Top of the table match of the round and will be tight from start to finish but Glenroy have too much overall fire power and will get over the line.
Haig Fawkner v East Coburg: Well what can I say about this one. No wins. Both teams struggling to make over 100 runs. Neither team can bowl their opposition out. My suggestion for this one is toss the coin, call that team the winner, go back to the bar and watch the test match. However that won't happen so East Coburg should open their account and get what could be their only win for the season.
Making the first round after Xmas the face off for the spoon between Haig and Pascoe Vale.

Money will fix most problems with football but clubs dont like spending money on cricket so it could be a long time before paccoe is back as a force i see pallas and larko both playing vets lol

Money will fix most problems with football but clubs dont like spending money on cricket so it could be a long time before paccoe is back as a force i see pallas and larko both playing vets lol

Maybe pacco should send a sos to those two players, because pacco are in Tatters, after what ive had seen last saturday!!! Anyway it looks like another wet day tomorrow for turf games!

Only half of A Grade got away this weekend. Bonus wins for St Andrews, Glenroy and West Coburg. The big losers in the washed out rounds were Haig Fawkner and East Coburg who missed a chance for one of them to get their first win for the season and keep extremely slim finals hopes alive and Sunshine Heights who had 6 points and sitting in 3rd spot penciled in against Pascoe Vale.

Xmas break has finally arrived and it couldn't have come sooner to end the worst weather start in over 30 years. Hopefully cricket will get to be played in the new year.

Merry Xmas to all.

Didnt think St.Francis & Barkly got on. Must have started & gone off again to get 2 points ea. for the draw.
Could be wrong, thought 20 had to be bowled b4 points could be allocated?

As there are NO SCORES posted it would appear that the wrong button has been entered on MyCricket. for St Francis and Barkly Street. So they should loose those 2 points if that is the case.

More to the point all B Grade games completed except 1.
The information I received is McDonald didnt get covered until after 6.30pm on Friday and that was the only b grade game to not get on.
Were there A grade games that could have been played?
Were there some games here that were covered a little late?
A grade games not played I don't have much news on however reports I have from the Mutton Reserve game are not encouraging for the rest of the season.
It would appear that the deck at mutton is lower than the out field making any rain on a friday night a washout even with covers. A grade games to be played at mutton after Xmas are as follows: Haig Fawkner v Barkly Street rain on the Friday night could make this the game that stops Barkly street get 4th spot. Haig Fawkner v St Marys Only good news here for St Marys is if it rains the friday of week 1 and not week 2 otherwise it could leave them in the same position as Barkly Street.
Which ever one of these games gets away will be the lucky side that snaps up 4th spot.

Its looking more like not how a team plays this year but WHO they acually get to play that will determine the final four in A Turf.

Happy New Year everyone.

What going to happen for second half of the season, will turf pitches be prepared by the Moreland Council? or it will continue to be a disaster

Happy New Year everyone.

What going to happen for second half of the season, will turf pitches be prepared by the Moreland Council? or it will continue to be a disaster

u can tell cricket is back this weekend, storms predicted friday thru sunday.
council should be happy, wont have to start to prepare wickets friday & finish what they think is good enough 2 play on sat morn.

u can tell cricket is back this weekend, storms predicted friday thru sunday.
council should be happy, wont have to start to prepare wickets friday & finish what they think is good enough 2 play on sat morn.

Will also give Moreland brains trust even more time to watch the sand grow on Sewell Reserve

:rolleyes: I see that The Hagman's early prediction may come true that Glenroy C.C. will win the flag in all turf grades.:rolleyes:
:cool: Will the other prediction come true that Pascoe Vale C.C. will be double relegated from A and B turf to B and C turf.:cool:
:( This would definately be a huge fall from grace for a club that has a lot of tradition, pride and success in the past.:(
:eek: Will Pascoe Vale C.C. be able to recover from this? I hope they will and be competitive and achieve ultimate success.:eek:

:rolleyes: I see that The Hagman's early prediction may come true that Glenroy C.C. will win the flag in all turf grades.:rolleyes:
:cool: Will the other prediction come true that Pascoe Vale C.C. will be double relegated from A and B turf to B and C turf.:cool:
:( This would definately be a huge fall from grace for a club that has a lot of tradition, pride and success in the past.:(
:eek: Will Pascoe Vale C.C. be able to recover from this? I hope they will and be competitive and achieve ultimate success.:eek:

Big early call with Glenroy Cobra. I'll back it wont happen, what odds u giving?
No double relegation, B to C & 1 dayers gone.
How much success? Last A grade flag in past 20 years was when? only a handfull of flags in lower grades.
Paco will recover, football club wont allow them not to. Dont want another cricket club taking over ground or social club during summer. Dont write off paco just yet, lot of youth, couple of years of pain & back to being competitive & ultimately & hopefully success.

Big early call with Glenroy Cobra. I'll back it wont happen, what odds u giving?
No double relegation, B to C & 1 dayers gone.
How much success? Last A grade flag in past 20 years was when? only a handfull of flags in lower grades.
Paco will recover, football club wont allow them not to. Dont want another cricket club taking over ground or social club during summer. Dont write off paco just yet, lot of youth, couple of years of pain & back to being competitive & ultimately & hopefully success.

I'm not writing them off. I would like to see them succeed. A flag is a flag regardless to which grade it is. The concern I have and seen it happen more than once where the young players after a season or two go off doing other things and the club has to start again. Is the club doing enough to keep these players so it can again be competetive?

as most you know I am from East Coburg and call me an old stallwalt of the club. I havent been on here for some time. I know what its like to have a club that is struggling, since we last one our A turf flag in early 2000's we have been on a slippery slope with many great players coming and then going for all reasons. I am amazed at the number of people that get on here and have a go at Pacco. They are definately going through a rough spot, but why would other people hope they down succeed??? Isnt it better for our clubs to have them strong and competitive rather than struggling? Its hard enough already for cricket clubs to survive wothout other clubs hoping others fail and fall apart. I think its sad that Pacco are struggling, I dont know the reasons why although many on here are saying the fottball department have an influence........personally if Doug Nicholson and Co are still involved then the cricket club will never fall apart, he has done an enormous amount of work to keep it going and is too proud as a Pacco person to see it fail.

Maybe some people on here should show some respect and decency and support your fellow clubs. We at East Cob are slowly on the improve, we have some young guys that are developing well and within 2-3 yrs will be a strong A turf team again. Lets get behind those struggling clubs, cos lets face it everyone goes through it at some time....even the mightly Glenroy were relegated years back and worked their way into A turf again.

Anyway thats my piece for today!! Good luck on the weekend

as most you know I am from East Coburg and call me an old stallwalt of the club. I havent been on here for some time. I know what its like to have a club that is struggling, since we last one our A turf flag in early 2000's we have been on a slippery slope with many great players coming and then going for all reasons. I am amazed at the number of people that get on here and have a go at Pacco. They are definately going through a rough spot, but why would other people hope they down succeed??? Isnt it better for our clubs to have them strong and competitive rather than struggling? Its hard enough already for cricket clubs to survive wothout other clubs hoping others fail and fall apart. I think its sad that Pacco are struggling, I dont know the reasons why although many on here are saying the fottball department have an influence........personally if Doug Nicholson and Co are still involved then the cricket club will never fall apart, he has done an enormous amount of work to keep it going and is too proud as a Pacco person to see it fail.

Maybe some people on here should show some respect and decency and support your fellow clubs. We at East Cob are slowly on the improve, we have some young guys that are developing well and within 2-3 yrs will be a strong A turf team again. Lets get behind those struggling clubs, cos lets face it everyone goes through it at some time....even the mightly Glenroy were relegated years back and worked their way into A turf again.

Anyway thats my piece for today!! Good luck on the weekend

Good to c u sticking up for Pacco on quite a few occasions now Roo.
Dont take any offence mate only having a giggle but are u now having a touch of the quilt's about how many players u guys have poached from Pacco in the past?

No Rain but it was on it's way which I'm sure hgad a few teams a bit nervous watching clouds build up after tea.
Not really any surprises this week

Tips for 15/1/11
Sunshine YCW v St Marys: After a good win against St Andrews St marys will be way too strong for Barkly Street who stuggled at home against West Coburg last week.
Pascoe Vale v St Francis: St Francis will have a very easy day at the office this week with an early finish.
Socials v East Coburg: Socials looking at 3 losses in a row and East Coburg yet to open their account this season will see this one go down to wire with Socials getting the points JUST.
West Coburg v Haig Fawkner: West Coburg surprised Barkly Street last week and Haig Fawkner opened their account for the first time this season both teams coming off winning form which certainly won't last for one them and Haig may just have a little too much in bowling stocks for West Coburg.
Sunshine Heights v Barkly Street: Sunshine Heights will be too strong at home for Barkly Street.
St Andrews v Glenroy: Glenroy will be too strong for St Andrews who will have their 2nd loss in a row.

A couple of interesting games this week and RAIN around again.
Could be lucky to get away this weekend.

There was no excuses for players to be away this week Stigmastars
Same start as last year 2009/10 was 9 Jan and 16 Jan 2 day game.

I'm with you Roo Boy and have experienced troubled times first hand at my own club and hope Paco get back to somewhere near their best. It will take time and hard work. Don't worry about the people wishing Paco more trouble their time will come and when it does then that is Pacos time and the other struggling clubs to shine.

All clubs go through it, its not a matter of if, its a matter of when.

Go through the existing early CDCA/MMVCA and most have all had their bad times and fought their way back.

Here are just a few:

late 1990s - early 2000s Glenroy looked to be in big trouble Not so bad now you would say
West Coburg also struggled for a few years there and fought their way back with young players.
Haig Fawkner who looked all but gone 2 years ago have gone from 3 senior teams to 4 senior and 4 junior teams.
East Coburg have fought back from the brink and had their good years unfortunately have to do it again but I'm sure they will get there again.
St Andrews may have had their time extended by a merger with RSL a while back which most of you would have forgotten or didnt even know about. Right at a time when they were dropping off. Also benefitted by the demise of Coburg Amateurs with the influx of quality players to boulster dwindling stocks just at the right time. Good management or good luck either way it doesnt matter without those opportunities St Andrews would have hit a wall or 2 also.

Dont worry too much about players going from Club to Club you lose one you get one, its a round about and sometimes a change is as good as a holiday for all concerned. Sometimes they return a better player for the experience.

What constitutes a poach?
I'm sure all clubs have a player or 2 come from an opposition club at some point so I dont think anyone can throw stones there.

Good to c u sticking up for Pacco on quite a few occasions now Roo.
Dont take any offence mate only having a giggle but are u now having a touch of the quilt's about how many players u guys have poached from Pacco in the past?

not sure which club you are from 16 cans, but i have seen players come and go from all clubs and back again mind you! i dont have any guilt about our recruiting at Easts, like all clubs we work hard to get the best players we can, if they want to come here then great we'll accept them. Remember we have lost many good and very good players to others clubs and to clubs within the MMVCA. swings and roundabouts i say.

not sure which club you are from 16 cans, but i have seen players come and go from all clubs and back again mind you! i dont have any guilt about our recruiting at Easts, like all clubs we work hard to get the best players we can, if they want to come here then great we'll accept them. Remember we have lost many good and very good players to others clubs and to clubs within the MMVCA. swings and roundabouts i say.

Done in jest Roo, sorry u took it the wrong way, might have to blame 1 of ur past players who gave the suggestion to me.
Agree players at ea club from another, no big deal.

Done in jest Roo, sorry u took it the wrong way, might have to blame 1 of ur past players who gave the suggestion to me.
Agree players at ea club from another, no big deal.

apologies 16 cans but i have heard that said about Easts before and i get a bit touchy about it, especially when so many other clubs recruit players witin the comp and i know how fair we have been too.

Back