Money Shield 2017/18

I think you make me laugh the most David. I don’t recall mentioning GT. Once again you choose to bring him into a conversation to suit your own agenda. Why do you have such a fascination with him? Are you trying to befriend him in the hope of recruiting him? My opinion of Eltham hasn’t changed in 25 years. Surely you can’t deny that they are gifted with some great opportunity with location, town centre, facilities ever expanding at great cost. They should be a power in the comp. Yeah, sure we have issues but fortunately it has nothing to do with being a rabble. Off field we are very well managed, a brand new 2 story social facility due to commence shortly, have great finances, great relationships across all demographics with all players from all sides enjoying each other’s company etc. The one thing we lack is depth in playing stocks. Most weeks we have 9 players under 21 in our ones, and while that might be great for the future it puts a lot of pressure on the current group. Now if we aren’t good enough to win on Saturday, and that obviously a possibility, yes we will be in Mash Shield next season but no ones going to “jump ship” and no ones going to jump on ‘big cricket’ on Sunday morning and waste their time with people that to be quite honest, need anonymity to find the miniscual ounce of courage they can muster. I can’t believe I’m saying this but I think you have the intelligence to recognise the facts Dave, but I think a small part of you likes the theatre of what goes on here and the degree of importance you think you derive. The only bloke on here that talks anything remotely relevant is ‘Bundoora’, Blackhawk does his best, the majority of the rest are pretty bloody sad individuals really who would be too scared to front anyone without their cloak of anonymity. Anyway it’s a free country, freedom of speech is one of the great benefits of our great country, so keep having a crack. I’ll take a sabbatical until, I don’t know, perhaps 6pm Saturday evening. Hopefully if I’m lucky I can avoid the Mash Shield 2018/19 forum :(
How good to see that scum club go down, Ross Davies thinking he is a hero going to weekly games and yelling out for his son. Shit club, shit culture. Bangers and mash baby!!!
d0be3d72855b7bc3180e3690bceb9c31.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

How good to see that scum club go down, Ross Davies thinking he is a hero going to weekly games and yelling out for his son. Shit club, shit culture. Bangers and mash baby!!!
d0be3d72855b7bc3180e3690bceb9c31.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Posting for the first time in 30 odd months to have a crack says more about you than it does Research.

Can't cop those who wouldn't say in person what they post on this site (tongs excluded and possibly serge who i don't know personally)

This forum was once used to discuss the actual cricket believe it or not, hopefully that can become the norm over the next few weeks. Good luck to all involved

Posting for the first time in 30 odd months to have a crack says more about you than it does Research.

Can't cop those who wouldn't say in person what they post on this site (tongs excluded and possibly serge who i don't know personally)

This forum was once used to discuss the actual cricket believe it or not, hopefully that can become the norm over the next few weeks. Good luck to all involved
Generally the best time of year on here is around finals where some cricket is discussed

Looking forward to this week 2 cracking finals coming up.

Couldn’t agree more Bundoora, for someone(the fluff) to have a crack at a 17 year olds father on here is pathetic and uncalled for. Hopefully the standard of posting picks up because it’s been a cracking season and there’s plenty of good topics which deserve more discussion rather than personal or club vendettas which people seem to be getting off on.

Alright lets look at the big games this week, and get some tips from people.

Plenty v Bundoora United
I am rapt for Bundoora United to sneak into the four in the last round, but I just can't see them getting it done against Plenty.I can't see anyone beating them at this stage of the year (although if I picked one of the three to upset them, it would be BU). Both teams are very well oiled bowling sides and restrict the opposition runs really well, that could make for a very tight low scoring game. THrow in finals pressure and it could throw up a funny result. Ill take plenty, just.

Heidelberg v Banyule
Both teams been there abouts for most of the season. Banyule have been batting strong this year, and Heidelberg's strength would be their bowling. Last time they played, Banyule lost 2/0 to lose by 5 runs in the second last over.. I can't see that happening this time, I think they will get the job done in another close final.

Alright lets look at the big games this week, and get some tips from people.

Plenty v Bundoora United
I am rapt for Bundoora United to sneak into the four in the last round, but I just can't see them getting it done against Plenty.I can't see anyone beating them at this stage of the year (although if I picked one of the three to upset them, it would be BU). Both teams are very well oiled bowling sides and restrict the opposition runs really well, that could make for a very tight low scoring game. THrow in finals pressure and it could throw up a funny result. Ill take plenty, just.

Heidelberg v Banyule
Both teams been there abouts for most of the season. Banyule have been batting strong this year, and Heidelberg's strength would be their bowling. Last time they played, Banyule lost 2/0 to lose by 5 runs in the second last over.. I can't see that happening this time, I think they will get the job done in another close final.

Plenty vs Bundoora United
For me this game will be the big upset. From what I’ve seen Bundooras form of late has been huge, and their dismantle of Lower was textbook. It will go down to the wire but look for a huge game from Gunny and Barnett to steer them home in a last over thriller.

Banuyle vs Heidelberg:
Been a lot of talk about Banuyle and there back part of the year but I think that is all on the shoulders of Occa. Get him early and I think there’s not much there that will trouble you. With Cashen and Whitch having 400+ run years and Ridewood playing again, they could be too strong. Happy to be proven wrong though that’s for sure

Looking forward to watching some good local cricket in the game between Banyule and Heidelberg. Neither side has a single 'international' and both sides are made up almost entirely from their own club juniors.

Similar for us at BU OGNick. I think 7 or 8 of our current 1's guys were junior players at BU, although we do have an import.

Looking forward to watching some good local cricket in the game between Banyule and Heidelberg. Neither side has a single 'international' and both sides are made up almost entirely from their own club juniors.

I think you’ll find that bar Kenroy and Scona (and Darren has played at Plenty for over 10 years now) our whole side has played juniors at Plenty as well...

Would have thought brining international cricketers into the comp would be looked at in a positive light

Back