Money Shield 2017/18

Plenty were on top early in the day despite losing Connelly early. Johnson was clean bowled by Fotinopolous after looking very solid when the score was on 63. Zull then joined Smith and the pair put on 60 odd and seemed to be in control but after a serious of maidens and slow scoring Smith ran himself out. Peters came in blazing like I remember Sir Viv and looked like he was keen to get on with the job but a return chance to Fotinopolous from Zull saw the ball deflect onto the stumps and Peters was tragically run out. From the Smith dismissal Heidelberg then took 6/24. The last pair of Barclay and Gavin batted smartly and put on 21 until Barclay was run out in the last over. Heidelberg's bowlers just seemed to do what they have done all year and that is strangle the batsmen and wait for the mistake. Ridewood coming back into the team after Christmas has clearly been a major addition to the bergs bowling. I think he bowled 25 or 30 overs yesterday and ended up with 3fa. The 165 is a competitive score and the Heidelberg bats will have a few nervous sleeps during the week.
You sound like a really passionate man, hopefully for your sake the Berger boys can get it done! No doubt you’ll be having a few nervous sleeps aswell..

Plenty were on top early in the day despite losing Connelly early. Johnson was clean bowled by Fotinopolous after looking very solid when the score was on 63. Zull then joined Smith and the pair put on 60 odd and seemed to be in control but after a serious of maidens and slow scoring Smith ran himself out. Peters came in blazing like I remember Sir Viv and looked like he was keen to get on with the job but a return chance to Fotinopolous from Zull saw the ball deflect onto the stumps and Peters was tragically run out. From the Smith dismissal Heidelberg then took 6/24. The last pair of Barclay and Gavin batted smartly and put on 21 until Barclay was run out in the last over. Heidelberg's bowlers just seemed to do what they have done all year and that is strangle the batsmen and wait for the mistake. Ridewood coming back into the team after Christmas has clearly been a major addition to the bergs bowling. I think he bowled 25 or 30 overs yesterday and ended up with 3fa. The 165 is a competitive score and the Heidelberg bats will have a few nervous sleeps during the week.
Will Cashen be needing the “Chopper” this Saturday?

W
Hearing rumours he was flown in/out (not sure which) by helicopter to play and attend a wedding the same day. All fully paid for. Which was a few thousand dollars.

Was he allowed a sub. If yes, who allowed it? Not injured, imo no sub! Thoughts

I'm guessing that requests for subs need to happen before the start of play not mid game..

I'd argue the opposite, only reason you get one is if a player is injured during the match

I'd have no dramas if a bloke was running a little late cos he's been stuck at work etc... but as an opposing skipper, I wouldn't be happy for the umpires to grant one for a bloke who was leaving early to attend a wedding.

I'd argue the opposite, only reason you get one is if a player is injured during the match

I'd have no dramas if a bloke was running a little late cos he's been stuck at work etc... but as an opposing skipper, I wouldn't be happy for the umpires to grant one for a bloke who was leaving early to attend a wedding.
As opposing skipper who has requested a sub fielder I don't think I would mind?

I'm the same. It's a Grand Final, I'm not giving the opposition a sniff. No sub fielder for a bloke going to a wedding, no way I the worldly would I have agreed to that.

$5k is a lot of money to pay to have a guy leave. Can't help but want him to get duck, and see what the "sponsor" thinks.

I'm the same. It's a Grand Final, I'm not giving the opposition a sniff. No sub fielder for a bloke going to a wedding, no way I the worldly would I have agreed to that.

$5k is a lot of money to pay to have a guy leave. Can't help but want him to get duck, and see what the "sponsor" thinks.

Plenty requested for a sub for Johnson, so both teams agreed and happy for sub fielders. If Plenty didn't need a sub, I'd agree it would take some convincing to allow it but in this particular case it seems both clubs are happy.

Did some asking around and it was their major sponsor who covered it so you can remove your cool little commas, apparently the guy gets a bit of use out of the copter so not sure 5k is correct either .

Plenty agreed so whatever you would do is superfluous to this discussion, I hope he gets a ton and flies the shield back to Heidelberg, tell the boys at panther place to stand on ground and look up to the sky, as close as those flogs are gonna get to it .

Did some asking around and it was their major sponsor who covered it so you can remove your cool little commas, apparently the guy gets a bit of use out of the copter so not sure 5k is correct either .

Plenty agreed so whatever you would do is superfluous to this discussion, I hope he gets a ton and flies the shield back to Heidelberg, tell the boys at panther place to stand on ground and look up to the sky, as close as those flogs are gonna get to it .

This is a forum purely for discussions, so anything anyone wants to contribute to topics is fine. I was merely contributing to a posters comment.

You do realise I'm not at Eltham anymore? So you saying that about Eltham is "superfluous" to the topic. Did you like that use of the cool commas?

This is a forum purely for discussions, so anything anyone wants to contribute to topics is fine. I was merely contributing to a posters comment.

You do realise I'm not at Eltham anymore? So you saying that about Eltham is "superfluous" to the topic. Did you like that use of the cool commas?

I like it a lot . Yes I’m aware you’re not there but was hoping you could pass on the message .
Now why not elaborate on what you were implying with those cool commas of yours .

I’m waiting for you to delete this comment now Tongs Tongs
Artie just handed your ass to you..

Back