Money Shield 2013/2014

Shortnwide

you stated that Greensborough isn't a "roll you for 51" opening partnership, and alluded to them as not being quick enough to bowl a side out for a low total, by then comparing them to McGann, Perera etc... yet you now state that these pitches suit their "slower fast bowlers", so which is it?

You said you saw them recently, so which side did you see them beat, and did you stay for both weeks?

Yes I did, I don't think any attack should be ripping through sides for 51. My point is that Heidelberg fell in a heap against one of the benchmarks, a really bad day for them. Good bowling? Probably.. I wasn't there. That good though? Doubt it.

Some times a fast bowler will go out there and rip through a batting line up, get on a roll, get into the tail order bowling quick with a new ball and bowl a side out cheaply. You should know that, being a Greensborough man you must have been there at the GF when McGann ripped through you guys. Perera did it, Smith did it.

I don't consider the G'borough attack to be like that, but there's more than one way to skin a cat and I'm not trying to bruise any fast bowler's egos down at war memorial park.

McGann, Perera, Smith are all class bowlers, quick and have given me a heapof trouble. Wouldn't matter what pitch they bowl on.

Notwithstanding, the pitches suit slower bowlers. With the bounce and ball holding up, it's hard to keep the ball along the ground. Guys that the right length will frustrate a heap of batsmen out.. especially on this synthetic. You'll see me pissing an moaning in another post regarding this.

I said I saw them recently enough, to keep my veil of anonymity I'd rather not say... i don't think its relevant either.

Open invitation to shortnwide to come down to greensborough and just see how medium paced the greensborough attack is! Tonight or Thursday 5:30 bring ya chest guard!

If Greensborough are so good why is it that they have not progressed to BS ?

Mr Pig, can you please quote where I have said "how good Greensborough are"?

I have merely had a debate over the validity of their bowlers in taking wickets.

If you like I will put forward my opinion on that matter to engage discussion

I believe Greensborough had a very experienced side when they came across into the DVCA, with some young players just starting out their A Grade careers, if we look at their side now, the age demographic, is pretty much an under 25's side. So my hypothesis would be that, as the older guys left/retired their younger guys have stood up and taken ownership of the side, and are now putting forward their own imprint.

This would surely hold them in good stead, as they will only improve with natural progression, and learn their own game better as they mature and mould as a side.

Will they win the flag?

Who knows, maybe they'll choke again... but right now I think Greensborough and Lalor would be the favourites for the GF

Does that suffice Mr Pig?

I saw Greensborough lose to Rosanna in the GF last year and whilst I was especially impressed with Crawford nobody out there was bowling 'quick'. Especially not in the range of Premakumara who most certainly doesn't throw it. Not sure a chest guard would be required ;)

Fair assessment Nuggler. GB & LS definitely seem to be the teams to beat, however, if GB don't take home the chocolates this year serious questions need to be asked on performing when it matters.

I saw Greensborough lose to Rosanna in the GF last year and whilst I was especially impressed with Crawford nobody out there was bowling 'quick'. Especially not in the range of Premakumara who most certainly doesn't throw it. Not sure a chest guard would be required ;)
Opener go crawl back under your rock and stay there! The bloke throws it! And it easy to be quick when you throw the ball

Fair assessment Nuggler. GB & LS definitely seem to be the teams to beat, however, if GB don't take home the chocolates this year serious questions need to be asked on performing when it matters.
Serious questions have to been asked already after loosing 3 of the past 4 GF. But so far the results are showing they along with LS are the sides that should play off come march

Spot On, if they don't win this yr, they probably never will

And Premakumara doesn't throw it, as Opener said, he slings it, which if Malinga can do, anyone can do

Open invitation to shortnwide to come down to greensborough and just see how medium paced the greensborough attack is! Tonight or Thursday 5:30 bring ya chest guard!

You're a joke full toss, no one at boro is quick enough to hurt anything. That cunningham bloke espically just bowls pies. Crawford and Meekins are good bowlers though, but not quick.

Fair dinkum some of u blokes banging on about quick bowlers. Ur lucky u weren't playing 10-15yrs ago when the 'serious' quicks were around. Anyone out there face Mohamed Ali from l.stars? McGinty, Keays, glynn, Chesterton, rosbrook! Anyway respect to all those training tonight. Don't miss that 1 bit..

Serious questions have to been asked already after loosing 3 of the past 4 GF. But so far the results are showing they along with LS are the sides that should play off come march

You are all clearly unaware of GBorough's long and famous history of underachievement (choking) in the HDCA which ultimately caused them to give up and move comps. Lost 4 semi's in a row before moving and have one maybe two first grade premiership in many decades, which for a so called big club is pitiful. Tried to check the exact number on their website but the "Our History" page is blank, which is pretty funny, but not surprising.

They were also well known in the 90's for having very high opinion's of themselves and for being very creative as square leg umpires.

So in summary big heads, cheats and chokers is how I remember them. Good to see not much has changed.

Fair dinkum some of u blokes banging on about quick bowlers. Ur lucky u weren't playing 10-15yrs ago when the 'serious' quicks were around. Anyone out there face Mohamed Ali from l.stars? McGinty, Keays, glynn, Chesterton, rosbrook! Anyway respect to all those training tonight. Don't miss that 1 bit..

Chesto was fun to face as a 16 year old bowler coming through the ranks. :/

You are all clearly unaware of GBorough's long and famous history of underachievement (choking) in the HDCA which ultimately caused them to give up and move comps. Lost 4 semi's in a row before moving and have one maybe two first grade premiership in many decades, which for a so called big club is pitiful. Tried to check the exact number on their website but the "Our History" page is blank, which is pretty funny, but not surprising.

They were also well known in the 90's for having very high opinion's of themselves and for being very creative as square leg umpires.

So in summary big heads, cheats and chokers is how I remember them. Good to see not much has changed.

Montanna,

Firstly you uneducated moron, Greensborough did not move comps due to "underachievement". If you look at where the HDCA is now, I believe that would answer your ridiculous assertion.
Greensborough did in fact lose a few Semi Finals before moving across, but if you'd like to get specific, they didn't even make the finals in their final year in the HDCA.
Clearly you have a Vendetta against Greensborough or have nothing better to do in your pitiful small life, as why would you bother commenting about their website when it is under construction.
Your comment about the 90's is completely laughable, as that was at least 13 yrs ago. 80% of the A grade side would have been Under 12's back then, so how does that have any relevance at all to the Money Shield Thread?
If you are going to accuse a current day side of cheating, which you insinuated, by comparing them to supposedly what happened in the 90's, you better have evidence to back it up.
So please do everyone a favour and name how the Current Greensborough side are cheats.

TLDR

pq6AcqD.jpg

Ho

So to say that is the reason they left the HDCA because it was too good for them or are you calling the DVCA a worse comp? But if you knew your stuff you'd notice the HDCA doesn't exist anymore... It's interesting that you call them cheats, any proof? Out of curiosity! MONTANNA YOUR MORE OF A FLOG than Cunningham and flacky together

Back