New Captain keen to grab Bull by the horns

T-PainE

Recently appointed Adelaide City manager has chosen to name the new Captain on (hopefully) the eve of their first round match. A Press Conference was called for 8pm tonight, to inform everyone of the decision.

"Yeah as a club we thought it would a good idea that everyone sat down and put a name onto paper, one who they thought would lead this mighty club right back up the top. So we held a vote count over dinner and a few beverages, counted the results and in the end the result was conclusive." T-PainE said.

"Bobby (Schiebold) has been voted in, and he was close to tears when he heard his name read out again and again. Around the club he's been a shining light. Trains after everyone else leaves, always trying to iron out any flaws in his game. He probably sleeps with a cricket bat. He's such a great bloke to have around the club and one I'm extremely pleased to have around. The team quietens when he talks and you can tell he's got the boys respect."

28 year old Robert Harvay has also been selected as Vice-Captain. It is believed that both Captain and Vice-Captain will bounce ideas off each other and Harvay's experience around the game will be pivotal to Schiebold's success.

Michael Dureya, Adelaide News 8.25pm, Monday 25 October, 2010.

Pouks today responded.

"Look i watched Eager very closely as a junior, he is the Joel Selwood of this competition I think. For him not even to be a vice captain is something that will eat at him, I believe T-Paine may have made the wrong choice here. A choice that may see bad blood, not saying I know anything about there relationship but if I was T-Paine I would of had him within the leadership group to grow into that role"

Pouks went onto joke.

"...Gaz Eager would be a very healthy edition at WA. He could take the reigns of Mo, but dont tell him that haha"

"I don't know Eager too well either, but I think it would be a bit of a risk putting a 21-year-old straight into the leadership group of a new club. I'd imagine the plan is to let him concentrate on playing his best cricket for now, and then consider him for a leadership role in a couple of seasons when he's matured and established himself in the competition."

"I don't know Eager too well either, but I think it would be a bit of a risk putting a 21-year-old straight into the leadership group of a new club. I'd imagine the plan is to let him concentrate on playing his best cricket for now, and then consider him for a leadership role in a couple of seasons when he's matured and established himself in the competition."

"Yeah but as I said earlier I believe it's important for the players to decide who they want to be the leader. My vote counted no more than anyone elses. I'm sure Eager will be captain of the club in the future, but right now the players want Bobby. I'm sure young Gareth will let his cricket do the talking this season, but he has already shown me he is a future leader of the club, and has expressed his desire to remain loyal and be a one club player."

"Seeing that sort of commitment from a 19 year old just warms my heart. It really does."

Back