my run-up

• Thread starter imported_MarkMiller93
  • Start date
I

imported_MarkMiller93

my run-up

umm...
i need some help in my run-up.
i have a 12/14 step run-up but playing on bad grounds concidering im in u/15s...
im always doing my run-ups in ditches and slippery wet grass.
very hard for me to get up a good pace and rattle batters with about 20km/h faster balls then what im bowling.
any suggestions on what i should do?
thanks.

Re: my run-up

firstly depending wich type of pitch your playing on buy some proper cricket shoes if you havn't done so already. If your playing on Synthetic pitches (e.g concrete or astroturf) buy rubber studded shoes, i find the ones with the most grip to be the Pumas. If you play on Turf Buy some spiked soled shoes but make sure theyre interchangeable to blanks aswell.

I had the same problem with the ditches in my run-up, I used to have a box of sawdust in the boot of my dads car and before each game started i ran through my run-up and filled the ditches with the sawdust, and asked the umpire if i could put a mound of sawdust about halfway to the boundary behind the stumps.

If however you find that there is a ditch that runs right along your bowling run-up it might sometimes be helpfull to bowl around the wicket. But before you go to around the wicket make sure that the ditch severley affects your run-up because you can offer more leg-side shots and kill your chances at an LBW
Hope that helps

Back