Money Shield 2013/2014

McGann wasn't express but rushed you. Rosbrook was lightning when he let go, Premakumara too. Keasy still felt quick 5 years ago.

I luckily didn't get the above mentioned in their prime, but I faced McGinty on a hatrick ball, the last ball before tea one day. I was half way through my back lift when it hit me. Rosbrook was the same, I thought he broke my leg one day. It was like he was bowling bullets. In his prime, Soca from Eltham could really let them go too.

I faced mick lewis for only one over as an opener and he was extremely quick back 20 years ago.
Keays and steven seade were sharp as well back in their day.
From what I have heard , mcginty was the quickest of the lot. Cant comnent on mcgann as I never saw him bowl
Steven Seade and Craig Trinder had us 8/12 one day, we were betting on who could face the most balls, seen Keasy give away 4 leg byes off our opening batsmans head, one bounce over the boundary at Yulong.
Princess who played for Bundoora, think his name was Jason Sutcliffe was real sharp, Rosebrook broke arms at our club, and don't know if anyone can remember Tim Baker who played a year or two with us in the 90's, he was about 130 kegs, but his first 5 overs were lethal.

Thoughts on the half way point of this round.
Eltham got enough against the Stars strong batting line up?
BU got enough this week on the 'postage stamp'?
Can Morang do it, and set up a massive last 2 rounds for the bottom 4.
Can Ranatunga chase down the small Boro total - not many others to help him.

I think a heat out would be favourite at the moment.

Will back stars to chase down Elthams 244,best chasing team in the comp.

Morang played their grand final last week and won't be backing it up although I would love them to get up just for a bit of interest and excitement for the last 2 rounds.

After Ranatungas massive declaration blunder last week I'll back him in to make amends and lead his team to a win against the unbeaten Borough

Sort of off topic... but out of curiosity, who would be the quickest bowler to grace the DVCA in recent memory (e.g. last 20-odd years)

I'm only mid-20s, so I'm interested in some thoughts from some of you older blokes who have been around the traps for a while.

I never faced any of these three, but I've heard Mick Lewis, McGann, and McGinty all bowled decent wheels. Anyone else?

Having faced most if not all of them over the past 20 odd years all were very quick but for me one stands out from the rest as he had me genuinely fearing for my safety.A Sri Lankan who played for research in the mid nineties and may have only played the one year,hopefully brutal can help me out with his name.Pretty sure he represented Sri Lanka in the "96" World Cup

Having faced most if not all of them over the past 20 odd years all were very quick but for me one stands out from the rest as he had me genuinely fearing for my safety.A Sri Lankan who played for research in the mid nineties and may have only played the one year,hopefully brutal can help me out with his name.Pretty sure he represented Sri Lanka in the "96" World Cup
Yes, he was real sharp, pretty sure his name was Gunaratne, certainly represented Sri Lanka in ODI's, but I reckon early 2000's

Yes, he was real sharp, pretty sure his name was Gunaratne, certainly represented Sri Lanka in ODI's, but I reckon early 2000's
Dulip Lingyage back from the old HDCA days who played for East Ivanhoe saints, represented Sri Lanka at test level think he played a dozen games or so, now he was lethal.
I might go out on a limb here an say Amos from lalor stars is prob the quickest bloke I've seen this season in money shield

Morang played their grand final last week and won't be backing it up although I would love them to get up just for a bit of interest and excitement for the last 2 rounds.

After Ranatungas massive declaration blunder last week I'll back him in to make amends and lead his team to a win against the unbeaten Borough
Would be great in Morang got up, can't see them doing it again though.
BU you would say they have enough runs but then again they almost got chased down last week.
Borough haven't had anyone score over 180 until eltham last week (199) it'll be tough but in a good position having them 3/36
Elthams 244 against Stars in competitive, can their bowlers back up the batsmen hard work is the question? You'd tip stars on form but if Eltham want to play finals they have to win this game

Sure did, although slightly different, as that was done prior to going to grounds.
And it was the first week of a 2 day game, so everyone played a one day game the next week.

That day was called off before hand as it was forecast to be over 40, and hit 38 at around 10am, so the DVCA made one of their smartest decisions and pulled the pin early. Should be more decisions like that - especially with the heat.

For those of you that don't know the rule:

The General Manager or his nominated representative will monitor the Bureau of Meteorology “Viewbank” temperature by dialling 1196.
Once it exceeds 38° Celsius, the General Manager or his nominated representative will notify clubs by SMS. Play will then be suspended immediately, and will not start or re-start until the General Manager or his nominated representative notify clubs that it is 38° or below.

The General Manager or his nominated representative will continue to check at each 15 minute interval on and from the hour (eg 1:00pm, 1:15pm, 1:30pm, etc). If play is delayed for 1 hour in one continuous block of time (not accumulative blocks), all play in all matches will be abandoned for the day.

Otherwise the General Manager or his nominated representative will notify clubs by SMS once it falls to 38° or below, and play will then start or re-start.
Any delay or interruption under this paragraph will be treated in the normal way in accordance with applicable rules, particularly regarding overs reduction.
The Executive reserves the right to abandon play at any time prior to commencement, due to extreme weather.

That day was called off before hand as it was forecast to be over 40, and hit 38 at around 10am, so the DVCA made one of their smartest decisions and pulled the pin early. Should be more decisions like that - especially with the heat.

For those of you that don't know the rule:

The General Manager or his nominated representative will monitor the Bureau of Meteorology “Viewbank” temperature by dialling 1196.
Once it exceeds 38° Celsius, the General Manager or his nominated representative will notify clubs by SMS. Play will then be suspended immediately, and will not start or re-start until the General Manager or his nominated representative notify clubs that it is 38° or below.

The General Manager or his nominated representative will continue to check at each 15 minute interval on and from the hour (eg 1:00pm, 1:15pm, 1:30pm, etc). If play is delayed for 1 hour in one continuous block of time (not accumulative blocks), all play in all matches will be abandoned for the day.

Otherwise the General Manager or his nominated representative will notify clubs by SMS once it falls to 38° or below, and play will then start or re-start.
Any delay or interruption under this paragraph will be treated in the normal way in accordance with applicable rules, particularly regarding overs reduction.
The Executive reserves the right to abandon play at any time prior to commencement, due to extreme weather.
Only forecasting 36 now, so hopefully we don't have any issues.

Tongs, is that a decent score on your ground, or is it slightly below par?

Boro really should have made a hell of a lot more, had a disappointing middle order collapse, but 3/30 odd, I still think they'd be favourites

Tongs, is that a decent score on your ground, or is it slightly below par?

Boro really should have made a hell of a lot more, had a disappointing middle order collapse, but 3/30 odd, I still think they'd be favourites

To be completely honest, I am not sure. The ground has played tricks over the last couple of months, in that we have expected it to be quick one week and its actually slow, and vice versa the next week. The last 3 games scores for both teams were between 190 - 228. So based on that, would say that its par, and you need to bat well to get the runs. Likewise, we will need to bowl well to take 10 wickets in a very strong batting line up.

Back