mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

Guru14;320957 said:
Well boys round 10 is around the corner and as usual it has thrown up some interesting games! It could be the end of the road for a couple or it may mean some big results which throws the finals race wide open.
East Coburg v Sunshine Heights
St Andrews v Pascoe Vale
St Francis de Sales v Haig Amateurs
Glenroy v West Coburg
Merlynston Hadfield v The Socials
Barkly Street Uniting Church Cricket Club v St Marys

I would think the winners this week should be Sunahine Heights over East coburg, St Andrews should beat Pacco and end Pacco's run. St Frannies to keep their finals hopes alive with a comfortable win against Haig. The match of the round is definately Glenroy vs Wests, this is the only real upset I could see taking place. Having said that I do think Wests will be too strong in a very close game. In tha last 2 games I would think Merlo will be too strong for Socials and St Marys should win against Barkly. This round could definately be just a taste for round 11, good luck to all.

Well Guru, some very important games, however the way it looks with the forecast at 43oC on Saturday, it will revert back to a one day game the following week....that will certainly make it interesting for the next two games especially when there is only 6 points possibly up for grabs this week.

should be an interesting week

wests done everything right up until now and by winning the last 2 games they will only put more pressure on themselves come the semi final. i hope they dont choke but they usually do. st andrews cruising along happily now with every chance of a 3rd flag in a row, i think they will be quietly confident at this stage. st marys i dont see as a huge threat especcially if they have to get past both st andrews and wests. i dont feel that they have what it takes to get over them in successive games come finals. as for 4th, i think that st frances has no chance now that this week will be a one dayer and they dont deserve a spot in the finals as they have not beaten anyone in the top4. merlo are certainties with their run home. all they have to do is win. will they drop a game to a lower side and cost themselves? possibly. especcially with a young side it is possible. i cant see any other teams in it unless glenroy do something special.

good luck to all

slipofthetongue;321153 said:
Well Guru, some very important games, however the way it looks with the forecast at 43oC on Saturday, it will revert back to a one day game the following week....that will certainly make it interesting for the next two games especially when there is only 6 points possibly up for grabs this week.

Slipof, it is a massive turn of events in my opinion but if you look at the games I think the one day format may suit some sides better. I think Glenroy become a huge threat to Wests in a one dayer, with Wardy bowling well and the openers in great touch. I don't think it helps Pacco one bit given St Andrews record in one dayers so far this year. Their bats put the score on the board taking all the pressure of the bowlers, it would be nice having a bowl when the chasing side needs 5 or 5 1/2 an over. The Socials would fancy themselves in a one dayer against Merlo and I think he other games should go as expected.

As you say the big thing is 6 points and percentage. Do you bowl first, try and roll them for very little or a managable score and then chase the runs being 2 or 3 down? Obviously runs on the board is the way to go but there will be some captains thinking of all sorts of scenario's. I think after this round it will certainly confirm first & second on the ladder. One thing is for sure my wife is very happy with the extreme heat policy. Fingers crossed the change comes through early and we get a start.

Guru14;321332 said:
Slipof, it is a massive turn of events in my opinion but if you look at the games I think the one day format may suit some sides better. I think Glenroy become a huge threat to Wests in a one dayer, with Wardy bowling well and the openers in great touch. I don't think it helps Pacco one bit given St Andrews record in one dayers so far this year. Their bats put the score on the board taking all the pressure of the bowlers, it would be nice having a bowl when the chasing side needs 5 or 5 1/2 an over. The Socials would fancy themselves in a one dayer against Merlo and I think he other games should go as expected.

As you say the big thing is 6 points and percentage. Do you bowl first, try and roll them for very little or a managable score and then chase the runs being 2 or 3 down? Obviously runs on the board is the way to go but there will be some captains thinking of all sorts of scenario's. I think after this round it will certainly confirm first & second on the ladder. One thing is for sure my wife is very happy with the extreme heat policy. Fingers crossed the change comes through early and we get a start.

Round 11 will decide 2nd!!

If result go the way we think.

I really think St Andrews are best suited to 2 day cricket but Gav is flying so.

Not many runs come off Paul Newton, Scotty and Gav. Nev also does a great job in the one dayers.

old hack;321436 said:
Round 11 will decide 2nd!!

If result go the way we think.

I really think St Andrews are best suited to 2 day cricket but Gav is flying so.

Not many runs come off Paul Newton, Scotty and Gav. Nev also does a great job in the one dayers.

Dave, what's your thoughts on the way things will go given only 2 weeks to go. Am I right in thinking if you beat St Marys in round 11 you guys then finish 2nd or are you thinking further into the last 2 rounds as to who you believe should be in the four and the makeup of the first week of finals?

Whichever it goes the finals will be interesting because there have been so many weather interventions that we have played alot of single days of cricket, so I'm very interested in the effect it has

Guru14;321500 said:
Dave, what's your thoughts on the way things will go given only 2 weeks to go. Am I right in thinking if you beat St Marys in round 11 you guys then finish 2nd or are you thinking further into the last 2 rounds as to who you believe should be in the four and the makeup of the first week of finals?

Whichever it goes the finals will be interesting because there have been so many weather interventions that we have played alot of single days of cricket, so I'm very interested in the effect it has

The way i read the top 4 assuming the teams in there win as they are expected will be

West
St Mary's
St Andrew's
Merlo

Now in saying that if St Mary's beat St Andrews round 11 St Andrews will finish 4th going by percentage Merlo will finish 3rd.

If St Andrew's win round 11 the play St Mary's in the semi which will mean 2 games in a row against these sides.

kingkong;321045 said:
Gday pup, do me a favour and just keep telling me until rd 11 that i wont score any runs, i need the motivation. And Hershell gibbs if i may, wats it like knowing you lost the game for the marys last night.;)

Lol hershell gibbs. you have to take the good with the bad. we both know you would have got runs whether i sledged u or not mate. gav i never even got my hands around it mate, il give u something though when u hit them u hit them, that was a rocket! it was a pretty average effort from us but there was a few circumstances that cost us but il take it for the team. we did well to get within a few balls. p.s howd the toe pull up?

hey boys good to see things are getting exciting coming down to the business end of the season. good to see st andrews havent missed that gun opening bat from last year. i hear he made a come back last week and got a duck batting at number six chasing 5 dec for 404. even jimmy would see that as a bad game

bcricket;321547 said:
Lol hershell gibbs. you have to take the good with the bad. we both know you would have got runs whether i sledged u or not mate. gav i never even got my hands around it mate, il give u something though when u hit them u hit them, that was a rocket! it was a pretty average effort from us but there was a few circumstances that cost us but il take it for the team. we did well to get within a few balls. p.s howd the toe pull up?
The toe was fine, it hit me on the ankle bone now its black n blue, but is all good. cya round 11 pup.;)

Here's one for you boy's:

Last night at the umpires meeting Essendon2000 was told to leave the meeting by the umpires president for:

Now wait for it!!!!

For wearing a singlet!!!!!

What in the hell is going on there???

What do you think of that???

bcricket;321547 said:

bcricket you are coming accross as another mmvca, trying to be mates with everyone on here. Stick to peeling Oranges lad.:eek:

Hirdy05_;321923 said:
Here's one for you boy's:

Last night at the umpires meeting Essendon2000 was told to leave the meeting by the umpires president for:

Now wait for it!!!!

For wearing a singlet!!!!!

What in the hell is going on there???

What do you think of that???

ha ha ha you gotta laugh! Poor Chippy..........:D

Semi Finals - Twenty/20 for next Tuesday

Sunshine Heights v St Andrews at Bon Thomas Reserve

Glenroy v St Francis at JP Fawkner

A.Hussey;321589 said:
hey boys good to see things are getting exciting coming down to the business end of the season. good to see st andrews havent missed that gun opening bat from last year. i hear he made a come back last week and got a duck batting at number six chasing 5 dec for 404. even jimmy would see that as a bad game

WE miss you as a good bloke & mate, the cricketer in you was just a bonus.

Hey don't be a stranger when are you coming back down for a visit at least

FRONTFOOTNOBALL;321956 said:
bcricket you are coming accross as another mmvca, trying to be mates with everyone on here. Stick to peeling Oranges lad.:eek:

FFNB give it a spell. we play hard on the field and then we have a laugh after the game its just a bit of whiteline fever. Stick to peeling oranges are u serious im shattered that both of our sides didnt get our chance to wipe the floor with ur side. Save ur rubbish for after finals. Because everyone knows who we are and how we play. If u cant have a laugh off the ground u never will. Stick to making runs SIR DON ;)

With Sat now being a one dayer does that bring any games closer than expected?

I think this brings Glenroy RIGHT in the equation this will be match of the round..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back