Money Shield 2019/2020

- Lower GF to relegation.
- Mernda move up into the top 4
- Banyule Grand Final
- Elthams fate depends on the availability of Dad's army. Are they playing?

Lower will probably hang on to their MS spot, agree with Todd, Mill Park would be the favourite for the wooden spoon. There appears to be daylight between them and the rest of the field and with Greensborough already back where they belong in Mash, well I can't see it being anyone else.

Will be a tough season for Lower but their set up seems pretty good. It will be interesting to see how some of the younger ones go in the 1s. Performed well in their twos the last few years and will now have a chance to perform

Will be a tough season for Lower but their set up seems pretty good. It will be interesting to see how some of the younger ones go in the 1s. Performed well in their twos the last few years and will now have a chance to perform
With their twos being in the Father&Son division (D grade) last season, I cant see too many batsman/bowlers who are going to trouble many in Money Shield..

- Lower GF to relegation.
- Mernda move up into the top 4
- Banyule Grand Final
- Elthams fate depends on the availability of Dad's army. Are they playing?

Top 4: Banyule, BU, Mont & Eltham
Banyule to beat BU in the GF
Lower, OP and Mill Park will all be in the relegation battle. Leaning towards OP.

Lower with 1 remaining player from the GF losing team last year. (BA Jenkins)
Team has 7 players from their winning D Grade Grade final team.

How good was D Grade versus how bad is Money Shield. All will be revealed in the coming weeks.

Nice work from Lower day 1, good start to the season after a less than ideal off-season.
They went about it nicely. Bill making 90 odd is obviously handy but I think some of their young kids will provide some good support throughout the year and they’ll be competitive.

Hindsight will probably show this to be a very positive move for the club into the future.

Back