Nasty Cricket

nastyneil

Nasty Cricket

Guys I need your opinions....

These are the provisional items in my first ever range of equipment.

Any thoughts or ideas on improvement??

Thanks
Neil
n713242386_1541859_3517.jpg

n713242386_1541845_4688.jpg

n713242386_1541847_5555.jpg

n713242386_1541846_5116.jpg

Re: Nasty Cricket

Not a fan of the colours at all, CJI use the same colour scheme and for me it gives the illusion of cheap.

Also too many logo's on the pads, scrap the top hat logo. Stickers don't look the best quality either, I guess they're made in the Sub-Continent? I'd stick to a company in the UK, maybe get some chrome in there.

imported_evo;267252 said:
Not a fan of the colours at all, CJI use the same colour scheme and for me it gives the illusion of cheap.

Also too many logo's on the pads, scrap the top hat logo. Stickers don't look the best quality either, I guess they're made in the Sub-Continent? I'd stick to a company in the UK, maybe get some chrome in there.

Colours have always been my choice - They are complementary colours after all!

Which stickers do you mean? The ones on the gloves and pads?? Not sure what effect that will have.

And as for chrome....err....on the gloves? Is that not chrome? And I actually wanted to stay away from too much chrome, as I didn't want to be seen to be copying Woodworm as a lot of indepedants have seemed to do.

Thanks for the comments though.

Neil

nastyneil;267241 said:

Thanks
Neil

Hey Neil

I think they look good, what sort of weight are the pads and gloves?

Do they come in other colors ?

The Wizz;267382 said:
nastyneil;267241 said:

Thanks
Neil

Hey Neil

I think they look good, what sort of weight are the pads and gloves?

Do they come in other colors ?

The Pads are very light weight, completely HD foam. I also have Boom pads see below. These are a little more standard weight though as they have both HD foam and cane padding.
n713242386_1397468_8999.jpg

The Blaster gloves are also very light. The boom gloves are the more traditional sausage style. These I was thinking of having done all white, and I can still do so if necessary.
The pads also have removeable padding on the back so they can be kept sweat free!

Prices will be:
Bats
Blaster Grade 1 - 110.00
Boom Grade 2 - 85.00

Pads
Blaster - 32.00
Boom - 28.00

Gloves
Blaster - 30.00
Boom - 25.00

Thanks
Neil

Bat stickers look poorly finished I mean, look at Newbery and Puma both quality stickers and they're made in the UK. I get mine done in the Uk, purely as the quality is there. Lets face it with sales coming online you need to look like you have quality gear, whilst keeping prices cheap. I think your pricing is spot on for a new brand and competitive however if the gear doesn't look top notch it won't shift; there's lots of brands competing in the same market as yours.

Yellow and blue just gives the illusion of cheapness to me, maybe it's Ikea or maybe it's CJI who have given me that impression. Your site seems to utilise Red and Green a lot, maybe those colours may be worth looking at as you need to establish and maintain an identity. Also Yellow and Blue aren't complementary colours.

I kind of agree with Evo that the blue and yellow looks a little odd but that is just my personal taste, I'm sure that other will find them more attractive.

Without handling the pads/gloves it's hard to give an honet appraisal but they look decent enough from the photos. I would recommend getting the cleanest piece of willow you have for any photos, you want to really wow people with your bats, so for me it has to be a blemish free bit of wood, with nice tight, straight grains.

The Blaster in that photo (it isn't the clearest!) is a really nice piece of wood, lots of grains and nice and straight. I think I'll try and make it a bit clearer!

nastyneil;267533 said:
The Blaster in that photo (it isn't the clearest!) is a really nice piece of wood, lots of grains and nice and straight. I think I'll try and make it a bit clearer!

Having a second look at the pads and the loggo I think the NC looks a bit funny(plan) Maybe try and change the letter shape and the colors I dont mind
but maybe a red with some black always looks good. The pitcure of the bat could be a little clearer. The prices seem very fair!

Bat grains dont look that bad from what i can see! a better close up photo would be cool!

Pads are always personal Preference!

Thanks for the comments guys.

See below more bat pics. Including close ups of the Blaster Grade 1

Also, the guys that have seen the pads in particular have not had a bad word to say about them. I think for the money they are superb value, and there is no loss of protection. Far from it in fact.

n713242386_1794290_557.jpg

n713242386_1794289_45.jpg

n713242386_1794292_1634.jpg

n713242386_1794291_1091.jpg

Looking good. The yellow and blue looks slightly muted in the above pictures and it looks a lot better (imo).

Would be interested in seeing how they play!

Thanks guys. I have used a Blaster that I had as a sample for this season, and its been great. Cracking pick up, and no real dead areas. 2lb 8 in weight.

Not had chance to look at the Boom, as our superb weather conditions combined with missing a large portion of the back end of the season, meant I couldn't get in a net with it.

It's my nickname...Nasty.

My first ever game for my current club, I was bowling (in borrowed boots a size too small!) on a wet pitch and slipped...unfotunately it lead to me bouncing a 12 year old and hitting him on the helmet!

.......And Nasty Neil was born!

So it seemed a logical choice to me (!) that Nasty Cricket would be the name. It's actually VERY difficult to come up with a name.
I think its distinctive, and thats about all I was looking for. There's nothing more boring than another 'Cricket Supplies' or Harvey Sports.....just not the same!

looking very good neil imo u should had a some different colour combinations (yeah im canadian i spell colour like this not like color anyways) try red and black try a baby blue and yellow rather than dark blue the puma green kinda limish green looks kool too but other than that they look pretty good and nice stickers keep up the good work!! :)

Does look good Neil, the more faded yellow works better on the bats. I think the colours of the pads and gloves are fine the way they are in the pics on the previous page - but the newer bat pictures look better.

Fair play for starting your own business - hope it goes well.

Back