MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2010/11

No surprising wins Sat all predictable, how'd decks play any bounce?
Another washout looming with storms over the whole weekend coming.
Experts have been spot on so far with crap weather & their predicting much of the same for the rest of the month with predictions of 40 degree days when the heat arrives. Whats the heat no play rule?
All games are must wins but might be more important this season, will be tight, cant afford to drop many.

Saw one of the best acts of good sportsmanship I can remember for a long time on the weekend. In a very tense tight run chase Dom from pacco called a short run off one of his teammates right at an important time. Reminded us all how cricket needs to be. Well done mate, top class effort and highly respected by everyone at West Coburg

You said it black panther your just a player!!! Maybe becoming an umpire is out of your wits!!!!

ha ha not just a player a very handy one at that.Not saying the umpires dont have a hard job and most of the time is all good but you too would have seen what i mean when i say s......... and NO I AM ALREADY MARRIED

ha ha not just a player a very handy one at that.Not saying the umpires dont have a hard job and most of the time is all good but you too would have seen what i mean when i say s......... and NO I AM ALREADY MARRIED

Not just a player a very handy one at that. Not that ur pumping ur own tyres up & getting ahead of yourself.
Unless ur Dom who has been a consistent performer for the last few years, very handy player tag probably should be kept for him only ;)
Wise move telling lets elope ur married. He's sounding smitten.

Not just a player a very handy one at that. Not that ur pumping ur own tyres up & getting ahead of yourself.
Unless ur Dom who has been a consistent performer for the last few years, very handy player tag probably should be kept for him only ;)
Wise move telling lets elope ur married. He's sounding smitten.

Can think of others than dom eg plugger mark p bryce j garvin need to pick up a few players as it looks like the 1 day grand final team of last year will not be playing due to work thats another 6 to 8 guys gone and the score shows that we carnt replace a whole team in so short notice need to call on all past players to get back down the club and help dom and the club.LETS ELOPE ARE YOU A FILLY

Very funn
Very funny panther , anyway I'm happily married now & I'm no filly just a an Old two legged stallion !!!

Can think of others than dom eg plugger mark p bryce j garvin need to pick up a few players as it looks like the 1 day grand final team of last year will not be playing due to work thats another 6 to 8 guys gone and the score shows that we carnt replace a whole team in so short notice need to call on all past players to get back down the club and help dom and the club.LETS ELOPE ARE YOU A FILLY

Plugger - hot & cold. Mark P (wow) Bryce & Garvins not at club unless been enticed back during week.
What about captain Betch, like plugger hot & cold. Mace will be ok if hangs around, young Aaron only learning, apart from that still only Dom. 5 weeks ago 1 dayers willing to play, now all working.

Looking like no play, but for the sake of it will try & pick winners anyway.
Marys 2 bounce back - good pick up with new c/c at easts.
Glenroy far 2 strong.
Socials just.
Barkly in close 1.
St.Francis in match of round. Toss of coin.
St.Andrews 2 strong - Haig unfortuantly for them will struggle all year, gutsy effort to come back up, wish them well.

The councils and comps and insurance providers charge you the same regardless of games played so I can imagine many clubs will take a hit and charge members less. The only money clubs save is on balls and given the clubs lose on bartakings they are hardly winning fromthe situation

The councils and comps and insurance providers charge you the same regardless of games played so I can imagine many clubs will take a hit and charge members less. The only money clubs save is on balls and given the clubs lose on bartakings they are hardly winning fromthe situation

Can c a few getting offside if fees not dropped but can also c most wont care.
They will understand like u said that all parties Comps, Councils, Insurance & so forth want their money regardless of how many game days lost ( 6 Saturdays I think so far ) huge losses through bar & canteens if opened all day & half the night.

Spoke to a bloke from ur comp today, he tells me the wise decision makers who seem more incompetent than the ones in this comp
( his words ) they allowed kids to play yesterday morning but called off the afternoon comp the same time they announced juniors can play in the morning. Is that true?

Can c a few getting offside if fees not dropped but can also c most wont care.
They will understand like u said that all parties Comps, Councils, Insurance & so forth want their money regardless of how many game days lost ( 6 Saturdays I think so far ) huge losses through bar & canteens if opened all day & half the night.

Spoke to a bloke from ur comp today, he tells me the wise decision makers who seem more incompetent than the ones in this comp
( his words ) they allowed kids to play yesterday morning but called off the afternoon comp the same time they announced juniors can play in the morning. Is that true?

Nah not true Im not one to stick my neck out for the wisemen (questionable) of our comp but I rang the weather line 9am Saturday morning and the message said all juniors were called off and no mention of senior cricket. About 11 am once the rain had set in the call was made on seniors as well.

Nah not true Im not one to stick my neck out for the wisemen (questionable) of our comp but I rang the weather line 9am Saturday morning and the message said all juniors were called off and no mention of senior cricket. About 11 am once the rain had set in the call was made on seniors as well.

Sorry Gladdy, was referring to Sunday.
Juniors allowed to play if deemed safe enough, but Sunday senior afternoon comp cancelled in the same announcement assuming for not being safe enough.:confused:
Didnt rain all day, boys would be frustrated enough with the weather & no play, but to be told no play in good conditions is head shaking.

Sorry Gladdy, was referring to Sunday.
Juniors allowed to play if deemed safe enough, but Sunday senior afternoon comp cancelled in the same announcement assuming for not being safe enough.:confused:
Didnt rain all day, boys would be frustrated enough with the weather & no play, but to be told no play in good conditions is head shaking.

Not sure mate would not surprise me

Back