More Woes For Sri Lankan Cricket

troll3y

Twenty-three players have been 'locked out' of Sri Lankan cricket due to ongoing contract disputes. Eerily, it's four years to the day of the terrorist attack on the team bus in Pakistan.

I've heard enough uncles blaggarding the Board, the President and the politics, and insinuating corruption and nepotism. "Everyone knows it happens, and it has always been like that", but now the SLC has gone broke and I'm not sure if the Board will know how to handle it.

This could be a big problem.

Twenty-three players have been 'locked out' of Sri Lankan cricket due to ongoing contract disputes. Eerily, it's four years to the day of the terrorist attack on the team bus in Pakistan.

I've heard enough uncles blaggarding the Board, the President and the politics, and insinuating corruption and nepotism. "Everyone knows it happens, and it has always been like that", but now the SLC has gone broke and I'm not sure if the Board will know how to handle it.

This could be a big problem.

Oh dear. Might be another West Indies situation.

They're expecting a positive result today (Monday), but still no word at 3:30pm SLT. Sanath Jayasuriya has indicated that the players will sign, and I only hope that becomes official by the end of the day.

They're expecting a positive result today (Monday), but still no word at 3:30pm SLT. Sanath Jayasuriya has indicated that the players will sign, and I only hope that becomes official by the end of the day.

What was the result in the end? Its a sad state of affairs when Cricket suffers like this no matter which country it is in.

All was sorted without problem. There was something about "[the board's] refusal to pay 25% of its earnings from ICC events [to the players] as they have done since 2003 ... to compensate players for the use of their image by the ICC and its sponsors". I'm not sure how that was negotiated, but it was negotiated and that's ultimately all that matters.

All was sorted without problem. There was something about "[the board's] refusal to pay 25% of its earnings from ICC events [to the players] as they have done since 2003 ... to compensate players for the use of their image by the ICC and its sponsors". I'm not sure how that was negotiated, but it was negotiated and that's ultimately all that matters.

Thanks, I tried the old big G news and didnt find anything at the time. Interesting outcome, especially as it was negotiated as you say! Will be interesting to see if anything else crops up.

Back