Money Shield 2017/18

I like it a lot . Yes I’m aware you’re not there but was hoping you could pass on the message .
Now why not elaborate on what you were implying with those cool commas of yours .

Your swipe at a club that I am not affiliated with, nor do they have anything to do with the topic, is quite pathetic. Man up and do it yourself, 94398175 there's their phone number.

Your swipe at a club that I am not affiliated with, nor do they have anything to do with the topic, is quite pathetic. Man up and do it yourself, 94398175 there's their phone number.
Haha I don’t think anyone will answer mate their season is over . To act as though You have no affiliation or connection to eltham is just a bit silly isn’t it? I wonder if I made the
Swipe at any other club you’re actually not affiliated with you’d get so upset

Haha I don’t think anyone will answer mate their season is over . To act as though You have no affiliation or connection to eltham is just a bit silly isn’t it? I wonder if I made the
Swipe at any other club you’re actually not affiliated with you’d get so upset

I'm not upset in the slightest, merely pointing out it was an irrelevant thing to say.

I'm the same. It's a Grand Final, I'm not giving the opposition a sniff. No sub fielder for a bloke going to a wedding, no way I the worldly would I have agreed to that.

$5k is a lot of money to pay to have a guy leave. Can't help but want him to get duck, and see what the "sponsor" thinks.
What a miserable last paragraph that was. What a poor tortured soul you must be.
He had an immediate family wedding in Echuca, the only way he could possibly get there (and play in the GF) was to fly. He missed the ceremony, but was there in time for family photos and the wedding.

The club funded the cost not a 'sponsor'. To my knowledge, Cashen does not receive a single cent for playing or incentives. The cost was under $1K. Mitch Johnson's misses is expecting a baby that day so I can only assume that was raised before the toss and two mature captains agreed on the situation/s.

I assume Tongs you have never captained a team before and therefore unfamiliar Spirit of Cricket?

What a miserable last paragraph that was. What a poor tortured soul you must be.
He had an immediate family wedding in Echuca, the only way he could possibly get there (and play in the GF) was to fly. He missed the ceremony, but was there in time for family photos and the wedding.

The club funded the cost not a 'sponsor'. To my knowledge, Cashen does not receive a single cent for playing or incentives. The cost was under $1K. Mitch Johnson's misses is expecting a baby that day so I can only assume that was raised before the toss and two mature captains agreed on the situation/s.

I assume Tongs you have never captained a team before and therefore unfamiliar Spirit of Cricket?

Your assumptions are wrong.

I actually don't begrudge what Heidelberg have done at all. For the record, I'd 100% do the exact same thing if I were in the same position. Not if the costs were what I was told. But if I were on the receiving end, then I'd be saying no dice. You're fielding one short.

Your assumptions are wrong.

I actually don't begrudge what Heidelberg have done at all. For the record, I'd 100% do the exact same thing if I were in the same position. Not if the costs were what I was told. But if I were on the receiving end, then I'd be saying no dice. You're fielding one short.
Clarification. Johnno's partner/wife due to give birth THIS Saturday not last weekend. So Tongs, if he was to leave the ground at some stage to attend the birth of his child, would you, with all your worldly experience stand in the middle of the ground and say; Sub fielder? No dice.

Lucky they batted first, what would he have done if he was out there batting and the game was in the balance? Walked off? You take the risk of playing, how is that the oppositions problem. Suck it up and field one short I say.

Lucky they batted first, what would he have done if he was out there batting and the game was in the balance? Walked off? You take the risk of playing, how is that the oppositions problem. Suck it up and field one short I say.
That's funny whitesparrow. If they batted, he might have been 140+ by 4.30pm. But hey, we should not be talking hypotheticals.

Just to clarify Mitch’s partner was actually due to have a baby last Wednesday and is still expecting. Both clubs agreed to having a sub if required.

However we also had 2 blokes in the same position in the 2nds Grand Final who’s partners were due. One of the blokes wives went into labour 5am Saturday morning. banyule to their credit were happy to allow a sub if we required it....

Last edited:
If an opposition captain came to me in GF and asked for a sub because they knowingly played a bloke who might have to take off half way through the game, my answer would be; no. Allowing a team to get away with such a thing is just....soft.

In any case, if someone was playing when their missus went into labor, you might as well stay on the field rather than get screamed at for 5 hours about how you did this to her or something. lol

If an opposition captain came to me in GF and asked for a sub because they knowingly played a bloke who might have to take off half way through the game, my answer would be; no. Allowing a team to get away with such a thing is just....soft.

In any case, if someone was playing when their missus went into labor, you might as well stay on the field rather than get screamed at for 5 hours about how you did this to her or something. lol
funny thing is we have all these negativity regarding sub fielders in local cricket. Yet when you analyze it, a sub fielder doesn’t give the other team any advantage whatsoever. All it does is it allows an even contest. A sub cannot bat or bowl so why are we so hung up on denying the opportunity to compete at an even level?

Blackhawk you will never be faced in the position of where you will need to see the birth of a child or leave a cricket game so I don’t really expect you to understand

stupid question isnt there a 12th man?

Actually not a stupid question. I would of thought both teams would of named 12th men, being a GF. I know in the past competing teams have.

Yes I am sure that both teams did name one, that isn't the debate. 12th men are ultimately there in case of injury or to use for a player to go to the toilet etc. Not to leave the ground to go do something else that they knowingly had pre-planned. Its a debate that pops up each year, and there are no right or wrong answers I guess, everyone has differing views.

I'm the same. It's a Grand Final, I'm not giving the opposition a sniff. No sub fielder for a bloke going to a wedding, no way I the worldly would I have agreed to that.

$5k is a lot of money to pay to have a guy leave. Can't help but want him to get duck, and see what the "sponsor" thinks.

The sponsor owns the chopper so the cost was significantly lower than the $5k thrown around. Even if he makes a duck i think the sponsor will be happy knowing he has helped out giving the berg guys the best opportunity to win. Hopefully mitch's missus has the baby during the week so he can play, looks like it's set up to be a good gf.

Yes I am sure that both teams did name one, that isn't the debate. 12th men are ultimately there in case of injury or to use for a player to go to the toilet etc. Not to leave the ground to go do something else that they knowingly had pre-planned. Its a debate that pops up each year, and there are no right or wrong answers I guess, everyone has differing views.
I'm sure Johnno knowingly pre-planned this to happen GF weekend!

I'm sure Johnno knowingly pre-planned this to happen GF weekend!

That comment wasn't in reference to Johnno or the game, it was in reference to the two comments I replied to. Johnno's situation would be an unforeseen situation, which is totally different to knowing you have to leave at X time.

Can’t help but feel for the Plenty & Berg boys who will most likely have to come back Sunday to play! Surely after this calamity it will be a Saturday Sunday granny next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another farce in the Valley

Pissed up a perfectly good Sunday last week, to stoke the egos of a few. Not only potentially costing teams premierships, but in Heidelberg and Greensborough's case.... promotion.

Back