Money Shield 2013/2014

Three massive scores this week, and assuming the results entered are correct, all three sides lost the toss and were sent in.

Especially surprising from Eltham, they now need to chase 294, with BU breathing down their neck after posting a massive 354

Couldnt believe it when Eltham sent us in, was a awesome effort by the boys. Butera showing he's still got it with a faultless 100 even though he couldnt middle a ball.

Yep, tough day for the boys but its not even close to an unchaseable score. A couple of good partnerships, and a big score from a bloke or two (like Greensborough) and we get the runs. The ground will be faster this week with all this heat too.

Looking through the scores in all grades, there were a lot of sides sent in. I sent in the oppostition on Saturday too (Not knowing Gibbsy was going to). Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Yep just like you guys chased down 200 against Banyule ;)
294 is not unchaseable however it rarely gets chased down. Mind you it has been done by you guys once this year. Good Luck

290 against a few pie throwers from Monty is a bit easier than against the top team.

The difference between you and I is that I will back my side to win any game they play. You're happy to sledge your club (see above), I am not.

I have full confidence that we have the ability to chase down that total against the good bowling line up we will face thsi week.

The difference between you and I is that I will back my side to win any game they play. You're happy to sledge your club (see above), I am not.

I have full confidence that we have the ability to chase down that total against the good bowling line up we will face thsi week.
Mate there is more chance of pigs flying than you blokes getting within an inch of that score. Will be interesting to see what boro bowl that rabble out you call your club. From all reports on the weekend they dishes up a fair bit of crap in what is a season defining game for you. Overthrows, lack of respect the keeper throwing balls hear there and everywhere. Quite embarrassing if you ask me.

Mate there is more chance of pigs flying than you blokes getting within an inch of that score. Will be interesting to see what boro bowl that rabble out you call your club. From all reports on the weekend they dishes up a fair bit of crap in what is a season defining game for you. Overthrows, lack of respect the keeper throwing balls hear there and everywhere. Quite embarrassing if you ask me.

It has been done before and will happen again,whether it is this match or another we will see on Saturday but getting on here and giving them more motivation to do so by calling the club a "rabble" may prove to be a very silly thing to have done.
We'll batted by Mick and hopefully your bowlers back up the great effort by the batsman.

More motivation? Like cementing a spot in the 4 wasn't enough? A few words from myself and that's going to get the fire in the belly roaring. Please! Don't you worry the bowlers will back up the batting as they have done all season. And
I'll give you the hot tip right now. Etham all out 180, season finished slide out of the 4.

More motivation? Like cementing a spot in the 4 wasn't enough? A few words from myself and that's going to get the fire in the belly roaring. Please! Don't you worry the bowlers will back up the batting as they have done all season. And
I'll give you the hot tip right now. Etham all out 180, season finished slide out of the 4.
very lippy this time of year. Eltham are a very good side with some very handy batsman, last time i checked you fellas choked in the last few grand finals. so you can make big scores now but all that matters is your in the four by seasons end. and you maybe facing eltham when it really counts and history tells us that you guys shit ya pants

290 is to big a score for eltham to get unless Minney gets 140. Thats probably not unlikely with the shlte that cunningham throws up. no surprises that he made a duck on the weekend.

Average cricketer. Worse bloke

Eltham will probably still be in the 4 if they lose this week anyway.

Boro and Stars will finish top 2, that is the only certainty.

very lippy this time of year. Eltham are a very good side with some very handy batsman, last time i checked you fellas choked in the last few grand finals. so you can make big scores now but all that matters is your in the four by seasons end. and you maybe facing eltham when it really counts and history tells us that you guys shit ya pants

Far be it from me to defend Greensborough, but surely you'd rather make the Ganny, than not even make the final for three consecutive seasons, which is what Eltham may be facing if they lose this week, and then proceed to play Lalor Stars, Heidelberg and BU.

Very very tough draw for the Panthers.

Eltham will probably still be in the 4 if they lose this week anyway.

Boro and Stars will finish top 2, that is the only certainty.

Borough and Stars clearly the top, No one can surely dispute that claim now, I think BU will make it, and either Eltham or Heidelberg will miss out, could all come down to the final round to whether Eltham make it

290 is to big a score for eltham to get unless Minney gets 140. Thats probably not unlikely with the shlte that cunningham throws up. no surprises that he made a duck on the weekend.

Why are you so upset at him, we all know he bowls pies, but did one of these pies get you out, or did he give you a send off?

Or wait, don't tell me he actually made runs against you???

it is no surprise cunningham made a duck, after all he isnt a batsmen. he is picked as a bowler. he might throw down shite, but that shite is taking wickets on a consistent basis. everyone knows eltham are nothing without Minney, the bloke a class bat but he aint going to win this game for them as its even to big an ask for his talents. no disrespect. jason henderson you best crawl back into your hole with snowy and cuddle. while youre at it, take tongs as well because lets face it, you guys are living in a fantasy world. GB V LS end of conversation. nothing else matters this season!!

Why are you so upset at him, we all know he bowls pies, but did one of these pies get you out, or did he give you a send off?

Or wait, don't tell me he actually made runs against you???
you forget to mention average cricketer. worse bloke in your question. but ey the blokes a flog, and im sure he is getting a kick out of his name being spoken about. even if he made a Duck on the weekend

If Eltham come out of the big 3 games with their head above the water and sneak into the four they will go a long, long way to winning the flag. Nothing like momentum and wins against the odds going into a finals series, and if they can take 2 out of 3 my money is they win it. However in saying that, Greensy absolutely the favorites ATM, playing some really good cricket and it is theirs to lose.

Finals is a different ball game as the blokes from GB know all about

So if Eltham get smashed this week, and then get smashed by Lalor, but manage to beat Heidelberg and BU to sneak into the finals, you are saying you'd tip them?

Greensborough and Lalor might not lose another match, wouldn't you say they'd have stronger momentum over a team that sneaks in?

Barring a miracle Eltham would have to beat both Greensborough and Lalor, in a semi and then the gf to win the flag. I cannot see that happening.

Back