Money Shield 2013/2014

I like Lalor Stars over Eltham just, only because of their bowling attack. In the other semi I think who ever bats first will win. Can't see Boro chasing any sort of total as they will get the jitters again but if they put a 200+ score on the board I think their attack will defend that on what will be a slower and bigger ground than that excuse for a backyard at BU. By the way have Boro banned their A grade boy's from posting on this forum Baroo?

While we are on the subject of rating teams, how would you rate the sides that missed the finals this year.

I will have a go...

Heidelberg CC - Good young side, with couple of wiser heads. Started well but played most of better side later in season. Will improve again next season, good all round side.
Lower Plenty CC - Improved a lot throughout season another young side with couple of older heads, went a lot better than most expected. Need bowling stocks.
Camrea CC - Most had in relegation race, but experienced players stood up. Will need to keep existing and recruit, have struggled to fill other grades club depth a concern.
Montmerency CC - For mine, really under achievers. Have a good side on paper and only got out of relegation trouble. Not sure why they struggled? Where did they go wrong looks good side on paper?
Hurstbridge CC- Early in season picked to be in final contention again, but struggled most of season. Need to recruit a couple to improve?
NEW CC - Did a great job seeing 1's XI struggled most of season, be great to see how they go next season.
Banyule CC - Good senior and youth balance, senior players had average seasons, need to improve bowling stocks.
Sth Morang CC - Found some form late in season with a couple of blokes returning, had to play to much catch up late in season. Sad to see them go down but that's the game.

Finals games

Lalor Stars V Eltham - Lalor to strong, lost to Eltham earlier in year and probably learnt a bit. Lalor bat deep and have close to best attack in Money. Eltham will need their gun Minney to bat all day and blokes to bat around and support him, Gibbs, Kennell, Davidson need to stand up. If they do that they give themselves a small chance. Lalor bat deep all their senior heads have made runs all year, have too many blokes who have consistently made runs and will be too good (Toppi, Kemp, Volpe and Drummond). Eltham attack in thin against a strong batting line up for mine. At home Lalor my tip

Greensborough V Bundoora United - Should be cracking game. GCC with mixed form of late, all their top order have made consistent runs this year, Butera, Jephcott, Henkel and Arnott. GCC attach is solid with Crawford, Meekins and Cunningham. BU the same, they have batting depth Ross, Curtain, Gunn and Cogan. Their attack is a little thinner, but Barnett and Fraser have taking wickets all year. I will take form as the guide BU have been the form side coming into finals, and GCC with the wobbles. BU to win for mine.

All the best to all in finals

Selections:

Lalor Stars vs Eltham - Both have good solid batting lineups and think the game will be decided by the better bowling attack which Stars appear to have.
Greensborough vs Bundoora United - A tossup but think the experience of the Boro boys may be what gets them into another grannie.

Selections:

Lalor Stars vs Eltham - Both have good solid batting lineups and think the game will be decided by the better bowling attack which Stars appear to have.
Greensborough vs Bundoora United - A tossup but think the experience of the Boro boys may be what gets them into another grannie.

Good effort by Eltham to restrict the strong Stars batting. Now up to their stars to respond. Evenly poised at the halfway mark.
Think Boro are in the drivers seat after really restricting the United batters. Lookin good for another grannie berth.

Great effort by United boys and the Eltham boys. Now can Full toss let us know what happened at Boro and how "the Eltham Rabble" made it through, love it when the karma bus arrives.
Full Toss I'm sure you know how Greensborough's bowling and fielding was since you were playing, sorry Captaining them. It always strikes me as odd when people talk about themselves as the third person. Normally comes from people who are a little insecure about things and waiting for there bubble to be burst or there hopes to be shattered again.
Interesting.

Anyone know why Jamie Scott didn't play? Massive hole in the stars attack. Well done to both sides, should be a high scoring game! After a duck in the semi I'll tip skips to ton up and get the panthers over the line, just.

Anyone know why Jamie Scott didn't play? Massive hole in the stars attack. Well done to both sides, should be a high scoring game! After a duck in the semi I'll tip skips to ton up and get the panthers over the line, just.

I am led to believe that Jamie was quite unwell and wasn't able to get up and play. It is a credit to him as a person and a clubman, that he did the team thing and pulled himself out, rather than the possibliliity of him playing and not being able to contribute due to being unwell.

BU were in my top 2 picks for the flag along with LS. Have really hit form in the 2nd half of season. Surprised to see LS get beaten comprehensively, massive GF coming up. Backing BU to take it out.

Wasn't because I picked BU was it? :D

Delete your comment because you picked BU? I wanted to ban you for that! :D

Nope, they have every right to go in favourites. They are undefeated since Novemeber, winning their last 12 games (Money Shield and T20) and knocked us off in the last game therefore are the ones to beat. All the pressure is going to be on them going into the game.

Delete your comment because you picked BU? I wanted to ban you for that! :D

Nope, they have every right to go in favourites. They are undefeated since Novemeber, winning their last 12 games (Money Shield and T20) and knocked us off in the last game therefore are the ones to beat. All the pressure is going to be on them going into the game.

Haha! Stop the mind games Mourinho!
Plenty to play for (Barclay), for both sides. Eltham are also bringing plenty of form into the game with the way they knocked off Lalor Stars sans Scott.
Top order with some good runs, hope they can repeat it this week.
Both Grand Finals look like being pretty evenly matched. Which is great for the comp.

One of the better hundreds you 'll ever see from Minney yesterday half of it in extremely dark conditions . The United boys will have to be on their game to chase down what ever Eltham end up on after their 80 . Prob will be about 230 I think . Runs on the board always an advantage in finals .

Last edited:
Anyone got any tips for the medal tonight ??? Any smokies or going to be the usual suspects??

Congrats to Camera's Dhushanta Ranatunga on winning the Gleeson Medal and to the members of the Team of the Season - Scotty Gibbs (C), Corey Cogan, Dhushanta Ranatunga, Jamie Scott, Lasith Fernando, Mark Minney, Matty Crawford, Michael Butera, Ray Kelsey, Scotty Barnett and Steve Kemp.

Back