Money Shield 18/19

Rex Hunt

He hardly batted them into a GF...

I’m just clearly stating that if he is getting paid to play cricket then it is a clear example of why local cricket in today’s day and age is cooked...
3-22 when he went in.... 5-109 end of play and he’s still there... you would have noticed he didn’t give a chance - tell your 5th change bowler to pitch it up too ;)

Toddy doesn't drink, he's an athlete.

If Lower Plenty lose, their captain will have a lot to answer for.

He's allowed Heidelberg to make over 200, while not bowling their big game player who has picked up crucial wickets against Banyule and Bundoora United.
Maybe their keeper does, dropped Nihil on not much, keeping up to the stumps with the skipper was bowling..

CricketBox

With the new ball? Makes zero sense being up to the stumps early while the ball is still swinging. Will cost them a flag IMO, don't see lower chasing that.
They've got the depth to chase this down. I reckon it'll go right down to the wire, they're a massive chance. I know Heidelberg had Banyule 8/28 last week, but I can't see that happening again.

Last edited:
History suggests very few sides chase over 200 in a granny and win. I can only recall Eltham doing it I think v Lower maybe 6 or 7 years ago. Chased about 240, maybe Minney got a big score. It's all a blur now

Savage RN

History suggests very few sides chase over 200 in a granny and win. I can only recall Eltham doing it I think v Lower maybe 6 or 7 years ago. Chased about 240, maybe Minney got a big score. It's all a blur now
BU did it 5 years ago after Eltham had set 228 and Minney made 128. History doesn't mean anything if you have a batting order like Lowers I'm tipping them.

Artie Bucco

BU did it 5 years ago after Eltham had set 228 and Minney made 128. History doesn't mean anything if you have a batting order like Lowers I'm tipping them.
On that note, I still can't believe Eltham aren't featuring in this game. What kind of talent to those blokes need to bring in to actually win when it matters. Whether your'e with them or against them at some point you need to raise questions about culture/ticker as they haven't been any worse off list wise than any teams that have been promoted in recent times and have nothing to show for it. Maybe it's off field leadership. Tongs Tongs in all seriousness, it's time to go home and silence the naysayers and the doubters an prove your'e more than just a shit opening batsman.

Brick Hands Magee

On that note, I still can't believe Eltham aren't featuring in this game. What kind of talent to those blokes need to bring in to actually win when it matters. Whether your'e with them or against them at some point you need to raise questions about culture/ticker as they haven't been any worse off list wise than any teams that have been promoted in recent times and have nothing to show for it. Maybe it's off field leadership. Tongs Tongs in all seriousness, it's time to go home and silence the naysayers and the doubters an prove your'e more than just a shit opening batsman.
Cue the “I’m not involved and have no vested in what goes on. I couldn’t even tell you who plays there” blah blah blah same bullshit

Tongs

BigCricket Moderator
Staff member
Cue the “I’m not involved and have no vested in what goes on. I couldn’t even tell you who plays there” blah blah blah same bullshit
Gee you're boring.

At least Artie acknowledges that I am no longer affiliated with Eltham, other than having mates play there. I have not played a game for them for 5 years and have been senior coach of a different club for 3. Time for you to find something else to talk about.

Tongs

BigCricket Moderator
Staff member
Why is it time for me to "go home", and I am pretty sure I don't have anything to prove anyone. How exactly are you expecting me to be the point of difference?