Money Shield 2017/18

What is the punishment if a team doesn't show up for a 2nd day of a game that has already reached it's conclusion? If it was just a fine you'd think you would pass the hat around if you were the Eltham and Lalor boys...

Reckon Plenty will want to make up for last games batting effort and avoid stumbling into the finals and BU will defend their total, however Henkel is due for a big one, and Mernda will chase down Research.

That means
Plenty
Hberg (depending on percentage but I dare say it will be better than Banyules if Plenty win)
Banyule
BU

Research relegated.

Plenty Vs Bu
Hberg Vs Banyule semi.

What is the punishment if a team doesn't show up for a 2nd day of a game that has already reached it's conclusion? If it was just a fine you'd think you would pass the hat around if you were the Eltham and Lalor boys...

Reckon Plenty will want to make up for last games batting effort and avoid stumbling into the finals and BU will defend their total, however Henkel is due for a big one, and Mernda will chase down Research.

That means
Plenty
Hberg (depending on percentage but I dare say it will be better than Banyules if Plenty win)
Banyule
BU

Research relegated.

Plenty Vs Bu
Hberg Vs Banyule semi.

Can't happen. It happened a few years ago, ironically involving Eltham College. The captain received and had to serve a 12 month suspension. Play must be played day 2.

Reckon it has happened recently, got a feeling it was deemed a forfeit so the sides lower grades were not eligible to play for points

Can't happen. It happened a few years ago, ironically involving Eltham College. The captain received and had to serve a 12 month suspension. Play must be played day 2.
Well if i was Bloomy I’d start booking a holiday for October. From all reports the Lalor boys have absolutely jumped off him in the second half of this year. I wonder where he goes next year...

I didn't think you had to actually bowl a ball day 2. If the batting teams declare immediately, there's nothing to stop the opposition declaring at 0/0 and giving an outright away. Perhaps not within the spirit of the game, but I don't think there's anything in the rules that says you can't.

I'm tipping Heidelberg will want to bat most of the day and may throw them back in but not sure an outright means anything if Banyule get done. Should be interesting when the LS boys realise they have to give Heidelberg batting practice until 4.30pm.

I didn't think you had to actually bowl a ball day 2. If the batting teams declare immediately, there's nothing to stop the opposition declaring at 0/0 and giving an outright away. Perhaps not within the spirit of the game, but I don't think there's anything in the rules that says you can't.

You must play day 2, you can't just agree on not playing. A number of years ago, Thomastown United declared their second innings half way through, to lose outright. Their reason was to save their % getting worse to try starve off relegation. It didn't work, they still went down.

But you'd be suspended no doubt if you did it again. It'd fall under brining the game into disrepute. And a contrived result.

Geez you blokes keep me amused;). Obviously it would have been nice if Eltham had not disintegrated on Saturday, but apparently when they lost the toss and were sent in, its been said the players reaction was as if someone had died. As much as a few on here think we’re a rabble, how about a club with their facility, location and financial opportunities struggling the way they do. Lucky Plenty had a bit of experimentation on the go last round, otherwise Eltham would be getting relegated as of 4pm Saturday. Anyway 7/151 off 66 with 7 overs to bat is not bad. Obviously could have been better, but squeeze another 25-30 out on Saturday would give Mernda a chase of 180 off 73 overs. Now my math tells me that in normal circumstances it would be more like a 200 score. Certainly defendable from our point of view and with obviously a bit more at stake, I’d hope a winning score. Anyway, keep up the good work with the humour and attempts at throwing a bit of bait out. I’ll try not to bite but geez, you blokes are pretty good:thumbsu: So far, Snowy to coach has made me laugh the most:D

Geez you blokes keep me amused;). Obviously it would have been nice if Eltham had not disintegrated on Saturday, but apparently when they lost the toss and were sent in, its been said the players reaction was as if someone had died. As much as a few on here think we’re a rabble, how about a club with their facility, location and financial opportunities struggling the way they do. Lucky Plenty had a bit of experimentation on the go last round, otherwise Eltham would be getting relegated as of 4pm Saturday. Anyway 7/151 off 66 with 7 overs to bat is not bad. Obviously could have been better, but squeeze another 25-30 out on Saturday would give Mernda a chase of 180 off 73 overs. Now my math tells me that in normal circumstances it would be more like a 200 score. Certainly defendable from our point of view and with obviously a bit more at stake, I’d hope a winning score. Anyway, keep up the good work with the humour and attempts at throwing a bit of bait out. I’ll try not to bite but geez, you blokes are pretty good:thumbsu: So far, Snowy to coach has made me laugh the most:D
The delusion, its beyond compare.

You take it out on Eltham that GT decided to go to a better club. You take it out on Eltham that GT was right in choosing Eltham and smart enough to get off a fast sinking ship. Not sure why you blame all your clubs embarrassments on another club.

As I said previously, start having a good hard look at yourself and the sad state your club is in, rather than playing the victim card and blaming everyone else. It's pathetic and getting really embarrassing for you.

You take it out on Eltham that GT decided to go to a better club. You take it out on Eltham that GT was right in choosing Eltham and smart enough to get off a fast sinking ship. Not sure why you blame all your clubs embarrassments on another club.

As I said previously, start having a good hard look at yourself and the sad state your club is in, rather than playing the victim card and blaming everyone else. It's pathetic and getting really embarrassing for you.
I think you make me laugh the most David. I don’t recall mentioning GT. Once again you choose to bring him into a conversation to suit your own agenda. Why do you have such a fascination with him? Are you trying to befriend him in the hope of recruiting him? My opinion of Eltham hasn’t changed in 25 years. Surely you can’t deny that they are gifted with some great opportunity with location, town centre, facilities ever expanding at great cost. They should be a power in the comp. Yeah, sure we have issues but fortunately it has nothing to do with being a rabble. Off field we are very well managed, a brand new 2 story social facility due to commence shortly, have great finances, great relationships across all demographics with all players from all sides enjoying each other’s company etc. The one thing we lack is depth in playing stocks. Most weeks we have 9 players under 21 in our ones, and while that might be great for the future it puts a lot of pressure on the current group. Now if we aren’t good enough to win on Saturday, and that obviously a possibility, yes we will be in Mash Shield next season but no ones going to “jump ship” and no ones going to jump on ‘big cricket’ on Sunday morning and waste their time with people that to be quite honest, need anonymity to find the miniscual ounce of courage they can muster. I can’t believe I’m saying this but I think you have the intelligence to recognise the facts Dave, but I think a small part of you likes the theatre of what goes on here and the degree of importance you think you derive. The only bloke on here that talks anything remotely relevant is ‘Bundoora’, Blackhawk does his best, the majority of the rest are pretty bloody sad individuals really who would be too scared to front anyone without their cloak of anonymity. Anyway it’s a free country, freedom of speech is one of the great benefits of our great country, so keep having a crack. I’ll take a sabbatical until, I don’t know, perhaps 6pm Saturday evening. Hopefully if I’m lucky I can avoid the Mash Shield 2018/19 forum :(

Once again, a conversation about your club gets turned around by you taking shots at Eltham. It's laughable. It's probably the only time I've been glad Eltham lost. Now hopefully Mernda can get the runs.

You have a go at people potting your club with anonymity. Yet you know exactly who I am, I don't hide it, and I'm telling you straight up, your club is rubbish. I don't care about your new rooms, they mean nothing. BU have terrible rooms and are still a highly respected club and players, with great supporters. So enjoy your great rooms, watching a standard of cricket that would be lucky to be competitive at best in Madh Shield.

Let me get this right. If you lose, you'll hide. If you win, you'll post. I don't know who is more spineless, you or your club.

Back