MOVIES/TV

Sounds good to me Richie 👍
Thomas will join in, hopefully Renegadesfan Renegadesfan will too.

The latest film I watched was Weekend At Bernies, it's an oldish film but I prefer the oldish type rather than the modern stuff.

How do we start a quiz Richie? 🤗

Sounds good to me Richie 👍
Thomas will join in, hopefully Renegadesfan Renegadesfan will too.

The latest film I watched was Weekend At Bernies, it's an oldish film but I prefer the oldish type rather than the modern stuff.

How do we start a quiz Richie? 🤗
I had a fetish for classic comedies last year so went to my extensive film library to scout out Planes, Train and Automobiles, WAB, The Out of Towners, plus the Monty Python films and the best John Candy and Dan Aykroyd classics. I laffed for a month as I satisfied my funny bone.

Last edited:
I had a fetish for classic comedies last year so went to my extensive film library to scout out Planes, Train and Automobiles, WAB, The Out of Towners, plus the Monty Python films and the best John Candy and Dan Aykroyd classics. I laffed for a month as I satisfied my funny bone.
I love John Candy, such a shame he died so young. He could be my Uncle Buck anytime 😍

PTAA is a good film, I find the ending very sad though when it's revealed that Dels wife has died and he now lives on the road.

Last edited:
I'll give a synopsis of a film now 🤗

2 American characters dress up as chickens to promote a bank, but they end up being charged with robbing the bank and going to prison??? 🕵️

I'll give a synopsis of a film now 🤗

2 American characters dress up as chickens to promote a bank, but they end up being charged with robbing the bank and going to prison??? 🕵
It is one I have not seen.

You have not seen the Monty Python films. Prefered them over the tv series.

Seen this one? One of my fav films.

dkqwuvo5iuw.jpg

Hmmm.......can we have a little clue please 🕵
Those who have seen this film will recognise the character with his make-up immediately. The film discusses the question of whether you'd have to sell your soul in order to be successful in any dictatorial regime here exemplified by the Third Reich and the world of the theatre? Brilliant 1980s Hungarian movie based on a German novel.

Last edited:
No, it's Mephisto directed by István Szabó and based on the same-titled novel by Klaus Mann and starring Klaus Maria Brandauer who also played a villain in a James Bond movie. I read the book not long ago. The cover shows Brandauer with his movie makeup again.
Mephisto.jpg

Back