New Era in Cricket

grapedo

New Era in Cricket

Now that Australia have been dethroned and are looking like loseing their number 1 ranking do you think South Africa will have the next era of dominance ? If not who will ?

Re: New Era in Cricket

South Africa, India and Australia will be the main competitors.

England closely following.

breeno;302079 said:
South Africa, India and Australia will be the main competitors.

England closely following.

I think definitley South Africa and India don't know about Australia anymore though.

You have to remember Australia had South Africa by the throat. It won't take long before that killer instinct is back, and even though South Africa won the series, both matches could have gone either way.

breeno;302083 said:
You have to remember Australia had South Africa by the throat. It won't take long before that killer instinct is back, and even though South Africa won the series, both matches could have gone either way.

yeah I suppose so. :(
Hopefully by then South Africa are good enough not to be put in those situations though.:)

This is just a minor thing happening for Australia at the moment, we'll be strong soon, not as strong as under the rule of Langer-Warne-Gilchrist-McGrath, but we will be strong.

Aleks.;302315 said:
This is just a minor thing happening for Australia at the moment, we'll be strong soon, not as strong as under the rule of Langer-Warne-Gilchrist-McGrath, but we will be strong.

Keep telling yourself that mate but no one is getting any younger in the side and they never liked a rotation policy so now they have to replace legends with promising first class players who don't cut it at test level.

A rotation policy would have them in a better position.

The series could of gone either way, pretty ridiculous selections and quite a bit of luck against us. I still believe Australia are still the best team in the world by some way. But the media Have been writing the same article about Australia being the best team in the world for so long that us losing one series gave them a chance to read too much into it and analyze the fictitious demise of Australian Cricket.
Just like when we lost the ashes it apparently marked a passing of the mantle to England who were in shambles a few months later.

Although it is a bit too early to write Australia off, I think it's pretty clear that times are a changing in world cricket. Gone will be one team dominating all others; hopefully for the next 2/3 years (and with any luck for a bit longer than that) we'll see a number teams who are able to beat each other and make things interesting.

South Africa look strong, India have very good players although they may suffer a slight wobble when they lose the likes of Dravid, Laxman and Tendulkar and I honestly feel England will be in the mix once Moores is sacked. Australia also have some young talent although they may be a little bit behind their closest rivals in bedding them in, mainly because they had the luxury of a settled team for a number of years.

So, to answer the op, will South Africa dominate? No, I don't think they will but then again neither will any other team, at least not in the immediate future. It takes a lot to turn into a relentless series winning machine (as Australia and the West Indies were) and no one team seemingly have the versatility needed (just yet).

grapedo;302080 said:
I think definitley South Africa and India don't know about Australia anymore though.

When you lose 2 of the best bowlers ever(Warne+Mcgrath) in a short space of time, you will come back to the pack a fair bit,our batting is still very strong + this test series vs SA could have gone either way.....???

I think that Pontings captaincy on 3rd day at MCG,when we had SA on toast
was pretty ordinary???
Why you would have 5 fielders on the boundary+nobody on the bat with a number 10 batsman(Steyn) at the crease staggers me:eek:,espiecially when he was crappin his pants at anything short:confused:

The gap has definately closed heaps but the Aussies still no1 dont write us off just yet:D

Back