MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2010/11

Interesting final rnd coming up boys. With St Andys and West Coburg both losing and St Marys winning, it comes down to west v st andys for the last spot on the 4. Anyone want to make a prediction??

I'll say they are both just making up the numbers MMVCA. Sadly, Glenroy are certainties to take it out again. St Andrews on a massive decline and West Coburg probably still can't believe they are still in the mix themselves...Both are unworthy finalists...St Francis however are a big chance for a silver medal because they have a few quality players, but a few duds also.
St Mary's could surprise but know how to lose games as well.
My tip - Glenroy premiers again...

I'll say they are both just making up the numbers MMVCA. Sadly, Glenroy are certainties to take it out again. St Andrews on a massive decline and West Coburg probably still can't believe they are still in the mix themselves...Both are unworthy finalists...St Francis however are a big chance for a silver medal because they have a few quality players, but a few duds also.
St Mary's could surprise but know how to lose games as well.
My tip - Glenroy premiers again...

Interesting comments Dragon, considering you are now the star player of the MMVCA. Are you saying you won't stand up in the finals so your team can't beat Glenroy?

Can anyone tell me does the requirements stay the same for bowling and batting average this yr or has it been revised due to the season we have had?

Glenroy on form should win BUT if anyone believes they are due for a loss than is this week the loss they need to have before finals? I hear the pipe boys could be in trouble with the men in blue after there little dust up a few weeks ago...

St francis can be a the danger side but they are in for a hard game and it will depend if they can stand up which they didnt when they were meant play against Glenroy 2 weeks ago...

St Mary's are a 2 day side so they could be suprise packet in finals but they are a hit and miss side depends which St Mary's side turn's up on the day..

4th Side West coburg with there bowling could cause some threat but playing glenroy they need a bit of luck to cause an upset..

My prediction if there is no Rain and all games are to be played Glenroy V St Mary's Grand Final..

St francis can be a the danger side but they are in for a hard game and it will depend if they can stand up which they didnt when they were meant play against Glenroy 2 weeks ago...

Bit hard to stand up when Glenroy failed to cover the wicket properly for the second consecutive week I would've thought

I think after looking at results against St Andrews, Glenroy arent as dominant as everyone thinks, St Andrews without Tapner and Shaun Wernham only fell 20 runs short.

Plus I think Doolan could be the downfall in Glenroy's batting line up when it comes to crunch time.

Can anyone tell me does the requirements stay the same for bowling and batting average this yr or has it been revised due to the season we have had?

Glenroy on form should win BUT if anyone believes they are due for a loss than is this week the loss they need to have before finals? I hear the pipe boys could be in trouble with the men in blue after there little dust up a few weeks ago...

St Mary's are a 2 day side so they could be suprise packet in finals but they are a hit and miss side depends which St Mary's side turn's up on the day..

4th Side West coburg with there bowling could cause some threat but playing glenroy they need a bit of luck to cause an upset..

My prediction if there is no Rain and all games are to be played Glenroy V St Mary's Grand Final..

A little premature,you would think with the final four not set yet.
Been a little quiet lately and time to spice the finals up a little.
Reality is St Andrews won two flags in a row.
Reality is Glenroy has two flags.
If we make it,I am looking forward to seeing if Glenroy can actually beat us in a final (cricket pundants will understand)and then I will be quiet happy to acknowledge the result.
Three players back this week and if we make it,we will have no excuses and be at full strength for what could be a big chance of a Glenroy and St Andrews Semi final.
Gone,on a slide,struggling is interesting statements and I know and we Know with two full days of cricket,it will be a battle we and Glenroy are used to.
I hope this livens up what has been a boring Chat line and at least gets a few involved.

F.O.S

If we make it,I am looking forward to seeing if Glenroy can actually beat us in a final (cricket pundants will understand)and then I will be quiet happy to acknowledge the result.
Three players back this week and if we make it,we will have no excuses and be at full strength for what could be a big chance of a Glenroy and St Andrews Semi final.
Gone,on a slide,struggling is interesting statements and I know and we Know with two full days of cricket,it will be a battle we and Glenroy are used to.
I hope this livens up what has been a boring Chat line and at least gets a few involved.

F.O.S

Gee FOS I hope St Andrews make 4th, otherwise your comments will mean jack...

F.O.S

Ahhh the FOS is back! Great to see. St Andrews have been very quite all year. Must be keeping a low profile while they gear up for VTCA next year.

Now FOS the cricket pundants may understand your comment but they will also understand that it has been quite some time since St Andrews has beaten Glenroy. Past is past and that's where it needs to stay. 2011 is all that matters right now and if the boys at Cumberland Road Aged Care Facility are still struggling with 2 years ago then they have problems.

RKO, where's the information come from on the Pipes? That kind of comment might mean your affiliated with the association. Otherwise how would you know? Would hate to think that the result of an investigation has been decided before the investigation occurs. Somewhat unethical and unfair.

Dragon, what is an unworthy finalist? A final four is a final four. If you make it you are worthy because the rest weren't good enough. You may not be at the level of the other sides in the four, not that I believe that, but you are certainly worthy because using simple mathematics you ended up with more points that the sides that didn't finish in the top four.

Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Allows ordinary players to compete with the better players.

Totally agree, removes shots from those that have them.

Would it be better to have a guy trying to bounce a batsman out and the batsman taking on the short ball. We don't have that contest.

Some days you cannot drive as the wicket is stick and two paced and the bowler just have to put it there and wait. Doesn't make for good cricket.

Was reading over old posts and came across this one. The context was that poorly prepared pitches allowed ordinary cricketers to compete against the "superstars" of the comp.

Obviously now we all know how Hack managed to last as long as he did!

Ahhh the FOS is back! Great to see. St Andrews have been very quite all year. Must be keeping a low profile while they gear up for VTCA next year.

Now FOS the cricket pundants may understand your comment but they will also understand that it has been quite some time since St Andrews has beaten Glenroy. Past is past and that's where it needs to stay. 2011 is all that matters right now and if the boys at Cumberland Road Aged Care Facility are still struggling with 2 years ago then they have problems.

RKO, where's the information come from on the Pipes? That kind of comment might mean your affiliated with the association. Otherwise how would you know? Would hate to think that the result of an investigation has been decided before the investigation occurs. Somewhat unethical and unfair.

Dragon, what is an unworthy finalist? A final four is a final four. If you make it you are worthy because the rest weren't good enough. You may not be at the level of the other sides in the four, not that I believe that, but you are certainly worthy because using simple mathematics you ended up with more points that the sides that didn't finish in the top four.

Bobby
A lot of tongue in cheek,but at least there is something to read and get people involved.
Busy at the moment,but look forward to talking soon.

F.O.S

Could this scenario occur?
Barkly knock over Mary's comfortably. Heights give ycw a touch up. Mary's out of finals on %.
Haven't looked in2 what it would take but % gap doesn't look much - or is it too much of a % gap for Heights to make up?
Prediction. Dont think it will happen as Mary's should win.

St.Andrews/Wests
Coin toss but think St.Andy's should get over line, would set up a great weekend for a semi final (weather permitting of course)
with FOS throwing a line out to see what type of fish grabs it. Seems to have worked thus far.

Not that FOS needs defending, he can do that himself, but he did say that if st andrews made it it would set up a great semifinal. (if your from st andrews or glenroy that is, i am sure most others wouldnt care)

I like the line Cumberland Aged Care faciltiy, thats a good one, but shows that you havent been followign it too closely as the st andrews team is the youngest it has been for years.

But i did find that funny, all getting senile down at st andrews and over the hill, too old and whislt thats a fair point time will tell. I am not sure they give out flags at this stage of the year but from all reports all clubs should just forfeit and put Glenroys name on the trophy.

My tip,st marys to win it!!!

smile.png
Reports that Doug Nicholson having a heart attack is incorrect!!! It was a lesser medical condition!!!
smile.png

Doug is ok. He had a reaction to some medicine. He was back at the club today.
Dougie don't do that to us again!
Porco Dio!
Dio Cane!

Not that FOS needs defending, he can do that himself, but he did say that if st andrews made it it would set up a great semifinal. (if your from st andrews or glenroy that is, i am sure most others wouldnt care)

I like the line Cumberland Aged Care faciltiy, thats a good one, but shows that you havent been followign it too closely as the st andrews team is the youngest it has been for years.

But i did find that funny, all getting senile down at st andrews and over the hill, too old and whislt thats a fair point time will tell. I am not sure they give out flags at this stage of the year but from all reports all clubs should just forfeit and put Glenroys name on the trophy.

My tip,st marys to win it!!!

Cricket is a funny game and when you look at the weekend results,it seems there were sides that didnt want to play finals.
Congadulations to our boys as every side has made the finals,with our Under 16's in the the Grand Final next week.
The Cumberland Aged Care facility has groomed our Grandkids well and the benefits are starting to show,even at this early stage of their developement.
What a weekend coming up as we have three sides playing at Cole reserve and the place should be rocking and atmosphere electric.
A grade will be interesting this week with Glenroy playing St Marys,Glenroy the power side for all the season and St Marys up and down lately.
A whole new ball game now we can get into the fair dinkum cricket and it will be interesting to see if St Marys can lift to a level to challenge the leaders of the competition at the moment.
St Andrews and St Francis (battle of the Saints)will be interesting with both sides having sides capable of doing anything on their day.
Cole 2 is very small and each side will have to bowl well to ensure either side doesnt get a flyer and take the game by the horns.
Looking forward to another finals series and I would like to congradulate all sides in making the finals and look forward to your company over the coming weeks.
Good Luck (except against us) and best wishes.
F.O.S

Cricket is a funny game and when you look at the weekend results,it seems there were sides that didnt want to play finals.
Congadulations to our boys as every side has made the finals,with our Under 16's in the the Grand Final next week.
The Cumberland Aged Care facility has groomed our Grandkids well and the benefits are starting to show,even at this early stage of their developement.
What a weekend coming up as we have three sides playing at Cole reserve and the place should be rocking and atmosphere electric.
A grade will be interesting this week with Glenroy playing St Marys,Glenroy the power side for all the season and St Marys up and down lately.
A whole new ball game now we can get into the fair dinkum cricket and it will be interesting to see if St Marys can lift to a level to challenge the leaders of the competition at the moment.
St Andrews and St Francis (battle of the Saints)will be interesting with both sides having sides capable of doing anything on their day.
Cole 2 is very small and each side will have to bowl well to ensure either side doesnt get a flyer and take the game by the horns.
Looking forward to another finals series and I would like to congradulate all sides in making the finals and look forward to your company over the coming weeks.
Good Luck (except against us) and best wishes.
F.O.S

Firstly great to hear Doug is doing well....he is a great man and have known him for years.

Surely the comp arent considering playing A turf semi final at Cole 2!! they have to be kidding themselves if FOS is correct. there are so many better grounds.....Maribyrnong, Kindersmith, Hosken, Raeburn, Brearely etc for a A turf semi final. it would be a shame for a tight match to be played on a sub standard ground.

I think Glenroy have firmed big time now they are playing St Marys (poor effort on weekend). cant see Warren making another duck, my money is on Doolan (an old ex-Easts coach so im biased) to make a big score.
Still think St Francis will get up, but bowling is thin if Costello can bowl lots of overs in a two-day match. relying on Calleri, Harding and Co wont be enough.

Good luck to all teams - and well done to my club for sticking it out in A turf, we have a lot of work to do to win games but we need to stick together and come back stronger next year.

Looking forward to a high quality finals series in all grades. Quickly would like to say bad luck to West Coburg in B Turf played them on the weekend and they had won 8 in a row and missed out by the looks of it because of losing points due to red tape from the association. We know it's the rules but it is a shame logic never seems to prevail.

Firstly great to hear Doug is doing well....he is a great man and have known him for years.

Surely the comp arent considering playing A turf semi final at Cole 2!! they have to be kidding themselves if FOS is correct. there are so many better grounds.....Maribyrnong, Kindersmith, Hosken, Raeburn, Brearely etc for a A turf semi final. it would be a shame for a tight match to be played on a sub standard ground.

I think Glenroy have firmed big time now they are playing St Marys (poor effort on weekend). cant see Warren making another duck, my money is on Doolan (an old ex-Easts coach so im biased) to make a big score.
Still think St Francis will get up, but bowling is thin if Costello can bowl lots of overs in a two-day match. relying on Calleri, Harding and Co wont be enough.

Good luck to all teams - and well done to my club for sticking it out in A turf, we have a lot of work to do to win games but we need to stick together and come back stronger next year.

Agree about Cole 2, but was told by a very reliable source on Saturday,this to be the case.

Understand the home final thing,but playing on a postage stamp for a Semi Final ???????

F.O.S

This finals series should be a cracker, providing the weather holds up of course!
but how is this for a situation.
if St.Andrews C Mats play their semi at Cole 3, and they leave the a semi at cole 2, then both ground out the back will have st andrews versing st francis. would provide a cracker of a crowd.
but the news is their one day team will get the nod, taking away this prospect

Back