new cricket bats

Re: new cricket bats

its kashmir willow though but a nice bat and its a bargain for only 16$ candadian. or only 675 rupees.

If you can buy a cricket bat for 16 canadian dollars (which is $17.8224 AU or 8.17870 pounds) its a great buy. Even better if it lasts more than 2 games :p

As we're on the topic of new bats, I picked up a new net bat today. A SS Turbo, was really cheap and as my other bat had just died, I thought why not?

bat_front.jpg

bat_back.jpg

bat_side.jpg

Not something that I would normally go for but it plays fine and with the second grip added its a nice weight and pick up.

i have 2 question is that kashmir willow and isnt there 2 SS companies one is Surridge and the other is Sareen Sports?

It's English willow and it's from Surridge Sport.

I only got it because it was cheap (50% off plus I got another £15 off it) and that for the money it looked and tapped up ok. There are 9/10 reasonable grains (straight enough), and there is a bit of harder wood on the outside edge.

The wood isn't the cleanest looking, with what appears to be a little bit of 'butterfly' staining (no bad thing though) and one or two knots on the edge - but at least I know that it hasn't been bleached.

All in all, for the money and for what it'll be used for, its a pretty good buy, well, I think so anyway, the only thing it lacks is an oval handle.

ag23 said:
i have 2 question is that kashmir willow and isnt there 2 SS companies one is Surridge and the other is Sareen Sports?
No, they are one and the same. Sareen Sports owns the trademark to the name SS SUNRIDGES.

sorry to steal the thread but i thought it would save making another thread

if i am a player who usually plays ether square of the wicket( if that is square both ways) and down the ground in a V and i also play the leg glance the late cut but not as often but i also play defensive and wait for the right shot as you can make any runs once your back in the pavillion would a slightly heavier bat be good for me ... i am 16 and am fairly strong and i am 173 and i was thinking about 2lb 9 oz - 2lb 12 oz
what do you think

The weight you specify is what I would consider to be the average weight for a bat nowadays.

If you're able to, go to a local cricket store and try a few bats put. Start with something around the 2lb 10 mark with a classical shape and see how it feels. Play a few strokes and really get a feel for the bat. If it feels too light, try a heavier one, and the opposite if it feels too heavy.

There is no real wrong or right weight for a bat, it's down to what you feel comfortable with and the only way to find that out is to try a few before you buy.

It may be worthwhile spending a bit of time looking at a few manufacturers sites as they often include the type of player a bat should suit in the description but as always this should only be taken as a rough guide.

Back