MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2010/11

With the new leg side wide rule, could a one day game finish at 7:30 or later? Or will common sense provail and start the game at 12:30 or get rid of the rule and put in the wide ball markings on the pitch.
The main question is, is this a M.M.V.C.A. rule or has the I.C.C. brought in this rule for every level of cricket?
:(:mad::confused::eek:

te="stigmastars, post: 393461"]interesting to hear from a great source that old hack has been asked to step away from st andrews.:confused:[/quote]yeeee

Not true wanted to coach but was not what the
club needed great on field player all the best o..h...

:confused::mad:No looking good for paccoe over 500 runs in a 35 over match wakka in b turf all out for 50 is this the end of the club were are all the boys gone...cuture change go you f..........hhhhhh.........be.............t..............c/:mad:

St.Mary's BIT boys..... Zimmer to win the comp batting ave and there star left arm spinner on fire. Look out guys as the blue boys said: we are coming !!!!!!!!!!!

:confused::mad:No looking good for paccoe over 500 runs in a 35 over match wakka in b turf all out for 50 is this the end of the club were are all the boys gone...cuture change go you f..........hhhhhh.........be.............t..............c/:mad:

509, makes coburg not much chop with 378
Gone from laughable 2 embarrassing, time 2 drop the 1 day side, looks like more 2 come as players drop off.
Keeping the side in just for membership money is a joke in itself.
Have 2 try & salvage something by trying 2 get the last 2 senior sides left in club competivtive especially B grade.
Hard 2 do with 13/14 year old kids who struggle in their junior grade let alone currently playing B grade.
A grade will be competitive, wont win many but at least they will be competitive.

Wakka in B grade, assume u mean Hinsley. Not much respect shown towards him concidering he was once 1 of the best bowlers the comp has produced & still hits the spot off 2 steps with crippled knees. Right person 4 kids 2 learn from.
Club should have bitten the bullet & nominated 4 C turf as was suggested instead of being pig headed by some to stay in B turf.

Rest of ur post i dont get, dont no if ur having a go at club or persons left, as 4 is this the end of the club, i dont believe so as long as the kids are put in the right level they will help rebuild the club, if not unfortunantly sooner rather than later will happen which will be a sad day.

G'day Gents, not sure I agree with the new legside rule as it is. I umpired for awhile on the weekend in one of the 1 day grade games and there were quite a few leg side's that really you wouldn't call. I understand the rule for the higher grades, A & B Turf and A and B Matts they should be able to control what there doing 98% of the time, but not sure it's the right way to go for the 1 dayers, who would most likely be a lot of blokes with not the talent as the higher grades but just want to have a bit of fun.

What do you think?

509, makes coburg not much chop with 378
Gone from laughable 2 embarrassing, time 2 drop the 1 day side, looks like more 2 come as players drop off.
Keeping the side in just for membership money is a joke in itself.
Have 2 try & salvage something by trying 2 get the last 2 senior sides left in club competivtive especially B grade.
Hard 2 do with 13/14 year old kids who struggle in their junior grade let alone currently playing B grade.
A grade will be competitive, wont win many but at least they will be competitive.

Wakka in B grade, assume u mean Hinsley. Not much respect shown towards him concidering he was once 1 of the best bowlers the comp has produced & still hits the spot off 2 steps with crippled knees. Right person 4 kids 2 learn from.
Club should have bitten the bullet & nominated 4 C turf as was suggested instead of being pig headed by some to stay in B turf.

Rest of ur post i dont get, dont no if ur having a go at club or persons left, as 4 is this the end of the club, i dont believe so as long as the kids are put in the right level they will help rebuild the club, if not unfortunantly sooner rather than later will happen which will be a sad day.

:(:mad::confused:I hate to say it but this could be the beginning of the end for Pascoe Vale C.C. The committee as I have said previously need to have a long hard look at themselves and when they start pointing fingers at people, the only ones they can point at is themselves. If the club could get rid of the internal bickering and club politics that is ripping the place apart, they will find that everything would be easier especially getting some new playing talent. Their unwillingness to appoint a coach from outside who could actually attract players to the club needs to be looked at (no offence towards Dom). Having young kids playing in a grade that are not ready for may see them leave as they will more than likely get disheartened because they getting thrashed each week. The lack of atmosphere and people at the club is of concern considering I have seen at other clubs a lot hanging around and having a drink and generally a good time. (Even when it is raining.) I hope that Pascoe Vale can pick itself and be competitve as it would be unfortunate for the cricket to fold at the club.:mad::confused::(

:(:mad::confused:I hate to say it but this could be the beginning of the end for Pascoe Vale C.C. The committee as I have said previously need to have a long hard look at themselves and when they start pointing fingers at people, the only ones they can point at is themselves. If the club could get rid of the internal bickering and club politics that is ripping the place apart, they will find that everything would be easier especially getting some new playing talent. Their unwillingness to appoint a coach from outside who could actually attract players to the club needs to be looked at (no offence towards Dom). Having young kids playing in a grade that are not ready for may see them leave as they will more than likely get disheartened because they getting thrashed each week. The lack of atmosphere and people at the club is of concern considering I have seen at other clubs a lot hanging around and having a drink and generally a good time. (Even when it is raining.) I hope that Pascoe Vale can pick itself and be competitve as it would be unfortunate for the cricket to fold at the club.:mad::confused::(

Same old same old down at pacco!!!! ive heard it all before!!!!

Pacco have been a proud and strong club since I've been in the CDCA / MMVCA (25 years) I'm sure they will bounce back stronger than ever, I hope they do for the comps sake anyway.

From the hearlad sun website, looks like no cricket again this weekend.

VICTORIA'S warm spell will end tonight as thunderstorms sweep through the state, bringing rain that is expected to last for several days.
Melbourne is forecast to reach 31 degrees today before heavy rain dumps on peak-hour commuters, along with possible thunder and lightning, anytime after 5pm, the Bureau of Meteorology's Rod Dickson said.
Regular rainfall will continue throughout the week, with the wettest weather likely to come on Saturday.
"This trough that's around is going to linger over the state well into the weekend," Mr Dickson said.
"Cumulatively, we could see 30-50mm of rain in Melbourne to this time next week."

From the hearlad sun website, looks like no cricket again this weekend.

VICTORIA'S warm spell will end tonight as thunderstorms sweep through the state, bringing rain that is expected to last for several days.
Melbourne is forecast to reach 31 degrees today before heavy rain dumps on peak-hour commuters, along with possible thunder and lightning, anytime after 5pm, the Bureau of Meteorology's Rod Dickson said.
Regular rainfall will continue throughout the week, with the wettest weather likely to come on Saturday.
"This trough that's around is going to linger over the state well into the weekend," Mr Dickson said.
"Cumulatively, we could see 30-50mm of rain in Melbourne to this time next week."
busy day at work littleman

Wouldn't be too worried about what's happening at Pacco. Myself and a few others not happy with the degrading comments by several members. What I've seen so far, Glenroy premiers in all three Turf grades. Their only danger St Andrews in A Turf. St Francis, Moonee Valley or Sunshine YCW in B Turf. Same in C Turf. They're my early predictions.

Back