Nathan Bracken?

Re: Nathan Bracken?

distributer of pain;342140 said:
it wouldnt work, different climates wouldnt allow most countrys to do this, i think why they scapped the Australia A concept was because of the hole it put in shield cricket, most teams had to use club players as fill ins, in our summer anyway. as for touring Australia A, most shield players get good funding from countie teams during our winter and are contracted to the countie team, i dont think the counties would be to happy about it.

Good point about the climates, but 11 guys missing Shield cricket isn't going to damage the competition too much and the county teams can just piss off IMO.

Mousey;342168 said:
Good point about the climates, but 11 guys missing Shield cricket isn't going to damage the competition too much and the county teams can just piss off IMO.

exactly my thought. if they were born and bred in australia, and play in australia, then they should stay in australia. there is a little too much money in the game, but i cant blame them getting more from county cricket, especially if you arent such a highly ranked player, but i like the idea of people staying loyal to the state and country. i like the australia a idea, but it does have its troubles.

as for the comment further back about junior players in T20s, thats also exactly my opinion. get them in and playing just for experience, what they should be doing with symonds. T20s should stay as exhibition games, more or less, even the world cup can just be a big tournament for no reason but fun and bragging rights IMO.

bracken didnt seem to go all that well in the last T20, but we all have off games i suppose. must be in the side, as he will be, for the ODIs.

I think they think he's a fraction slow and he's of little use with the old ball. His controll and swing is useful but they might recon Hilfenhaus is a better option.

gbatman;342449 said:
I think they think he's a fraction slow and he's of little use with the old ball. His controll and swing is useful but they might recon Hilfenhaus is a better option.

he still can bowl around that 135km/h mark with his effort ball. often the bowlers that bowl a little slower are harder to play, they are sort of that in between speed and batsman arent sure what to do about it. take james hopes as an example. he is a very economical bowler and gets his fair share of wickets, yet he can only get to around 120km/h with his effort ball. plus he has a whole variety of deliveries. i would put him at least par with hilfy, they should both get a shot.

Boris;342453 said:
he still can bowl around that 135km/h mark with his effort ball. often the bowlers that bowl a little slower are harder to play, they are sort of that in between speed and batsman arent sure what to do about it. take james hopes as an example. he is a very economical bowler and gets his fair share of wickets, yet he can only get to around 120km/h with his effort ball. plus he has a whole variety of deliveries. i would put him at least par with hilfy, they should both get a shot.

If he's on par with Hilfy, why not play Hilfy? he's half a decade younger.

breeno;342454 said:
If he's on par with Hilfy, why not play Hilfy? he's half a decade younger.

good point there. i still dont like the age issues though. i like what they did with mcgain and bring him into the side at his age. IMO age should not be a barrier, but their skill level instead. unless you are deciding between two evenly matched players where the smallest details count. using that i suppose that hilfy is the one to pick. it doesnt stop my thoughts that bracken should have been the first picked instead of siddle.

Back