My Batting

Jonesy

My Batting

Hey guys.

In my team last season I came in at 4. I got 140 runs for 7 outs @ an average of 20. My highest score was 36 not out where I was really in touch but our overs were up too soon so I couldn't go on. At this level 20 not that great but an alright/pretty good average because yeh I dunno but yeh it just is!

I wouldn't say I'm a really confident batsman, but I would say I'm definitely a confidence batsman, if you get what I mean, like once I get my confidence up out there I will do really well.

I can absolutely tonk the ball against the bowling machine with drives, it's a really great feeling. I haven't done it in a game yet because when I found out I could really tonk drives it was finals so it was no time to be trying new stuff.

But yeh, in games I'm really a slow batsman because I struggle to find gaps and get runs and all that. I want to score some big scores this season, although I'm bottom age in u16s but yeh.

Any suggestions on batting more aggressively and getting my confidence up early and basically just getting those runs. I have alright technique but I just don't know how to get runs tooooooooooooo well. I think I just need to loosen up and take risks but yeh.

Thanks.

Re: My Batting

Start growing and those sixes will come in no time.

Fail that, study the field beforehand and look where the gaps are, and in T20 cricket there are always going to be gaps. Try and work on all shots on a bowling machine, both back foot and front foot.

Back