MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2010/11

Sad to see rain on the weekend again. Really makes this a compromised season especially due to the fact a few games on the weekend had rain save a higher finishing team from a very possible defeat. Teams still deserve their place for finishing higher but it is disapointing none the less.

Well Well Well going by the weekend's results i guess the rain saved the 2 highest placed teams congrat's to them for being there after the season finished, BUT seriously i think the comp (even though there won't be a mmvca next season) needed to look at why have mon as a back up day if you only play 1 and a half day's cricket for a semi final?
St Mary's had Glenroy for all money 4-54 after 41 overs chasing 144 were the better side over the 1 and a half days.

Congrats to both teams in the Grand Final bit lucky for glenroy to be there but they are there.

Glenroy quite comfortable

Very quiet lads, thought a lead up in2 a gf would be roaring but not to be.
Well done to both sides for finishing 1-2 in home & away, deserve to be where they are by finishing where they did.
Bad luck to Mary's if not for weather probably would be playing.
Tip omo
Glenroy for outstanding season, will have most of their club supporting from the sidelines compared to St.Francis who might have only a handful of support with their other sides making it thru, great effort.
Support from sidelines might be a bit too much for St.Francis young blokes.
Lets hope bad weather has no part in result. This weekend fine, next weekend not looking good.

Very quiet lads, thought a lead up in2 a gf would be roaring but not to be.
Well done to both sides for finishing 1-2 in home & away, deserve to be where they are by finishing where they did.
Bad luck to Mary's if not for weather probably would be playing.
Tip omo
Glenroy for outstanding season, will have most of their club supporting from the sidelines compared to St.Francis who might have only a handful of support with their other sides making it thru, great effort.
Support from sidelines might be a bit too much for St.Francis young blokes.
Lets hope bad weather has no part in result. This weekend fine, next weekend not looking good.

Glenroy for me in 3 days. There bowlers give you nothing and with head setting the field straight and the bolwers pitching it up it was impossible to score last week and will be much of the same this week. St Francis will have to play across the line to score and i dont think they have the batsmen to do that. For St Francis to win they need to remove Glenroy's top 4 quickly and put there middle to lower order under pressure. With King batting at 5 and Schwarze at 6 they will hang around but cant hit the ball off the square so will not hurt you on the score board. Lets hope the weather is good for all 4 days and we see a close grand final. If it starts raining lets hope glenroy bring their new covers and not the old ones since the old ones have holes everywhere as we found out sunday

All the best for the 24 players doing battle on the weekend

Tips
Glenroy
T Stevens for the medal
7 Glenroy players to come off the ground for a toilet break in the first innings

Pretty quiet on here this week. Looks like no one cares about the 2 teams in the final. What am going to read for the next few months no one us hanging sh*t on anyone. VERY DISSAPOINTING

Pretty quiet on here this week. Looks like no one cares about the 2 teams in the final. What am going to read for the next few months no one us hanging sh*t on anyone. VERY DISSAPOINTING

Hmmmm, not quite sure I understand the above...but anyway.

I've read the brief in relation to the VTCA proposal, has anyone else, whats your thoughts?

well done saints boys on a good season. I see jimmy is back playing a grade so to come in the top 4 when you are obviously short of players is a great effort.

No congrats from any1 to the Glenroy boys, wonder why?
No good apologising after the event. Not all bad eggs, only a couple.

Congrats to flag winners from other grades. Showed respect, club leadership & especially showed ur kids the right way to play to achieve success. Well Done.

No congrats from any1 to the Glenroy boys, wonder why?
No good apologising after the event. Not all bad eggs, only a couple.

Congrats to flag winners from other grades. Showed respect, club leadership & especially showed ur kids the right way to play to achieve success. Well Done.

What's this about 16cans?

Big meeting for all turf clubs this Monday night with VTCA representatives putting across their point of view.

Should be an interesting night.

Any more whispers out there?

Back