Money Shield 2017/18

Hannan is not a bat, I don't see Banyule making it. I wouldn't be surprised if Eltham chase 280 either, Heidelberg missing a few bowlers and Turns is due for a big one. Skips might nudge a couple too.
He might not be a recognised bat but he is no slouch either. All he needs to do is hang in there.

Word out of Panther Place is that the Eltham boys won the toss and put Heidelberg in on the belief an outright win was pending.
Should be interesting, Elthams strength lies with there batting and Heidelberg look like they will struggle with the ball this year..
Aside from that, Lower Plenty looks to have gotten off to a slow start... Henks really earning that $700 a game from what I've heard..

Should be interesting, Elthams strength lies with there batting and Heidelberg look like they will struggle with the ball this year..
Aside from that, Lower Plenty looks to have gotten off to a slow start... Henks really earning that $700 a game from what I've heard..
That's true but don't let the scoreboard reflect the facts.
Heidelberg can't bat to save themselves (bar a couple) and there is not much in the bowling stocks to trouble the top teams. Will not make finals.
What's happened to their bowling? Couldn't make 180 last year let alone 280, Whitch adds some much needed talent to their batting and Stewart is a good pickup. If those 3 can have consistent years they'll go better than originally thought.

What's happened to their bowling? Couldn't make 180 last year let alone 280, Whitch adds some much needed talent to their batting and Stewart is a good pickup. If those 3 can have consistent years they'll go better than originally thought.
Couldn't agree more, it seems Heidelberg saw their weakness was batting so went and got Whitch who is a gun bat as evidenced by 132. 280 is a lot of runs so hard to see Eltham chasing that down without Chrimes x2 and Lamont

Adam Dale played his last game yesterday. Actually would of been nice for him to finish in Round 9, back where it all began. Great career and hopefully see him back up on the hill one day soon:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Last edited:
Pepper the pig i suspect bats around 5 or 6 for rosebank and is an ex Heidelberg player. Probably still keeps a keen eye on former clubs and rivals.
Spot on Serg....Summed up precisely. Always keeping an eye and keen follower. Would love to see the Bergs do well, only played there half my life...

Back