National Premier Cricket

I for one follow the NSW Premier Cricket comp every year as a way of keeping track of perhaps the next gen Blues cricketer. Last season's top performers will be looking to follow up this season no doubt to put pressure on the incumbent.

Last edited:
Are the Vic boys playing because they can't play in Victoria?
I expect that is the situation. btw I am changing this thread to the National Premier Cricket thread. We need more cricket posters if you know of any for both that and the state domestic comp threads if you know of any.

Last edited:
Round Two NSW PL: Oct. 3&10

In the Belvidere Cup UNSW and Thunder keeper/batsman Matthew Gilkes led the way on day one making an astonishing run a ball red ball double century.. blasting 10 sixes and 15 fours to blow away the opposition by stumps. He is now second to the club's all-time record score held by ex-Test opener Michael Slater. The next gen kept things boiling with Northern District teenager Lachlan Shaw scoring his maiden top grade century (107) in only his second BC appearance. Century also from another pup in 20 year old Aiden Bariol for UTS North Sydney. while others to bring up the triple figures were former Essendon (Vic) player James Seymour and Saffa Hasan (UNSW). Blues batsman Jason Sangha followed up his one day ton with 95.

Best performer with the ball was Easts' Marcus Atallah 6-49 while another teen in Campbelltown-Camden all-rounder Brock Larance captured 5-67.

ROUND TWO: Second day top performances.

Bankstown opener Nick Carruthers tamed a Sutherland attack compiling 112 to steer the Bulldogs to a two-wicket win.
Not to be outdone by his brother, Mitchell Carruthers also tonned up on the same day.

Other batsmen to reach notable milestones were Wests' Nick Cutler (fifth century), Sydney's Beau McClintock (third century) and Gordon's Tym Crawford (4000 career runs).

Spin bowling all-rounder Arjun Nair celebrated his 100th PL match in style, picking up 4-56 to go with his 61 as Fairfield-Liverpool held on for a tense 12-run win over Campbelltown-Camden.

Last edited:

Last edited:
69er you questioned why Justin Avendano had not been given a Blues cap. He certainly made another claim with a power laden red ball 160 yesterday in Sydney. Avendano is now in his 8th PC season and has a moderate red ball career average @36. But that does not tell the full story. After a slow start where he averaged about @33 for the first three years there has been a steady improvement in performance ever since. Other than a poor 2017/18 he has averaged above @50 for the past five years. @81 last season and this season after three games (one whiteball) is already averaging a whopping @85 after his big ton. If I was considering Avendano for a Blues batting spot I'd be questioning his poor conversion rate with only 10 career tons. I'd also be a touch critical of his technique against a moving ball on a lively track. But not on a flat track like yesterday where he hammered the attack. He was especially strong driving and pulling off the back foot.

Last edited:
Cooper Connolly - Scarborough Cricket Club
Hayden Stumpers - Wanneroo Cricket Club
Teague Wyllie - Rockingham-Mandurah Cricket Club
Luke Holt - Willetton Cricket Club
Blair Walsh - Willetton Cricket Club
Nathan Bothma - Subiaco-Floreat Cricket Club

Back