MONEY SHIELD 23/24

Who will win Money Shield this season?

• Total voters
Was taking my dog “Alice” for a walk around Eltham Lower park this morning. As the 1st game finished early I thought I’d watch the only other cricket available in the 3rds.

What I saw was an absolute clinic of the bat. L. Pearson from Lower Eltham came out and pounded a 50 in 20 odd balls. As I lifted my jaw in astonishment I asked around the club and apparently he was offered a few country cricket contracts for North Bronson Town but refused due to his expanding DVD reselling business. The 1st XI are eying him off but apparently enjoys a few rum and cokes and doesn’t want to commit.

one to watch
How'd the one day comp get a mention in the money shield comp. Enjoy beating up kids Lachy 👍

Was taking my dog “Alice” for a walk around Eltham Lower park this morning. As the 1st game finished early I thought I’d watch the only other cricket available in the 3rds.

What I saw was an absolute clinic of the bat. L. Pearson from Lower Eltham came out and pounded a 50 in 20 odd balls. As I lifted my jaw in astonishment I asked around the club and apparently he was offered a few country cricket contracts for North Bronson Town but refused due to his expanding DVD reselling business. The 1st XI are eying him off but apparently enjoys a few rum and cokes and doesn’t want to commit.

one to watch
Nice man

How'd the one day comp get a mention in the money shield comp. Enjoy beating up kids Lachy 👍
Sorry Cricket Master but as I thought i adequately explained I was on my routine walk with “Alice” and planned to watch Lower in their money sheild outing. As I explained Lower Eltham were all out and it was the only cricket available. As “Alice” requires an adequate time outside (we live in an apartment with minimum run around area) I thought I’d hang around and watch the cricket on hand.
I’d assure you no kids were bowling, I’d be surprised if there wasn’t 3 or 4 local clubs making phone calls to secure (if not Sheffield) the said players service prior to clearances closing.
Maybe this admin could make a forum for cricket enthusiasts like me to discuss 1 day cricket.

Plenty comfortably the best side on paper, Lower Eltham might be a smokey after they picked up a few of Camrea’s better players
Lower Eltham’s new boys may only be temporarily acquired as there is another appeal by Camrea which they are very confident of winning.

I think the even nature of the top 6 sides means it will be anyone’s game on any given day. One thing that will be 100% worth fighting for is the right to host a home Grand Final as the rules were changed this off season

I know it's not the right forum but it's already affecting our comp with the camrea player joining LE and he might not be the only one, what the bloody hell is going on over in jika?? Camrea played the first two and a half games and now have folded and there's a bye in the top flight over there???

I know it's not the right forum but it's already affecting our comp with the camrea player joining LE and he might not be the only one, what the bloody hell is going on over in jika?? Camrea played the first two and a half games and now have folded and there's a bye in the top flight over there???
Jika is a joke of a comp. To have only 7 sides in top flight over there is ridiculous. Only a matter of time when Rivergum come across to dvca. They are probably regretting not coming over already.

Jika is a joke of a comp. To have only 7 sides in top flight over there is ridiculous. Only a matter of time when Rivergum come across to dvca. They are probably regretting not coming over already.

Nah we're good thanks.
Happy with our fixture, happy with our coloured clothes, happy with our supply of balls, happy to have a comp president and happy with a bye in the top grade if it means weeding out problem clubs.

Nah we're good thanks.
Happy with our fixture, happy with our coloured clothes, happy with our supply of balls, happy to have a comp president and happy with a bye in the top grade if it means weeding out problem clubs.
Only problem is you won’t have a comp in 10 years…

Yes the DVCA might have some administrative issues at the moment, but remember this. A competition is only as good as the people / clubs competing in it

Only problem is you won’t have a comp in 10 years…

Yes the DVCA might have some administrative issues at the moment, but remember this. A competition is only as good as the people / clubs competing in it
And like previously stated , Rivergum would be the only team good enough to come across that fall within the DVCA proximities. The rest would have to fend for themselves.

I’d argue Rivergum, Holy Trinity, Reservoir and Dennis could come across and make 32 teams. Restructure to 4 shields of 8 teams with a shield reserves and reserves reserves (3’s). Everyone’s 4’s and onwards get regraded in the new B grade and below. Solves all the problems of the lower grades and uneven competition, makes fixturing easier and prevents 3’s playing 6’s etc

I’d argue Rivergum, Holy Trinity, Reservoir and Dennis could come across and make 32 teams. Restructure to 4 shields of 8 teams with a shield reserves and reserves reserves (3’s). Everyone’s 4’s and onwards get regraded in the new B grade and below. Solves all the problems of the lower grades and uneven competition, makes fixturing easier and prevents 3’s playing 6’s etc
Take Rivergum. The rest they can keep

Back