Need Advice on How to become a Professional Cricketer

Need Advice on How to become a Professional Cricketer

My name is Akolade Saheed, am 15 years and 55 days Old. I am a Nigerian junior international cricketer. I play for Nigeria U15s & U19s, Ibeju lekki cricket club and I was invited for the national team as a development player from the U19s to the national team. I bowl well in trials and I was put on stand by in the team. Am new to harrow drives. My aim is to be a professional first class cricketer one day and play in England county league level.

I have read HOW TO BECOME A PROFESSIONAL CRICKETER. And I am happy that what I read can help me out. I need Advice from you and also have some question.

I am following the steps as what I read on Harrow Drive. HOW TO BECOME A PROFESSIONAL CRICKETER. Firstly am young 15 years and 55 days Old and I having lucky birthday. I have contact County Academy Directors regarding join county academy, some response to me that I will classified as overseas player but they said that I will have send my performance on a DVD disk, References and other footages. After viewing they will see what they can do on it. Currently I have a practice schedule for myself day by day.

I have someone who advice me on my cricket and also coach me, he's from South Africa and he has played first class cricket. I have a sponsor who strongly believes in me and my cricket. My South Africa coach is working for me to go to South Africa to attend Shedder Cricket Academy for a course to improve on my cricket (6 months). After the course I also want to attend a fast bowling course in India or Australia. Then send the entire requirement to the county academies. I pray one of the academies should accept me and later gain a professional contract. Here are my plans and steps I want to make on my cricket. Please I need your Advise.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/other/content/player/308402.html

I really look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Akolade.

Re: Need Advice on How to become a Professional Cricketer

Hello madbunny, Thanks for your Comments and am just asking if the step am making is a right step to make. If i want to be a professional First Class Cricket one day to play in England County Level Cricket League..So i need Advise .......

I don't think anyone can tell you if it's the right step, it's really what you want in life that determines which decision to make. I don't live in England, so I am not best equipped to answer any questions relating to a career as an English cricketer. Maybe some of the English members can fill you in on what it takes to make it in the top grade.

gday Akolade...

have u sat down with your coaches or team staff and discussed this with them???? also the acedamy / county coaches could surely lead u in the right direction...

Back